Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Deism

Default Hello Deism

For a few years now, my religious view has shifted from being devout to somewhat apathetic. I don't hate my then firmly held faith, as opposing to the norm when people change their religious views. kana bitaw bag-o na convert ug lain nga pagtuo and mura nag si kinsang sweto mu daot sa ilang gibiyaang pagtuo...Lol
    in fact, I still hold almost the same level of respect to its doctrines and teachings especially on how they were defined through the course of time since its inception. however, I could no longer see myself as adherent as I should be or how I was then to that faith.
    I've always believed that every religious view has some hints of truth in them and as for me, I am leaning towards deism.

Deism - belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.

This thread's discussion is intended for people who used to believe in the existence of a personal god but now believes otherwise. istorya pawala sa kalaay..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    Deism - belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.
    Cool!

So you reject the Bible, you reject the Church, you reject Miracles, and Religious Mysteries?

So what is your basis why you believed that God Exist?

i am a Pantheist...i believe in different types of panties.....

Blog Entries
    I hold the same view, but I would rather be called agnostic.

- - - Updated - - -

what are the different types bro?

Quote Originally Posted by luci_morningstar View Post

So you reject the Bible, you reject the Church, you reject Miracles, and Religious Mysteries?
    No actual, real-life, scientific and historical basis either—all anecdotal based on feelings.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    This thread's discussion is intended for people who used to believe in the existence of a personal god but now believes otherwise. istorya pawala sa kalaay..hehe
    Hi TS,

nice mode for pawala sa kalaay and would like to participate. bit before i do, can i ask what a personal god is defined as?

thanks in advance.=)

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    No actual, real-life, scientific and historical basis either—all anecdotal based on feelings.

Anyway, doesn't matter.
    Real basis, scientific basis for what? God?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kar_26 View Post
    Hi TS,

nice mode for pawala sa kalaay and would like to participate. bit before i do, can i ask what a personal god is defined as?

thanks in advance.=)
    Akoy tubag

What he means by Personal God is the God in the Bible. That God created Us because he Loves Us, God always interact with us and we need to have a relationship with God in order for us to be with GOD. Personal Savior God.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kar_26 View Post
    Hi TS,

thanks in advance.=)
    What he meant by personal god is that god who concerns himself with the action and destiny of human race.

hope dili ma-close nga thread..
    agnostic here but will probably move to pantheism same as @THE KID. so this is the reason avon is still going strong..

Thanks @luci_morningstar

On topic, Sharing where i am at in this journey that includes faith.

i've been a seeker most of my life from being a catholic to a born again christian and thought by then i have known my god and realized much later (after 2 years) that i still do not know my god. and certain experiences made me take a step back , and further back as the years progress and realized: he is still a god, but is he personal? not sure. is he my saviour? (yes) , does he interact with me? (yes all the time), does god love me? (i bet he does, i know it) but i am not able to still comprehend until now, why he would allow really bad, sad, despicable, unfair things to happen to any one. i know i cannot see the bigger picture and there may be value in all these suffering, pero: i do not see why it has to be in a way that makes me question him 80% of the time.

the explanations i get from my christian faith did not make sense to me. so i stepped back and still seeking =)

nawala akong kalaay (gamay!)

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast