Page 4 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Guns and ammo (the real one :))

thanx for the info, nice gun you have there. is the XD available locally? if the XD is cheaper than Glocks, how much would this gun cost?

higanstolsdaw .......... I have no idea if it is available locally ... it should be but when I was in Cebu , all they have are the 1911 GI's . XD's are literally cheaper than Glocks but not that cheaper in terms of model comparisons . A fully loaded XD is very expensive compared to a fully loaded GLock or vice versa depending on the model , caliber , barrel length and finish . Mine is a 4" barrel with trijicon night sights and I paid close to $ 600 with tax or about 32,000 PHp . It came a with a brush , 2 clips , lock and a plastic case . A very good replacement pistol for my Sig Sauer 357 SIG .

I ended up waiting for a year to see a lot of positive feedbacks and the reasons why I finally got one are :

- torture tested at 100,000 rounds and is still consistent in its accuracy and mechanism's are still like it just came out of the factory .

- cheaper to maintain and very user friendly while providing safety to the user .

- Transit of a handful of law enforcement including the NJPD , LVMPD , NYPD and SDPD and a couple agencies including the US marshalls and DEA of officially making the XD pistols their choice of sidearms .

- The grip is perfectly made to fit any size of hands .

- All models comes with Picatinny rails not available in all models of GLock .

" A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Just went to the range today and fired about 60 rounds with my XD . I finally got the chance to shoot the Kimber Pro and was so amazed of its accuracy of 2 inch groupings at 30 feet . BTW , the 1911 was a rental and imagine if I really owned it , basin mas nindot pa to ug groupings and I am not really a shooter of a 45 caliber . Nindot gyud ang 1911's .

This is the KIMBER PRO CARRY II from their official website :

[img width=300 height=225]http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/pistols/stainlessprocarry_II.jpg[/img]
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Stronghand Incorporated is the dealer of the Croatian sensation in the Philippines.. HS2000. PhP 39,000 for the .40 S&W.Â* No Springfield XDs are currently being sold in the Philippines.Â* Springfield's contract with the Croatian Manufacturer does not allow them to sell Springfield XDs outside of North America. I askedÂ* Stronghand and they replied that only the .45 GAP is available not the .45 ACP so I guess that caliber is exclusive for Springfield XDs only and not for the HS 2000.Â*

adam@springfield-armory.com
    "We do not have a distributor in the Philippines at this time. Please be advised that our contract with the manufacturer of the XD does not allow us to export the pistol our off North America. I’m sorry but I won’t be able to help with your request."

As far as I know, the manufacturer of the HS2000 (HS Produkt) has not closed shop. They recently released the HS 2000 .45 GAP. And yes the said Croatian Manufacturer is the one making the Springfield XDs and being exclusively imported by Springfield.Â* Reason why there is a Made in Croatia on the older generations of Springfield XDs.Â* Do correct me if Im wrong.

One thing about HS 2000 here in the Philippines though, when I asked Stronghand (sole disstributor of HS 2000) about buying parts for the HS 2000, their reply was kinda like saying "you are on your own on that one"... So no HS 2000 for me..... as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by screamingeagle
    As far as I know, the manufacturer of the HS2000 (HS Produkt) has not closed shop. They recently released the HS 2000 .45 GAP. And yes the said Croatian Manufacturer is the one making the Springfield XDs and being exclusively imported by Springfield. Reason why there is a Made in Croatia on the older generations of Springfield XDs. Do correct me if Im wrong.
    I didnt know that ... I thought they totally shut down and Springfield bought all the rights of the pistol , the XD's . BTW ... mine has a made in Crotia in the slide .... ang slide ra ang gi himom sa Crotia cguro , the rest is sa US .

One thing about HS 2000 here in the Philippines though, when I asked Stronghand (sole disstributor of HS 2000) about buying parts for the HS 2000, their reply was kinda like saying "you are on your own on that one"... So no HS 2000 for me..... as of now.

When you say" UR ON UW OWN "what kind parts are we talking about ? Replacement parts or accesories ? Im planning to send my XD to Springfield's headquarters para ipa bull barrel but dont know how loing i will take and how much and install a Pachmayr rubber grips .

Springfield_XD_40: I asked them about the parts and they said they dont carry replacement parts yet (That was 4 months ago). I didnt ask about accessories though because I assumed its the same. Thats what really turned me off.Â* Its a great gun though. I handled it on the shop and it felt great.Â* I dont know much about Stronghand Manila, but here in Cebu, Stronghand doesnt carry much. They are really just keeping their focus on their "reloading" business. Well when I have money to burn and feel " adventurous" I will definitelyÂ* buy one and have my regrets later (kung naay ika regret) MWAHAAHAA.Â* Â* I havent had any experience with Springfield in the states. Have you checked this great site www.xdtalk.com ? Great place to talk XDÂ* :mrgreen:

Well here's the website of Stronghand for more infoÂ* www.stronghandinc.com

Ive had the experience also of holding the HS200 but not firing it . The only difference I think is the ammo capacity and the name .

The only regrets I have on the XD is finish . Daghan na kaau ug garas tungod sa holster but its normal if ur concealed but ang finish sa XD murag bati kaau .

How about rifle owners here .... I am an SKS FANATIC .

sa mga nagmamay-ari ng armscpr app 9 or ap 9 pistol baka naman pwede niyo i-share kung magkano niyo nabili!!! . balak ko din kasi bumili niyan... kaso di ko pa alam kung magkano... para alam ko kung magkano isi-save ko sa sweldo ko... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is better to check the gunstore in ur area for accurate pricing sir . Do you have other options other than the ARMSCO pistol ? It is not how much you want to save , it is how much you want to spend . Hehehe does SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 ring a bell ? Bang for the buck pistol !

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast