Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Blog Entries

before have...but not anymore this time...

is it possible to make some GUI games in python just like in java and c# ?

ning attempt ko tuon python but been bz naman with other things wala ko ka continue.

Learning from Examples: python

Quote Originally Posted by manick View Post
    is it possible to make some GUI games in python just like in java and c# ?
    It's possible. See here pygame - python game development .

Quote Originally Posted by cold_fusion View Post
    It's possible. See here pygame - python game development .
    cool but whats pygame btw another version of python?

and btw i have
    Core Python Programming & wxPython in Action
    and was wondering are these good books to start learning python

No. Its a python module/library for making games.

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

and btw i have
    Core Python Programming & wxPython in Action
    and was wondering are these good books to start learning python
    I recommend Python 2.3.5 although the latest is Python 2.3.7 for this series/release but they don't have binary package for windows (but you can get the source release)... you can download the Python 2.3.5 http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.5/Python-2.3.5.exe

however, you can read the changes made in 2.3.7, just in case you are doing production job http://python.org/download/releases/2.3.7/NEWS.txt but not that big issue....

Then later on or maybe you want to start directly using PythonWin (which comes with a new IDE) rather than using IDLE (IDE from original Python 2.3.5)... PythonWin (includes a new set of modules for windows programming/networking stuff), SourceForge.net: Files choose the "pywin32-212.win32-py2.5.exe"

I think that's all you need to learn about Python, before you will go learning about python GUI using Wxpython (which I recommend too) although I find quick and easy using Tkinker just don't let yourself on hurry... instead enjoy your time learning python programming...

I recommend Alex Martelli and Mark Lutz books... they are so active in mailing list.... they are the best authors who can deliver great teachings... at the moment, Alex seat perhaps 2/3 seats away from Guido at google's office.... you can also visit alex martelli sites and read about his blog...

that's all for tonight...lol a bit sleepy now.....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCuering View Post
    I recommend Python 2.3.5 although the latest is Python 2.3.7 for this series/release but they don't have binary package for windows (but you can get the source release)... you can download the Python 2.3.5 http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.5/Python-2.3.5.exe

however, you can read the changes made in 2.3.7, just in case you are doing production job http://python.org/download/releases/2.3.7/NEWS.txt but not that big issue....

Then later on or maybe you want to start directly using PythonWin (which comes with a new IDE) rather than using IDLE (IDE from original Python 2.3.5)... PythonWin (includes a new set of modules for windows programming/networking stuff), SourceForge.net: Files choose the "pywin32-212.win32-py2.5.exe"

I think that's all you need to learn about Python, before you will go learning about python GUI using Wxpython (which I recommend too) although I find quick and easy using Tkinker just don't let yourself on hurry... instead enjoy your time learning python programming...

I recommend Alex Martelli and Mark Lutz books... they are so active in mailing list.... they are the best authors who can deliver great teachings... at the moment, Alex seat perhaps 2/3 seats away from Guido at google's office.... you can also visit alex martelli sites and read about his blog...

that's all for tonight...lol a bit sleepy now.....
    ah thank you sir for the heads up can give me title of the books? and im using python 2.6 now and reading core python just starting out and still exploring hehe

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    Alex Martelli

Python in a Nutshell, by Alex Martelli
    Python Cookbook, edited by Alex Martelli and David Ascher

Mark Lutz

Learning Python, 3rd Edition (October 2007, O'Reilly)
    Programming Python, 3rd Edition(August 2006, O'Reilly)
    Python Pocket Reference, 3rd Edition (February 2005, O'Reilly)

My Personal choice,

"Python in a Nutshell" and
    "Learning Python" or "Programming Python"

Thank you sir

do you use any text editor? like if you don't wan to to program from the terminal?
    Last edited by manick; 11-29-2008 at 10:02 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast