Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Bad Experience with Sun Cellular

I have been rooting for this company since I'm a firm believer in the benefits that competition brings. However, my recent experience with customer service representatives in the Sun Shop in Robinson's has led me to believe that they are seriously lacking in this department.

I already have two postpaid lines with them but when one of my phones became unusable I had to get a new one. Now I thought of applying for a third line since the total cost of my target phone evern with 2 years worth of monthly service fees would still be a good deal. I went to the aforementioned Sun Shop and tried applying for one. The representatives told me to fill out an application form and wait 2 or 3 days for the result. Apparently they had to forward my application to their Manila offices for action. OK, 2 or 3 days is reasonable so I gave my application and waited for their call. Three days passed, no call. I went to the Sun Shop again and now they told me that processing actually took 1-2 weeks. OK, this could simply be a case of middle management failing to inform frontliners of a change in policy. Temper still in check. Anyway, the cashier who doubled as my rep was apparently apologetic and sincerely so. I am nothing if not patient. Needing a phone badly, I bit the bullet and bought a prepaid phonekit.

A day after I noticed something wrong with my phone's display. The first two lines of text would rise upward to the right ever so slightly. Not immediately noticable but when I wrote SMSs, this was quite obvious and made my eyes ache. I could not get to the Sun Shop since I had to go out of town for a couple days. When I came back, I went immediately to them and pointed out the defect. The customer service representatives who attended to me could not make out the defect right away. I even volunteered to demonstrate with a piece of paper with straight lines. Well, they did not appear to have any such pieces of paper (curious for an office) or simply didn't want to be bothered. The manager confessed to having imperfect vision and did not trust his eyes and so suggested a checkup with a certified technical center for Nokia. Went to Brightpoint and apparently the skewed text was a symptom of a deeper problem since the technician pronounced the display as defective. With the phone just a few days out of the store, replacement would be costless.

Now here is where the fun starts, I thought that the replacement would surely take longer than having the phone replaced outright WHICH the Sun Shop representatives promised to do if I presented the technician's findings. I decided for the latter option, went back to the Sun Shop, happy that I was going to go home with a phone that would not make my eyes hurt. NOT!!!

Now, the Sun Shop representatives tell me that they could not replace my phone outright because 1.) the Brightpoint technician did not include the defective display with the phone I returned. He did this under the mistaken impression that Sun would replace only the display. 2.) Even if I returned the phone with the defective display, they would need at least two people to sign the appropriate form. One would be in Manila and one would be someone not in the office. I had been needlessly patient through all this and I regret being so. I suggested they take care of having the display replaced. I asked if they could provide me a time for me to pick up the phone. Unfortunately, the rep told me that they would just call me. By now I took the phrase "mutawag lang mi" to mean "mutawag lang mi kung di mi kalimot" or "mutawag lang mi kung convenient namo." I had been patient through all this but this was the final straw. In disgust, I said I would just take care of going to the service center. No thanks to them. With the manager out of the office for a meeting, an appeal to higher powers was out of the question. Temper still in check, I resolved to e-mail the head office my complaint. Got home, and their customer service link did not even provide an e-mail address!

AHH! This was utterly bad customer service, something that a hungry new industry player should not be doing. The damned rep who talked to me did not even apologize for the inconvenience this was all causing me. I would have given her a sore scolding if she was not pregnant. It seems that they did not teach this in their customer service training.

thanks for the info/warning gabriel.,,,,ill take note of this and tell my friends

I normally brush off any run of the mill bad customer service that I have come to expect from any Philippine shop. This instance was particularly aggravating and despite my strong sentiments for the Gokongwei companies, in large part due to my admiration for their founder and their underdog stature in many markets, this had to be reported.

P.S. If you have no choice but to brave their Robinson's office, talk to the cashier who doubles as a sales rep. She was the lone person who appeared to appreciate all the trouble I was going through. I only wish I caught her name.

we've had bad experience with sun cellular as well. my mom is the "victim" actually. she works in mabolo and the signal there is so very poor. what's sun cellular's coverage area by the way? doesn't it include when you're inside an office premise.... customer care hotline 200? duh! it takes like forever to have some customer rep to answer you.

Smart had the same problem when they first switched to GSM from analog. Parehas gyud, full bar pila lang ka lakang no signal dayon labi na kung makasud ug building nga naay metal RF barriers. Kami, sa gawas sa balay hapit full bar inig sud no signal tungod kay naa mi mosquito screen.

yeah well, sun cellular should've concentrated more on how they can improve their products & services so that they could compete with today's leading mobile telecommunications company (smart & globe). but they're concentrating more on advertising what they couldn't even satisfactorily give just to lure people to get their services.

we regreted so much why we even signed up for SUN cellular!!!

ey sun cellular peepz, make room for improvement!

maarte gyud na sila mura ra pa pod og nindot ilang signal. STUPID pa gyud na ilang mga staff diha ..

My sister also suggested that I get sun cellular, but after your testimonial, Gabriel.... I'm having 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th...... nth thoughts....
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

yup³... me too!

barato ra gyud siya... good for a "student" like me!

Go try their SM City branch. The people there are not as dense as the ones in Robinson's.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast