Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Travel Guide: Cebu to Iloilo (Land Trip)

There's a lot of option to take going to Iloilo.

1. Direct Flight via Cebupacific Cebu - Iloilo.
    2. Ferries like Cokaliong and Tans-Asia, which takes 12 hours or more ETA.
    3. Land Trip or Trip cutting via Bacolod City.

Let's talk about the 3rd option

Who doesn't want an adventure?, First I've set my itinerary on what route to take. There are four ways to get to Bacolod City.

1. Ceres via Don Salvador
    2. Ceres via Escalante (Tabuelan route)
    3. Ceres via Canlaon
    4. Ceres via Mabinay

There are 2 shortest route to take via Don Salvador and via Escalante, since I've been to Bacolod City way way back college and now I'll be taking the via Escalante route because Don Salvador route has a very nice view of nature but kinda scary seeing how deep could a bus fall and there are a lot of Dead Spots/No Service.

I've took the bus Thursday 11:30PM bound for Bacolod City via Escalante (Tabuelan) and paid almost 300 pesos. Travel time is about an hour and 40 minutes. This time there's another fee for boarding the ferry of about 130 pesos, travel time took 3 hours and 10 minutes.

Arrived at Barcelona Port(Negros) at 4:20AM and travelling to Bacolod City which the Bus driver ETA is 6:00AM. There's a lot of nice view taking Escalante route and Arriving to Bacolod Ceres Terminal talked to some locals which is the best way to a Port going for Iloilo. I don't seem to understand some of their dialect/language which I've only got Jeepney going to market or Taxi and cheap. Ohh by the way I've been talking with them in Tagalog so it would make sense rather speaking to them in Cebuano(language barrier).

I've decided to take a jeepney and do some side trips going to Vergie's and Merzci's pasalubong. by the way jeepney cost only 7 pesos and I went off just near the market and walk a lil bit. Tips to locate pasalubong stores is to use waze or google map app and since I am at Bacolod City why not get some chow with their famous chicken inasal at Aida's which is mouth watery, delicious and worth the hype for only 88 pesos with plain rice Also, not to mention its close to Bacolod port going to Iloilo.

What's really great about an adventure is where you can meet some fellow travelers and you can get some advice in which they're from Cebu as well and given me some tips to avoid Sikad(Padyak) or Tricycle if your destination is not so called "walking distance" They highly suggest to take a taxi because few Sikad or Tricycle drivers will charge you insanely 300 pesos for just a 2.6KM away while taxi cost about 60-80 pesos only.

There's 3 transportation going to Iloilo which is Weesam Express (2 Hours), SuperCat (1hr & 30mins) and FastCat (1hr & 30mins). Few things you'll need to check is the departure time, SuperCat is 7:15AM while FastCat is 7:30AM. They cost just the same for Regular is about 206 pesos, Tourist is 233 pesos and Business class is 375 pesos. I've choose the Tourist for it's AC(Air-conditioned).

Arrived at Iloilo port by 8:52AM, There's 2 option for transportation via Iloilo Port going to your destination which Jeepney and Taxi. since it is my first time to be in Iloilo no other choice going to La Paz(Gaisano) where I can eat the famous La Paz Batchoy at Deco's is to take a taxi but surprisingly just only paid 86 pesos.

For a place to stay, I wanted to get a room with Urban Inn but sad to say all of the rooms are fully booked but! quick thinking checked online for nice hotels just nearby then I saw The Grand Dame Hotel which is fair enough 1,900 pesos for a King size bed with Hot&Cold bath, 32inch Cable TV, Good Wifi and a nice view of the town ( I would recommend the 7th floor rooms ).

For dinner went out to Pyts Grilled and Seafood Restaurant, Ordered Grilled Pork, Pancit Molo, Garlic Buttered Shrimp and etc. Paid about 800+ pesos and totally worth it by the way . If I would do an audit for my expenses from fare to dinner in Iloilo it would be about almost 4,000 Pesos.

(Will update my post later on)
    Last edited by Negsz; 04-24-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    nice pwede kuyog sunod?? hahaha :P

Hi Negsz!Thanks for sharing your experience. What a really nice feelings if you share your experience to everybody noh? That is why, this is my time to share to you and to everyone about sa experience ko. Here's the lists of my travel destination experience https://www.ecomparemo.com/info/4-de...vel-insurance/

Blog Entries
    Thanks ani @negz very helpful. I'll be traveling to Iloilo soon. Do you have a full list of ferry/fast craft schedules from BCD to ILO? Thanks!

@Peenut sorry for the late reply boss.

here is the scheds for Bacolod - Iloilo fast craft. I would recommend FastCat or 2GO kay bisag lagyo2 sila ug gap sa waiting time mag dungan ra gihapon ug abot.

Ocean Jet

2GO - It's just less 30mins waiting time from Ocean Jet.

FastCat

We also planned such a trip to Iloilo. However, the coronavirus changed our plans and we had to stay at home(( Last year my husband and I went to Iloilo and remained very delighted. We spent more than a month there and then went home to my parents in the UK. By the way I was very surprised when I found out that Glasgow has such a great service as timesafetravel.com. It seems to me that for the first time we didn't have to wait half an hour for a taxi in the rain( the British will understand me) and most importantly we finally had a taxi driver who knows the city well and found our home without our help. We were very surprised, because the street where we live is in a rather confusing area.

If you go by rail, you will be able to observe and enjoy the countryside's tranquil beauty and pleasant surroundings as you pass through. This is an excellent approach to gain a sense of the terrain and natural surroundings. Flying over 30,000 feet above the view, which must be witnessed for a deep feeling, makes this nearly impossible. Moreover, the Philippines is so beautiful, so taking the train will end you as an excellent travel experience. Just make sure always to check the train schedule .

Thank you for sharing your experience, I think I can go next year to Iloilo . Because of the coronavirus, we had to cancel the trip. We wanted to go somewhere, it was unbearable to sit at home. It was always the same, we wanted some variety. So we decided to go to Kaunas. This city is very close to us, and we had never been there. We read our Ką veikti Kaune guide and went to the most beautiful places. What was my surprise when the streets were empty, there were no tourists because of the pandemic. Now this town has remained in my heart as one of the most relaxed and at the same time cheerful.

I miss traveling and salamat kaayo sa guide.

Planning to visit Iloilo soon.

1. If magdala og car, naa ra ba safe parking area where you can leave the car if mu adto og Isla de Gigantes?
    2. From Tabuelan to Bacolod, every day ba ang byahi sa barko nga maka karga sa sakyanan pa Negros?

Thank you.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast