A simple question about Resize Partition under Windows Vista. Please Help.

This discussion is about "A simple question about Resize Partition under Windows Vista. Please Help." in the "Software & Games (Old)" forums.
i hope this is the correct side of the forum for this one. xx What i want to do is to repartition my hard drive ...

Default A simple question about Resize Partition under Windows Vista. Please Help.

i hope this is the correct side of the forum for this one. xx

What i want to do is to repartition my hard drive without reformatting it. and thank goodness i found the answer to that on this link right here ->Resize Partition under Windows Operating System

since im on windows vista, the shrinking part is not a problem, i guess.

now here's my question:
    i have plenty of files on my drive D: and a very little space on my drive C, if im going to shrink D, which will then add space to drive C, will the shrinking DELETE some/all of my files located in my D? will this not harm any of my files?

anybody tried this one? please share your stuff and enlighten me. i know you guys can answer this. please. thank you.

No files should be harm .. this is because the maximum space you could expand on your driveC is equal or less than the available space on your driveD. However just a precautionary measure .. backed it up first.
    ALONE:Hated and Punished

thank you for the reply sir BadDudes. i really appreciate it. but backing up the files is actually the problem. i dont have any extra storage for backing them up. cant afford to buy any extra storage device(s) yet. <please correct me if these words sounds stupid. im a total noob on this one.>

should i just take the risk and just go on with the partitioning without backing up my files? i want to be sure if its ok to do so. for any of you have tried, please advise. thank you.

not tried the partitioning software on windows ... i suggest download 3rd party software like partition magic which i myself had used and got no problem so far.. again read the manual carefully because partition resizing had a great risk of corruption especially during processing and suddenly mag brown out ...ouch!!!
    ALONE:Hated and Punished

thank you sir. nice info for someone who have actually tried partition magic. using a 3rd party software was my plan a, but after learning about this resize partition software under windows, i plan to give this one a try first. im thinking maybe its safer than using the 3rd party softwares. but now, i think ima go with partition magic. i just cant afford to lose this files.

but still il be bumping this thread for those of you who have tried the software under windows.

6.    Advertisement