Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default The unpopular Bible Verses (no arguments, just read!) Theists not welcomed unless you havent read the whole bible.

This thread will be dedicated to other non feel-good bible verses. Aren't you just tired of hearing good bible verses over and over again? Let's post bible verses that questions how divinely inspired it really is. There will be no entertaining of arguments since it will cause problems with the admin; therefore, only non theists can interpret the posted bible verses. Theists, if this thread is somehow offensive to you, then just don't open the thread. For those who will be contributing, do not insult or use foul language unnecessarily when doing your interpretations.

1.The Test for an Unfaithful Wife

NUMBERS 5:11-30 NIV

"11 Then the LORD said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest.

He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing. 16 “ ‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the LORD. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the LORD, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” “ ‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.” 23 “ ‘The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water. 24 He shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering will enter her. 25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the LORD and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water.

27 If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. 28 If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children. 29 “ ‘This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and makes herself impure while married to her husband, 30 or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the LORD and is to apply this entire law to her.
    "

Interpretation/Comments:

Basically, if a man merely suspects that his wife is being unfaithful, the wife will have no choice but to be subjected to a barbaric interrogation by the priest and be made to drink cursed water whose effect would a.) if she was unfaithful then she will abort the conceived fetus and be cursed, or b.) if she was not unfaithful, then she can still bear children.
    In the spirit of fairness, God should have placed guidelines on how men should be subjected to when their wives suspects their fidelity. Oh wait, God is fair, but he forgot about the side of the women, so this makes him unfair. God of fairness is unfair in this particular instance. And that's how his perfectness is shattered.

About the life of the unborn? Are all lives precious?not to God! Giving a possible abortifacient water just to satisfy the curiosity of the man on his wife's faithfulness? Are there really no other better ways of doing this without endangering , if ever, the unborn child? Is it because the child is a product of sin therefore it is okay to die? Somehow this contradicts the All Loving God persona.

I am so happy waking up everyday knowing that I am not living the Dark Ages of the past when ROMAN CATHOLICISM was the prevailing world tyrant. I would not want my wife to subjected to the rules of by insanely inspired "Good Book."

2. Abraham Tested

22 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”

“Here I am,” he replied.

2 Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”

3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.”

6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?”

“Yes, my son?” Abraham replied.

“The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”

8 Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together.

9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!”

“Here I am,” he replied.

12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”

19 Then Abraham returned to his servants, and they set off together for Beersheba. And Abraham stayed in Beersheba.

Interpretations/Comments:

There are many modern examples of infanticide or parricide due to voices in the head telling them to. Wouldnt this be the same with Abrahams case? And what a cruel test by an ALL Loving God! No wonder many "holy men" are assholes, their big boss is such a dick. First of all, God is omniscient. Why need the test? Second, Abraham and Sarah struggled to have a child and finally when they did, God decided to put that child's life at risk. If you are Abraham and this happen to you, would you really consider that the voice telling you to do such a thing is a voice from an all loving being? Or more likely you are just hallucinating?

This reading is about faith, Abraham would rather burn his child for the satisfaction of God. Let's imagine that God did exist and this happens, abraham has been talking to him, doing things according to his will, and did not disobey him ever. Is God that insecure? For an All powerful being, he seems like a wimpy douchebag. Are you familiar with that one particular needy friend that no one other than you wants to talk to because he is so toxic because everything is only about him and when you talk to other people he gets jealous? That is basically God. Maybe that's why we can barely read His words in the NT, change image. Let JC change his image. But Jesus Christ is the worse of the two.

So is this an atheists interpretation of the christian bible?

Ergo, this thread is a bible sharing/study for atheists. Isn't that hilarious?

hahaha! kabuang ani oi. atheist gani ka ayaw og pagbasa bible og ayaw pagstudy ana para ra nas mga magtotoo. unsay kapuslanan basa kag bible unya dili ka believer.sige ka rag pangcritics samot kag kabuang ana.ahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by necrotic freak View Post
    So is this an atheists interpretation of the christian bible?

Ergo, this thread is a bible sharing/study for atheists. Isn't that hilarious?
    Why would it be hilarious? Have you read the Bible cover to cover? I did, and it made me an unbeliever .

Quote Originally Posted by WengIA View Post
    hahaha! kabuang ani oi. atheist gani ka ayaw og pagbasa bible og ayaw pagstudy ana para ra nas mga magtotoo. unsay kapuslanan basa kag bible unya dili ka believer.sige ka rag pangcritics samot kag kabuang ana.ahahah!
    Condescending tone from a pressumably theists who failed to follow the rules of the thread. Have you read the entire Bible? If you are an RC, most probably you barely read anything in the Bible. I was a believer, then read the entire Bible slowly before becoming a skeptic. From this point, you will no longer be entertained. You can actually just stay out and not comment if you think this thread is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    Why would it be hilarious? Have you read the Bible cover to cover? I did, and it made me an unbeliever .
    Because you read and interpret the Holy Bible WITHOUT the guidance of the Holy Spirit, that is why it made you an unbeliever

However, if you'll pray to the Holy Spirit first before reading an understand the Holy Bible cover to cover, I am 100% sure you'll become a better person free of hatred and confusion.

But our Creator gave us the gift FREE WILL, So padayon nalang sa imong gusto boss nga mag bible sharing mo diri mga non theists.

Ezekiel 23:20 New International Version (NIV)

20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and
    whose emission was like that of horses

Interpretation: Guys with large d!cks actually did exist and gangbang was the norm.

edit: Im a print this bible verse as a sticker and stick it on places where people can read it.
    Last edited by brownie; 01-10-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by necrotic freak View Post
    Because you read and interpret the Holy Bible WITHOUT the guidance of the Holy Spirit, that is why it made you an unbeliever

However, if you'll pray to the Holy Spirit first before reading an understand the Holy Bible cover to cover, I am 100% sure you'll become a better person free of hatred and confusion.

But our Creator gave us the gift FREE WILL, So padayon nalang sa imong gusto boss nga mag bible sharing mo diri mga non theists.
    It's nice that you have the guidance of the holy spirit and be blind to what is the obvious... Though it doesn't seem to help your condescending tone, I reckon the holy spirit doesn't contribute much to being a decent human being with an example such as you.

Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    It's nice that you have the guidance of the holy spirit and be blind to what is the obvious... Though it doesn't seem to help your condescending tone, I reckon the holy spirit doesn't contribute much to being a decent human being with an example such as you.
    Padayon sa inyong bible sharing dinhi, God bless ninyo tanan.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast