Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No-homework

Default No-homework

MANILA, Philippines — Schoolchildren need not burn the midnight oil for class assignments, according to two bills at the House of Representatives that propose a no-homework policy from kindergarten to high school.

No more homework means more quality time at home, said the lawmakers who sponsored the separate measures.
    Full Story

Your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    kahayahay! kami sauna posposan pa man ug hard bound na libro sa ulo kung walay assignment. thats means ni enter na jud ta sa age of laziness mosamot kabugo ang bata ky d na magtoon, kinsa gahimo ani nga bill? ky atong ilukot ipasok sa iyang lobot hunahunaa daghan kaayo tag holiday sa pinas wala py labot sa mga unexpected calamity unsaon na lang?

Naglibog na dyod ko nanu i-pamper ug maau ang mga bata karon. Dili naman karon pareho sauna na dapat pa mag basa ug balikx2 sa libro para lng maka answer ug assignment. Google search lng dali na kaau makit.an ang mga answer. Quality time gusto nila? Ang ending mga batan.on mag netflix, mag laag or magduwa ug mobile games.

Daghan paman gani kaau ron mag "study out" kuno.

Blog Entries
    kanang magtudlo ta sa atong anak para sa iyang assignment quality time naman na.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONOCIETY View Post
    kanang magtudlo ta sa atong anak para sa iyang assignment quality time naman na.
    exactly !!!!

the government is slowly turning our kids into criminals, criminals protected by law. it might be an exaggerated word ( criminal ) but it's already happening now, we have the RA 9344 which said that ages 15 to 18 can't be put to prison.

Lahi naman ang panahon karon ug dili pasabot nga kung unsay naandan nato sauna mao gihapon ang sakto and applicable karon.

Mas maayo pud guro i consider nato kung effective ba gyud ang homework para sa mga grade school students up to high school.
    Here's a link presenting pro's and cons sa homework for students. https://www.procon.org/headline.php?headlineID=005411

Dili man pud pasabot nga if wala nagbuhat homework, wala gatuon kay pwede man attentive ang studyante during class hours. I for one did my homework sauna sa library after classes or during break time kay naa koy resources at hand esp if homeworks involve research. Ig abot sa balay, relax nako, tanaw2x nalang ghostfighters, dragon ballz, flame of recca, etc.

Also, consider lang pud ang modern family structure where busy working ang both parents sa bata. Dili nata pariha sa old image of a working class husband and housewife with kids type of family. Naay mga working parents wala nay time to help tutor their kids tungod sa kabusy or working night shifts, etc.

Article says kindergarten to highschool, but I'm in favor nga walay homework ang kindergarten/elementary schools only. Mas better i dedicate ang spare time to building good character and core values kay bata pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    Lahi naman ang panahon karon ug dili pasabot nga kung unsay naandan nato sauna mao gihapon ang sakto and applicable karon.

Mas maayo pud guro i consider nato kung effective ba gyud ang homework para sa mga grade school students up to high school.
    Here's a link presenting pro's and cons sa homework for students. https://www.procon.org/headline.php?headlineID=005411

Dili man pud pasabot nga if wala nagbuhat homework, wala gatuon kay pwede man attentive ang studyante during class hours. I for one did my homework sauna sa library after classes or during break time kay naa koy resources at hand esp if homeworks involve research. Ig abot sa balay, relax nako, tanaw2x nalang ghostfighters, dragon ballz, flame of recca, etc.

Also, consider lang pud ang modern family structure where busy working ang both parents sa bata. Dili nata pariha sa old image of a working class husband and housewife with kids type of family. Naay mga working parents wala nay time to help tutor their kids tungod sa kabusy or working night shifts, etc.

Article says kindergarten to highschool, but I'm in favor nga walay homework ang kindergarten/elementary schools only. Mas better i dedicate ang spare time to building good character and core values kay bata pa.

i agree with you. but what's stupid about all this is why do they have to make it into a law. it's still on the bill stage, up for deliberation and approval, but what has gotten into our law makers that they're even composing this bill.

the point of a homework is not to make you smart, but it's the discipline.
    Last edited by marius; 08-27-2019 at 06:24 PM.

ang maayo sundon kay Japanese curriculum..first few years are for home responsibilities/GMRC/etc..
    murag wa nay tahod ning mga bata rong panahona..nihit naka makadungog ug 'mayng gabii, noy/nang'..hasta 'salamat' ug 'palihug', lisud na kaayo..

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post

I beg to differ. Other schools sa gawas, first world countries still have homeworks. Heck, even Japan still has them. And hagbay ra gani sila anang system na both parents are working.

Quote Originally Posted by obelisk View Post
    I beg to differ. Other schools sa gawas, first world countries still have homeworks. Heck, even Japan still has them. And hagbay ra gani sila anang system na both parents are working.
    Families from first world countries can afford to send their children to cram school where they can continue to work on their homework with guidance, regardless of parents being there. Yeah, even Japan has tons of homework for their students but at a cost.
    Suicide is the leading cause of death among their youth and school pressure is a factor.

Finland on the other hand has lessened the amount of homework on their students and increased holidays yet they still rank as 6th in Math and Science. That's something to consider.

Still, I think dili sakto we keep comparing ourselves to other countries kay mu matter pud ang culture and mentality sa society per country. Filipinos in general are laid back with that "pwede na yan" attitude but at the same time can be very hardworking given the right motivation.

Kani nga bill mahug ra guro nig trial and error if maka improve ba gyud. Sa article kay wala pud gi focus ang education but ang family bonding and recreation time. I was hoping they put effort into researching for an approach where education is just as prioritized as family time. How do you improve the quality of education without sacrificing quality family time and right amount of rest and recreation? We need an approach that's specially catered for Filipinos.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast