Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Hello Deism

Quote Originally Posted by tsunade View Post
    prehas ra bitaw na sa imong BIBLE.

daghan na kaayo kag pasakay, wala gihapon nimo gitubag akong panguta..

mas illusion imong BIBLE.
    Nope! totally wrong, we can verify a lot of things in the Bible Physically, Mentally, Emotionally BY OUR OWN not only by reading it - as what the Blind Atheist are doing with their belief.

I can summarize some of it for you, but i dont think you have the mental capacity to digest it because you only know how to read not to think.

And Why would i waste my time explaining to you about the Validity of a Bible verse when you dont even believe whats on it is REAL. You see, CONTEXT is the most important aspect of question and answer. We need to have a BASE point in order to start the conversation. If you dont believe in GOD, theres no Point arguing about a verse inspired by HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by RayGunz View Post
    i maybe be partly correct that Deist believes there is God, in their own personal illusion.. this is so RESPECTABLE

and that religious believers think that there is God through someone else's illusion.. sounds soo HORRIBLE... believing in someone elses's illusion is even worse than insanity.... well, congrats to these kind of people, they do belong where they rightfully should be...
    How about reading someones Experiment result and then accepting it as an Ultimate truth because other people said so even though you did not personally Verified it as TRUTH - and then telling others you're a Genius for Blindly following it?

Quote Originally Posted by luci_morningstar View Post
    How about reading someones Experiment result and then accepting it as an Ultimate truth because other people said so even though you did not personally Verified it as TRUTH - and then telling others you're a Genius for Blindly following it?
    Deist don't need any experiment or truth searching. sorry, but it seems you are out of tune in this particular topic. Congrats!

Nope! totally wrong, we can verify a lot of things in the Bible Physically, Mentally, Emotionally BY OUR OWN not only by reading it - as what the Blind Atheist are doing with their belief.

I can summarize some of it for you, but i dont think you have the mental capacity to digest it because you only know how to read not to think.

And Why would i waste my time explaining to you about the Validity of a Bible verse when you dont even believe whats on it is REAL. You see, CONTEXT is the most important aspect of question and answer. We need to have a BASE point in order to start the conversation. If you dont believe in GOD, theres no Point arguing about a verse inspired by HIM.
    ahahaha. Very convincing and verifiable like the earth is 6 thousand years old. clap2x

i just want to tell you that, i am referring to creationist/flatearthers, are you?.
    Flat Earth Scriptures – Flat Earth Doctrine
    goodness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    Jesus claimed to be the only Son of God and rose from the dead. He used the Tanakh not the Quran. We have the teachings of his disciples who through the confirmation of the miracles proved to be sent by God. The thousands of martyrs who follow Christ to the death rejoicing in the hope that they have in Him is not enough? The problem that I see here is the Romans 1 problem. It's not the lack of evidence or knowledge but the suppression of it.
    We're focusing so much on Christianity here. But still I wanna go back what is the authority of the bible? How can you prove to us that the bible is absolute? That the God of the bible is the true god, not the god of the hindus, or the god of the muslims?

No we agree on the central teaching about God. Basically the bible is a compilation of writings written by about 40 different authors in a span of 1500 years with a coherent teaching. The Jews had their Tanakh as Scripture and Jesus taught and read it in the Synagogues. We add the writings of the Apostles(27 books) in the NT. I think it would be best that you study how the bible came to be and the authority and inspiration of the bible. Lots of materials online.
    No, I'm not interested really in the bible bro. I think even it's compilation and different versions have been influence by politics and protecting the church rather than the truth.

By changes you're referring to? If you're saying change in meaning, no they don't. We have copies of copies of copies that testify to that. There are errors but its typographical and very minimal. Scholars use a method called textual criticism to determine these errors. The books of the bible has the most number of manuscripts that we have for ancient literature.
    Ok, The Catholic bible is tarnished by politics just to protect the wrong teachings. If one denomination can do this so as the others. That even in a church itself there is that division. It is human nature. So if that is acceptable to god then maybe he can give chance to those unbeliever who does good.

God bestows it to anyone whom He is pleased to bestow it. He said I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. You can't require or demand it from God. You don't receive grace by believing and following Christ because grace is, by definition, undeserved favor. If by believing and following you receive something that's no longer grace because you received it by virtue of your merit(believing and following). Sa ako na giingon mao na basically ang idea sa religion of works but in Christianity it's not works but grace. It is by grace that you believe and follow. Faith and repentance is consequential to grace not grace as a consequence to faith and repentance.
    So christ dying on the cross is pointless? If God the father can save whoever he wants to save then what's the point of christ shedding blood to cover sins? So you mean those who believe and follow christ have grace? So in the end God has already selected those whom he will save. That's why I can't accept the idea of eternal condemnation. It's a very selfish and naive idea.

I don't believe believe my God exist because I FEEL God exist, though as unfortunate as it is I won't deny some Christians use this as "proof". As I said above si Jesus ang nakalahi. My faith rests on the claims of Jesus and this truth is watered by the blood of Saints. No one would be willing to die for something that they know is not true. That is for sure.
    Yeah thats my point, try to look at the bigger picture. You're willing to die for your religion. There are muslims willing to die for theirs. There are hindus willing to die for their beliefs and the jews and etc. Why are they willing to die for their religion? I think it's not just about the feeling. The same thing happens to every religion and that is they can feel the power of their God. If these religions claim the truth then who is the ultimate truth?

Blog Entries
    The BIGGEST problem with so Called Intelligent KUNU nga mga Athiest is THEIR KNOWLEDGE JUST CAME FROM READING

And then when they USE the info that they Read, it seems they DID something to VERIFY it

You cant VERIFY EVOLUTION BY READING , You Cant Verify BIG BANG by READING

Worst, they think they are the same Level as those scientists that did the actual Experimentation of the Theories they Blindly Follow.
    It is not blindly following bro. I am not an atheist but i'm agnostic. You see bro, its not about following something blindly when you want to study cosmological theories. They are base on proven recurring behavior of the universe itself. Established into laws of physics. It is a direction that has many possible conclusions. The problem was that people tend to read only the possible outcomes of the theory and brag about it as if they are absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan James View Post
    We're focusing so much on Christianity here. But still I wanna go back what is the authority of the bible? How can you prove to us that the bible is absolute? That the God of the bible is the true god, not the god of the hindus, or the god of the muslims?
    I think I already answered this and I pointed to the uniqueness of the bible

No, I'm not interested really in the bible bro. I think even it's compilation and different versions have been influence by politics and protecting the church rather than the truth.
    Why do you think so?

Ok, The Catholic bible is tarnished by politics just to protect the wrong teachings. If one denomination can do this so as the others. That even in a church itself there is that division. It is human nature. So if that is acceptable to god then maybe he can give chance to those unbeliever who does good.
    These are not acceptable to God that's why theses people, if they will not repent, will give an account on judgment day. There is no one who does good. That is also one of the unique teachings of the bible. All other religions teach that man can do good in and of himself. The bible teach that man cannot do good in and of himself, it must come from outside of man.

So christ dying on the cross is pointless? If God the father can save whoever he wants to save then what's the point of christ shedding blood to cover sins? So you mean those who believe and follow christ have grace? So in the end God has already selected those whom he will save. That's why I can't accept the idea of eternal condemnation. It's a very selfish and naive idea.
    It's not pointless, that's how man is redeemed. That's the payment of his sins. The atonement, the appeasement of the wrath of God on man because of his sins. Why can't you accept it? Why can't you accept justice? How is it selfish and naive?

Yeah thats my point, try to look at the bigger picture. You're willing to die for your religion. There are muslims willing to die for theirs. There are hindus willing to die for their beliefs and the jews and etc. Why are they willing to die for their religion? I think it's not just about the feeling. The same thing happens to every religion and that is they can feel the power of their God. If these religions claim the truth then who is the ultimate truth?
    The circumstance of Islam's expansion is different than that of the Christian expansion. While Islam spread through conquest, Christianity spread despite the persecution. In early days of Christianity being a Christian is a sure way to be killed or to have your property confiscated and become a prisoner. No man would join a group that's going to get him and his family killed or thrown into prison unless he can verify the testimony around the that group's claims. There were other movements in those days. After their founder died their followers dispersed and the movement disappeared. The opposite happened to Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan James View Post
    It is not blindly following bro. I am not an atheist but i'm agnostic. You see bro, its not about following something blindly when you want to study cosmological theories. They are base on proven recurring behavior of the universe itself. Established into laws of physics. It is a direction that has many possible conclusions. The problem was that people tend to read only the possible outcomes of the theory and brag about it as if they are absolute.
    Let me put it in a Much simpler terms.

BIG BANG is a COSMOLOGICAL theory that needs Physical Experimentation to actually prove it.
    Now, what do call when someone Accepts that Theory Based on some peoples accounts? some peoples findings? without actually doing any experiments?
    isn't it accepting blindly?

If say to you ive been to SM yesterday and you believed it without verify if im actually there - isnt it blindly following what i say?

Quote Originally Posted by RayGunz View Post
    Deist don't need any experiment or truth searching. sorry, but it seems you are out of tune in this particular topic. Congrats!
    Apparently the scientist who you Blindly Follow ACTUALLY did a lot of experiments to PROVE there theories.

But hey, Blind followers like you dont need to do that, right?

- - - Updated - - -

ahahaha. Very convincing and verifiable like the earth is 6 thousand years old. clap2x
    I said a Lot of things, Not ALL

Showing your Low IQ level again.

11.    Advertisement