Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese people

Default Chinese people

4. his parents would rather have him date "someone Chinese"
    -i know my parents or most of the parents i know who are not Chinese won't really care about the race.in other words, they dont like me.
    Wanting your son to marry who you want is only natural. Having your son date someone who has Chinese roots makes their son's future predictable. People like to know where things are headed. When they see their kids going out with familiar people, they don't feel as out of touch. It's like wanting your kids to play with the kids that you know about. Wanting your son to marry who you want is only natural. This is as Filipino as it is Chinese.

I don't think you can predict somebody else's future! What's more familiar than a chinese person living in a Filipino country. Are you trying to tell us that they've been here in the Phils. for a long time and still they're not familiar with filipino attitudes! There's nothing wrong with parents who longs for a good future for their kids everybody does that but telling them who to marry and wanting them to marry the person that the parents wants them to marry, I just don't think that's right! You put your kid in a reputable school and you raised them to be a respectable individual and still you dont trust them with there decisions in life! That's kinda crazy that's like controlling your kids.

Again ... what are the traits that are SOLELY confined to these Chinese people that believe it or not ... aren't so different from you and I. I know satoy personally from two posts up, and he's as insik as any other insik in Cebu ... but he's also as Pinoy as any other Pinoy.[/quote]

Well you must be more of a Filipino trait than a chinese attitude person kinda like liberated but I've got friends out there who are like strict chinese I even have one who is 34 years old single a female and cant even go out at night coz her parents wont let her and she cant even marry somebody if its not chinese then I have this chinese guy friend who married a partly fil/chi and his parents disownd him and his not gonna get anthing from his parents and sad to say he broke up with her . But anyway there's nothing wrong with their culture that's how they are if possible you just have to stick your nose out of it!

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Default Chinese people

Quote Originally Posted by crinkle
    @vern
    but then how come most pinoys dont really care about the race? isnt that a difference?
    Pinoys don't care? This topic is testimony the the FACT that Pinoys care about race. Whether it's the person they are dating ... or the countless other generalizations Pinoys give to those that are different.

Quote Originally Posted by ^fl3a
    Well you must be more of a Filipino trait than a chinese attitude person kinda like liberated but I've got friends out there who are like strict chinese I even have one who is 34 years old single a female and cant even go out at night coz her parents wont let her and she cant even marry somebody if its not chinese then I have this chinese guy friend who married a partly fil/chi and his parents disownd him and his not gonna get anthing from his parents and sad to say he broke up with her . But anyway there's nothing wrong with their culture that's how they are if possible you just have to stick your nose out of it!
    I repeat ... a SOLELY Chinese trait. Parents that refuse to live in the present isn't a Chinese trait. Parents that want their kids to marry someone who has Chinese roots is no different from Jewish parents wanting their kids to marry someone Jewish ... from Christian parents wanting their kids to marry someone Christian.

Default Chinese people

yeah... that's what i'm arriving at. i just wanna ask people to post their ideas on the differences in culture, in heritage, in lifestyle, with their past, future...etc. of the Chinese.

Default Chinese people

I repeat ... a SOLELY Chinese trait. Parents that refuse to live in the present isn't a Chinese trait.

What are you talking about? Chinese culture are so much inclined to their culture dont you see chinese people out there in China. That's one reason that it's so hard for that country to grow because they are so much inclined to their culture. And as what they call it's the sleeping giant.
    Until now it's still sleeping but there's nothing wrong with that though I admire them for being so protective to their culture which is a good thing coz I dont see that in my filipino trait! Untill now they still have that buya thing and until now they still prefer to have their first baby as a boy and if it's not a boy they will have it aborted and still they are very strict to one kid per family.

Parents that want their kids to marry someone who has Chinese roots is no different from Jewish parents wanting their kids to marry someone Jewish ... from Christian parents wanting their kids to marry someone Christian.[/quote]

Jewish doesnt care of whatever descent you are in the only thing is if you marry somebody Jewish you have to convert to their religion and they don't descriminate you because of your race. Most Jewish people they dont wanna become a prejudice because of what happened to them in the past!

Default Chinese people

@vern
    of course we care about races. we care enough to distinguish who comes from what and what comes from who or whatever. this topic is not in any way, trying to generalize what the Chinese people or the Filipino-Chinese people are like. what we're trying to arrive in this topic is YOUR opinions or ideas of what they are to you. i have a Chinese friend who's been reading this topic to see how people see them, therefore making them aware of such thoughts. this is for awareness' sake.

Default Chinese people

What are you talking about? Chinese culture are so much inclined to their culture dont you see chinese people out there in China. That's one reason that it's so hard for that country to grow because they are so much inclined to their culture. And as what they call it's the sleeping giant.
    Until now it's still sleeping but there's nothing wrong with that though I admire them for being so protective to their culture which is a good thing coz I dont see that in my filipino trait!
    No. What are you talking about? The people who have posted before us are talking about Filipino-Chinese. I'm not talking about China China ... I'm talking about the Filipino-Chinese. You are right, Chinese people are inclined to their culture ... but you can say that about any patriot. FYI ... everybody knows China is no longer a sleeping giant.

Untill now they still have that buya thing and until now they still prefer to have their first baby as a boy and if it's not a boy they will have it aborted and still they are very strict to one kid per family.
    Prefering a boy over a baby girl is not about Chinese culture ... it is all about the social conditions of China. Until recently, women didn't have the same oppurtunities as men. It's only natural to want the best for your offspring. In any case, it doesn't matter ... this has nothing to do with other Filipinos thinking of Filipino-Chinese as outsiders and different instead of just being Filipino.

Jewish doesnt care of whatever descent you are in the only thing is if you marry somebody Jewish you have to convert to their religion and they don't descriminate you because of your race. Most Jewish people they dont wanna become a prejudice because of what happened to them in the past!
    That is not the point. The point is people are more happy staying with the norm and staying with what they know over change. This is the same whether you are talking about religion or heritage.

@crinkle ... so we care about races? For a minute there I thought you said ...

@vern
    but then how come most pinoys dont really care about the race? isnt that a difference?
    The only thing that anyone is ever going to get from this topic is ... like you said ... Opinions. Opinions aren't very healthy because they are after all ... opinions ... and present no fair and objective view.

Default Chinese people

OT: its getting hot in here! so lets take off all our clothes

Default Chinese people

il be learning chinese in july 8... Jin, that chinese rapper will be in town...can't wait.

Default Chinese people

@vern
    so what are you suggesting, then? you're saying opinions, opinions, aint healthy and that they present no fair and objective point of view? then what is this site for anyway? what are we doing here? what are you doing? i believe, that this site is for opinions, ideas and thoughts to be shown so we can discuss on them. people read them, and learn from them.

Default Chinese people

@crinkle ... I'm trying to say what I already said ... that opinions aren't facts. People shouldn't take them as facts. Learn from discussion ... yes ... but know that a lot of the ideas are mere opinions as I have already said. Opinions have NO objectivity and aren't required to be fair. Have you personally learned from this thread? What have you learned that you already didn't know from the generalizations that Chinese-Filipinos already get? Has this thread given you anything that wasn't opinionated and biased against or for Chinese-Filipinos?

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast