Page 1 of 597 123411 ... LastLast

Default iPhone & iPod Touch -> How to's, Tips n Tricks and Guides

POST UPDATED: 13 March 2012

What is it?

Jailbreaking (JB or jailbreak) is the term used in hacking your iphone or ipod touch to allow root access to the device. In Android based phones it is called rooting. This is necessary for users who wants to have full access to their device allowing them to run unsigned code (install apps that are not found in the AppStore).

Unlocking is hacking the baseband of the phone so as to remove the restriction (sim lock, network lock, or subsidy lock built into GSM phones) set upon by the manufacturer to allow the user any carrier provided sim.

For iPhones, you must JAILBREAK to UNLOCK.

iPhones bought from ATT, Globe, Rogers are most probably LOCKED even if they are bought outright without contract. So for those phones to be used in other carriers you need to UNLOCK it.

How to disable iOS4 "multitasking"
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/gizmos...ml#post7884463

JAILBREAK

There are a lot of variables now that need to be considered before jailbreaking. It is recommended to read the new announcements and information from the official iPhone Dev-Team in the url below.

Latest Jailbreak info at Dev-Team Blog

Can I Unlock my iPhone?

To know more read here Can I Unlock My iPhone?

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad?

To know more read here Can I Jailbreak My iPhone?
    Last edited by comicGeek; 03-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Default Re: iPhone -> How to's, Tips n Tricks and Guides

[img width=500 height=375]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/jaytol23/Screen05.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/jaytol23/Screen06.jpg[/img]

i have to buy 1 of dis hehehe tigum sa ..........

Hehehehe. Kaya ra kaau ni nimo bai.

pwede mu apil ang ipod touch owners dinhe?

pwede pa machange and thread title?

i can share lots about my itouch.

here's some:

iPod Touch Tricks & Tips

Through using your iPod Touch you invariably pick up little tricks to get things done quicker, or make life easier. Or maybe a cool unknown feature.

Let's collate them here for all to see. Post your tricks and tips on this thread, and I'll go through it now and then and pick them out and add them to the following list...

1. If you're scrolling through a long document/page in Safari - if you tap the bar at the top of your screen containing the time and battery, Safari will automatically scroll up to the top of the document/page and the show address bar.

2. Turn off WiFi and SSH (using Services from Installer) to save battery power when not in use.

3. Double clicking the home button in any application, or with the screen off will bring up the music controls.

4. Make sure to completely close apps when you are done with them to save battery power. This is accomplished by pressing and holding the home button for approximately five seconds. This boosts battery life big time if you run lots of different apps all the time.

5. Holding down letters on the keyboard will pop up the accents/symbols associated with those letters. Once it pops up, slide your finger over to the accent/symbol you like.

6. Whilst in Mail's inbox view, sliding your finger from left to right on a message the 'delete' button will appear. This also applies in the list view of the Videos application.

7. In Safari double tap to zoom in. You can also "pinch" (putting your thumb and index finger on the screen and pinching in and out) to zoom in Safari and in Pictures.

8. You can charge your iPod Touch from any powered USB port. Such as a computer, printer, media centre. The device does not have to have iTunes installed to provide power to your iPod Touch.

9. Need a spare cleaning cloth for your touch, or an extra cloth to rest your iPod touch on while at work or school? Just go to your local vision care store (or pharmacy) and get an eyeglass/sunglass "cleaning cloth". Cheap and works great!

10. When watching a video, tap to bring up the onscreen controls. When you are done watching a video make sure you press done so your progress will be saved.

11. If you want to set a picture as a permanent background (and not only in the "wake" screen) Set the picture as a background in settings or directly from the picture gallery then off the theme wallpaper in the SummerBoard settings.

12. When typing a lot of text in Safari turn it to horizontal view. The keyboard will be bigger and you can get a better grip of the Touch while typing with two thumbs.

13. When typing if you want to add something from the numbers keyboard just hold down the numbers and slide your finger to the number or symbol you want, and release. It will take you back to your letters keyboard. This way you dont have to tap numbers, tap your number, then tap numbers again to go back. This also applies for using the 'shift' key to apply capital letters.

14. When in Safari, if you are presented with a link, hold your finger over the link, and a bubble will appear showing the URL that the link is tied to.

15. In Safari since you can't open links in a new windows, you can open a new page, tap the bookmarks icon, tap the history folder and direct yourself to the last page you were just on and tap the link from there.

16. When listening to an audiobook, iTunes and your iPod create a new chapter list unrelated to the subject of the book. It's accessible using the same control used for viewing audio tracks (upper right of screen).

17. Make a spelling mistake? Press and hold the word you spelt wrong and a magnifying glass will appear. Slide your finger back and forwth to move the cursor.

18. When you're on a website that has a frame or an iframe with scrollbars in it, use two fingers on that frame to scroll that window and back to a single finger to scroll the whole page.

19. When typing, if you press the space bar twice after a word it will insert a period and another space.

20. If you wish to use the horizontal keyboard to chat on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, ICQ, etc. Using Safari go to the site www.meebo.com and use it there.

bai comicgeek,

abi nako baligya nimo imong iphone? laayan naka?

daghan paman kaayo problems ang iphone para nako. labi na dili ma-unlock ang bag-o and recessed jacks and much more,
    para nako ganahan lang ko sa ipod touch nako as a pda lang.

daghan man sad apps para magamit as pda replacement.

pda + ipod

Default Re: iPhone & iPod Touch -> How to's, Tips n Tricks and Guides

topic tittle changed to include ipod touch. Yup nahan nako i baligya. Pero i thought of giving time to use this thing. And i am impressed slowly but surely everytime.

bitaw...

ganahan lang ko sa pda features sa ipod bai. maski dili pa karon replacement sa palm, para nako nindot na kaayo nga upgrade gikan sa palm.

Fast file transfers to iTouch/iPhone via USB. Windows guide.
    Since psx games can be very large, it can take awhile to transfer via SSH/SCP. So for those who have Windows, here's a quick guide to transfer files over USB. This is possible for Mac users as well, but requires Erica's Macintosh tools.

To install:
    First get t-pot. The most recent version at the time of this writing is: http://t-pot.googlecode.com/files/T-PoT.0.2.zip
    Home page: http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/

t-pod is a plugin for an application called total commander.

Download and install Total Commander from: http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm

After Total Commander is installed, unzip t-pot to a folder. Run Total Commander and goto "Configuration/Options" in the file menu. Goto "Plugins" and then click the "WFX" menu button. "ADD" the t-pot's .wfx file that you unzipped. After adding it to Total Commander, close Total Commander, and load it again. T-pot should now be installed.

To use:
    Connect the iPhone/iTouch via USB.
    At the top of the two window panes is a drop down menu usually labeled [-c-]. Select Network Neighborhood [--] from it. Choose t-pot from the window pane. You should now be looking at the file system of your iPhone/iTouch. Now you can drag over files from the other window pane to it.

Thanks to a kind ipodtouchfan for showing me this.

nice tip on usb transfers. Bati gyud ang ssh.

yep. dugay pa kaayo. dili sad ko kahibao mu SSH bai. set-up pa ug FTP using WinSCP or Cute FTP...

hahay... kalibog... maayo nalang ni pwede murag hard disk na imong iPoT / iphone.

kinsay ganahan dinhe ug lain pa tip?

ang ganahan nako sa ipod is:

It is not an ipod. It is a gaming system, and internet browser, a file editor, a notepad, a calendar, an itunes remote, a flashlight, a timer, a calculator, and a wifi signal locator...

...with an ipod built in.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 597 123411 ... LastLast