Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default International Airport in Panglao, Bohol?

While tourism in Bohol is flourishing, it is not yet feasible for them to have an international airport which will cost 4.2B. Moreover, it would be impractical since Bohol is just 30-45 mins. away from cebu via fastcraft.Â* Even Davao, a bigger and the major city in Mindanao is not using their "new" international airport "that much" What more Bohol?

The Mactan International Airport's runway has been long overdue for a major repair (just like building a new one) so they are planning to build a new parallel runway which is needed as soon as possible because foreign airlines are refusing and are beginning to cancel routes at MCIAA and even local airlines have been complaining since the runway has become a hazard and posseses a "clear and present danger" to the passengers. The International Civil Aviation Organization has given MCIAA a 2007 deadline to fully rehabilitate its runway which will only cost 1B.

Gov. Aumentado said he will block the project which by the way he has no jursidiction over because MCIAA will use its own funds and the approval is thru Malacañang not the Regional Development Council which Gov. Aumentado has a say .Â* I suggest he lobby for his own projects instead so in that case Cebu will get their runway and Bohol will also get their airport. But he know this is far from possible.Â* But for now, objectively I believe the runway should be for Cebu.

This situation could have been a no brainer only if the Governor of Bohol did not bloat his ego.Â* He was not objective and therefore thought that MCIAA downplayed Bohol as a province.

Comments anyone?!

Default Re: International Airport in Panglao, Bohol?

Bohol to have an international airport at this time is not yet feasible. To have an airport... YES.

A small and decent airport is enough for Bohol. If budget permits and feasibility studies approve, what they should be constructing for the benefit of Cebuanos & Boholanos alike is a bridge connecting the 2 island provinces because it will cross a "stable" sea, being in between big 2 islands just like in Florida.

Why don't they just upgrade the airport in Tagbilaran? Are they really after the the welfare of the boholanons? or just after the kickback....
    Tsk tsk tsk. Lisod na!

an international airport in Bohol will be too much of a wasted investment. Â*even with the influx of koreans who charter flights to have a peek of the Chocolate Hills, japanse who go scuba diving, and the rest of the tourists and visitors, i could not see Bohol's air traffic booming in the next ten years.

if Aumentado had the money, he should spend it to improve the existing airport's infrastructure to acceptable, if not better-than-acceptable, standards.
    WATCH YOUR ATTITUDE!

i upgrade lang ilang PORT para sa barko dili AIRPORT. :mrgreen:

maybe it's better if they have an airport first noh... but to have an international airport...murag it's not feasible yet

Quote Originally Posted by cruella_1025
    maybe it's better if they have an airport first noh... but to have an international airport...murag it's not feasible yet
    Bohol have already an airport.

But I wonder why Aumentado choose this kind of investment. Why won't he solve first the insurgency problems in his province?

I agree with Gen. Yap. An airport in Bohol will be just a waste of money!..wa paman gani ta naka fully utilize sa potential sa Mactan International bisag dili lang tourism atong gisaligan na industry..diba?!..it would be better and more beneficial if port and other transportation facilities connecting CEBU and BOHOL be upgraded since it will be better for the national as well as the local economy!...

I really don't know what comes into the mind of our officials when they do planning.

If I were to be asked, an international airport is very very unfeasible. The more with the planned international airports in Bacolod and Iloilo. The situation is very much the same in Luzon. There they have three international airports at close proximity to each other (Subic, Clark, NAIA). The government shouldn't have built the NAIA T3 in the first place if they want the DMIA in Clark to replace it. They should have just focused on the development of the DMIA.

We don't even have airtraffic that can rival Bangkok's or Tokyo's and yet we have so many "desolate" international airports -- and we keep on creating new ones! Where will the government get money to maintain it at international standards?

In my opinion, there SHOULD ONLY be THREE international airports in the country -- DMIA (Clark) for Luzon, MCIA for Visayas, and the Davao IA for Mindanao.. The rest of the airports in the country should just be upgraded and developed as domestic airports that are directly linked to the three international airports. Those that do not have airports should have road networks and highways, and better port facilities for interisland shipping.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast