Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The American empire is falling with the dollar

Oh crap...

I did not expect all this would go out of proportion. Please don't resort to character assasination. :mrgreen:

It does not help serve the purpose of the current discussion.

But anyway, you have to give US a credit too. They made great strides in economics, hell it even looks like they invented it. The rockefellers were one of the few proponents of this present energy(oil) economy model we have of today. (Thanks to the standard oil company, but mind you it was not successful without its scandals and misdemeanors - but this is another story)

Some of J. Rockefellers philanthropic contributions to the development of the educational system of the US helped develop the US as it is today, and this also includes the science of economics. Maybe they also have influence on US policy, which really makes them the elite of the elite.

ha, and i thought i sound more like Maher then Colbert.... anyhow

All the US jesters like Maher, steward and Colbert, mostly prey on internal stuff i don't really care about. Like the fact that paris hilton is breaking news, wire tapping, refusing sick poor children health care, US armed forces in the middle east, roberto Gonzales, Creationism in Schools, pro life anti life, etc. That stuff doesn't "gear my groins", it merely amuses me, after all, it only affects the people living in the US (and the countries the US invaded). The very first time i was upset by US policy was when it told the Kyoto dudes to go screw themselves (yes.. im not that old.. or i'd probably bitch about vietnam or panama or what ever), since US jobs are more important than green house gases, even though you produce one forth of it. Then the fiasco at the U.N. in which the US government went like "screw you guys, im goin home" when the UN told them not to invade Saddam. And the most recent thing is the fact that US policy found a way to cheat the Geneva Convention and that it shouldn't apply only because you label some people as enemy combatants instead of POW. To me, that is barbaric and wrong and i also think the Geneva Convention is a credit to the entire Human race.

These are just some of the issues i have with your government and I know none of these affect my every day life (except when i travel by plane) , but it's enough to distrust and dislike your nations ambitions. Again.. me no hate, me just no like. Since i'm obviously a lefty , i understand how my opinions just seem to mimic the left wing clowns of comedy central, but it is still my opinion after all

And as for beacon of Democracy, you got to think about that title like you think about those WWF belts in these wrestling shows (of which some wankers still don't believe they are fake), only because you were the champ in the past, you are not the champ of it forever, in my humble opinion your neighbors to the north, currently seem by far more democratic then you dudes do, well even France does imho. Don't forget what that guy on the 100 dollar bill said "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." *cough cough* patriot act *cough cough*

But you're right when you claim that the world is better off with the US. It's just you make it quite obvious to the world that your administrations claims about spreading democracy in the world is nothing but a cloak for the pursuit of American self-interests.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

@MAD ... Aside from hozen implying I had no business to be here because I don't paint a rosy Philippine picture, this discussion has been enjoyable and civil.

@ mad

nah it wasn't because he didn't paint a rosy picture, it was because he so quickly turned condescending, when someone attacked his beloved nation, and that he was very happy to quickly generalize all people to be inept to properly run a democracy.

but hey.. he's right though, this thread is rather entertaining... not as much fun as a full blown evolution vs ID flame festival though, but still enough to start a good day hehe

[img width=500 height=350]http://www.cagle.com/news/Dollar07/images/rogers.gif[/img]

maybe this is because of the expenses of the US sa mga gubat nga ilang giapilan!

yup...grabe man sd au the US mu da ug expenses

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

chek this out...

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
    $1.47 billion per day since September 29, 2006!

asa pud sila mangutang?

9.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123