Default Baking tips, hacks, and secrets

I've been exposed to baking since May 2016 and I find it really therapeutic.

While I already know some basic baking principles, I must admit that I need to gain more knowledge about it.

To all my fellow bakers, hope you could share in this thread some useful tips, hacks, and secrets (if possible) about baking please! 😊

Here's mine:

1) To make chewy cookies, use bread flour instead of all purpose
    2) To make moist red velvet cupcakes, use buttermilk, which is a mixture of milk and vinegar

Big thanksss! 😊

Nice thread ni sis. Mao ni sa ako nahibaw-an. Although I know pud siguro dghan na nakahibaw ani basta bakers haha

1. You can substitute buttermilk with Yakult. 1:1 ratio
    2. To make chocolate cakes much more "chocolatier", add coffee.
    3. Using coconut oil instead of butter in cookies will give it a much more "coconut" taste and smell, mas motam-is pud gamay.

mao pa ni ako naremember for now. haha

I love red velvet-anything. Thank you for this!

Quote Originally Posted by swapai View Post
    Nice thread ni sis. Mao ni sa ako nahibaw-an. Although I know pud siguro dghan na nakahibaw ani basta bakers haha

1. You can substitute buttermilk with Yakult. 1:1 ratio
    2. To make chocolate cakes much more "chocolatier", add coffee.
    3. Using coconut oil instead of butter in cookies will give it a much more "coconut" taste and smell, mas motam-is pud gamay.

mao pa ni ako naremember for now. haha
    Hi Sis! Really? Yakult can serve as an alternative for buttermilk? That's very interesting and I must try that soon!

Agree on coffee making chocolate cakes taste more chocholatey! In my recipe, I use a cup of freshly brewed coffee, but inaantay ko muna mag-rest to room temperature before I put in the mixture. ��

Haven't tried using coconut oil, puro unsalted butter pa lang ako, will try that also!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pink_skies View Post
    I love red velvet-anything. Thank you for this!
    You're welcome! Now you know why red velvets are moist and yummy! It's because of vinegar or any acid substitute like lemon, calamansi, or dayap added to the recipe. ��

- - - Updated - - -

One more tip pa pala! Make sure all your ingredients are in room temperature (not hot, not warm, not cold) before you mix everything together. Makes it easier to bake. ��

Hello, fellow baker! I'm glad you find baking enjoyable and relaxing. I want to share some easy food tips with you:

Use ingredients at room temperature: Before baking, make sure your butter, eggs, and dairy products are not too cold or hot. This helps your baked goods turn out smoother and more even.

Sift dry ingredients: Before adding flour, baking powder, or cocoa powder, sift them. This gets rid of lumps and makes your treats lighter and fluffier.

Don't mix too much: When combining wet and dry ingredients, don't mix too long. Mixing too much can make your baked goods tough and heavy. Mix just enough for better results.

Use parchment paper or silicone mats: Line your baking pans with parchment paper or silicone mats. This stops things from sticking and makes cleaning easier.

Try different leavening agents: Baking powder and baking soda affect how your treats rise and feel. Experiment with amounts to get different textures and flavors.

Add flavor with extracts: Use vanilla, almond, or other extracts to make your treats taste great. Start with a little and adjust to your liking.

Test with a toothpick: To check if cakes or cupcakes are fully baked, put a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, they're done!

Let it cool: Before adding frosting or decorations, let your treats cool completely. This keeps the frosting from melting or falling off.

Measure accurately: Baking is like a science, so measure carefully. Use measuring cups and spoons for consistent results.

Get creative with decorations: Try different toppings, fillings, and garnishes to make your treats look even more delicious and attractive.

Enjoy your baking adventure! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Happy baking! 😊🧁🍪

Quote Originally Posted by shewholovesthebeach View Post
    I've been exposed to baking since May 2016 and I find it really therapeutic.

While I already know some basic baking principles, I must admit that I need to gain more knowledge about it.

To all my fellow bakers, hope you could share in this thread some useful tips, hacks, and secrets (if possible) about baking please! 😊

Here's mine:

1) To make chewy cookies, use bread flour instead of all purpose
    2) To make moist red velvet cupcakes, use buttermilk, which is a mixture of milk and vinegar

Big thanksss! 😊
    Hi, thanks for the tips, you are a good cook.

7.    Advertisement