Thread: Copra Trade

Default Copra Trade

I’d been noticing a decline of price or a downtrend of copra since the first month of 2017 from a peak level of 54 or 55/Kilo (Region . I did some due diligence - recorded the prices from 2011 up to current on a daily basis and created a chart from those values. I highlighted the bottom and peak levels, study the trends bisan limited lang ang time frame. The main reason I created this thread is to learn more about this business since we also sell copra to bigger players with machinery and huge bodega. There are existing thread related to this, but we’ll focus the discussion on buying and selling (of course how to profit). We have a small coconut farm in our province sa leyte, ginagmay lang jud but I want to engage in buying/hoarding tell the price peak or high enough before nako e-sell. I don’t worry about the location kay dako man me og area. Can anyone esp with this type of business share your thoughts, experiences and advises.

Let me share to you the bottom and peak levels (For Region 8 only example but related lang tanan ang trend)

Peak: May of 2011 at 53/Kilo and January and February of 2017 at 54.25/Kilo

Bottom: November of 2012 at 15.5/Kilo, March and April of 2013 at 16.5/Kilo, August of 2014 at 26.5/Kilo, August of 2015 at 26.05/Kilo and June 28 of 2018 at 26.1/Kilo

As an aspiring vegetable grower and as an owner of 2 commodity-oriented lobs,
    I'd say this is classic supply/demand issue. Nothing controversial out of this. It's the
    same pertinent issue rice farmers worry about.

OT:

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    ... as an owner of 2 commodity-oriented lobs....
    Boss Maam, if you don't mind me asking... unsa na'ng LOB?
    And how do ordinary pipol like me can get those here sa atoa?

Salamat.

PS: PM'ed you as well.

-- sorry for the OT Boss @spectrespook --
    Last edited by jackdi; 07-09-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    As an aspiring vegetable grower and as an owner of 2 commodity-oriented lobs,
    I'd say this is classic supply/demand issue. Nothing controversial out of this. It's the
    same pertinent issue rice farmers worry about.
    Thanks for sharing madam..when you consider this as a classic supply/demand issue - can you please elaborate.

Is the current demand of copra low, because the price is decreasing?..while other goods/commodities prices are increasing. Even those products that uses coconut oil. Murag dihado kaayo me mga copra farmers nga ginagmay.

Boss @jackdi no problem boss..

paita lage ron panahon ang palit sa amoa tag 10 pesos ang hilaw so mga 20 to 25 ang loto nag lisud nami ky wla nay mo copras or motrabaho ky barato naman lang suhol

wla pd namalit ug botong

Quote Originally Posted by boylaang View Post
    paita lage ron panahon ang palit sa amoa tag 10 pesos ang hilaw so mga 20 to 25 ang loto nag lisud nami ky wla nay mo copras or motrabaho ky barato naman lang suhol

wla pd namalit ug botong
    Asa dapita inyo boss? Sa amo province pud wala na kaayo na maligya tungod sa presyo. Ang current price nga 26/K mao ni ang price nga nag consolidate from August 2014 to August 2015, but in an up trend from Nov 2012 at 15.5/K to February 2017 at 54.25/K (Peak). After that, nag start na og downtrend. (Data example is from Region .

Nindot unta naa maka share nga karaang trader aning copra deri.

Kana virgin coconut oil Asa mana gikan?

Quote Originally Posted by cheaptech View Post
    Kana virgin coconut oil Asa mana gikan?
    basin wala na kay na virginan na guro, first blood gyud.

9.    Advertisement