Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: No TV Day

Are you planning to go out to the streets with placards and shouting phrases like "Down with the boob tube", "Get out of the couch, yah grouch", "Get a life. Say No to the idiot box" or something like that? hehehe just kidding........

This could be good exercise. my kids are slowly kicking out the habit coz most of their fave cartoon shows are meer re-inventions from one show to another or replays..... they get more fun with neighbors as playmates. And they get to study more..... and I'm planning to let them write letters (handwritten) to keep them occupied during their spare time especially this summer.

One advantage to pre-paid cable is that you have the choice to renew it any time. I will try this No TV days once our cable is due at least once a month. nice idea guys.....

Quote Originally Posted by firefaery
    But dude, you didn't answer my question about streaming videos or watching dvds on your PC.
    that includes, too

Quote Originally Posted by BaNGis
    Are you planning to go out to the streets with placards and shouting phrases like "Down with the boob tube", "Get out of the couch, yah grouch", "Get a life. Say No to the idiot box" or something like that? hehehe just kidding........
    im getting out this coming Valentine's Day carrying a BIG sign that says, "Free Hug"

if we're going for this new perspective stuff about a lot of important things that needs to be tended to, is it also safe to propose, NO INTERNET DAY?

cuz hey, i'm all for it... i totally agree that there are more important stuff than tv.

and im looking forward to a life less ordinary, and i personally believe, that this is a step. =)

i'd say that i have only watched tv around two times the past 3 years...and that was both times i went home for the past 2 xmas vacations. i dont have a tv in my pad..i just download whatever tv series i want to watch hehe

No Internet Day = Okay

No Internet Week = *cringe*

hahayz.. faet jud ning addict sa internet. no more time to watch tv. huhuuhuhu

no tv day = ok kaayo. approve ko ani

pero no computer day = waaaaaaaaaaa ambot

ig good friday di mi magtv. pero magduwa og chicha whole day ig black saturday pagvideoke na

@catch- r u engr bar chu?hehe..engr bar chu s our engrng titser(5thyr)hes our titser in broadcasting nd he once told us about ds no tv day bsan ka 1 lang mahitabo in a year..according to him tv is very very influential..hehe.to long to mention it all why he agrees no tv day...bt i lyk ds man..i lyk hes principles!!hes a gud man..i also agree to no tv day..

in our family, we don't turn on our TV during weekdays. No TV from Sunday evening up to Thursday eve. When we do turn it on, we do it to watch the news, since we travel a lot and we need to be updated regularly about the weather.

And we don't allow more than one TV to be turned on. that way, we save electricity and turn TV watching into a family activity. the result? we end up watching only those shows that are worthwhile, if we watch TV at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Isteb
    in our family, we don't turn on our TV during weekdays. No TV from Sunday evening up to Thursday eve. When we do turn it on, we do it to watch the news, since we travel a lot and we need to be updated regularly about the weather.

And we don't allow more than one TV to be turned on. that way, we save electricity and turn TV watching into a family activity. the result? we end up watching only those shows that are worthwhile, if we watch TV at all.
    wow.. imagine most families wil do d same like you do, ds place wud be so boring, ehehehe.. joke!
    duh! theres lotsa things to do than a couch potato..

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast