Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

3. LEVITICUS 21:16-23 NIV

16 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles.

21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’”

Interpretation/Comments:

It seems the all loving God discriminates against handicapped people. How many people are born with congenital defects? How many did God create among these people? Well, presumably He created everyone. So God created handicapped people (because He moves in mysterious ways...) and then discriminates against them as if it's their fault. What a just and loving God indeed.

People might defend this reading by saying it only applies to Aaron's lineage since he was serving as a high priest. Well, that doesn't in anyway erase the discrimination towards the handicapped. Praise the Lord anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by necrotic freak View Post
    Because you read and interpret the Holy Bible WITHOUT the guidance of the Holy Spirit, that is why it made you an unbeliever

However, if you'll pray to the Holy Spirit first before reading an understand the Holy Bible cover to cover, I am 100% sure you'll become a better person free of hatred and confusion.

But our Creator gave us the gift FREE WILL, So padayon nalang sa imong gusto boss nga mag bible sharing mo diri mga non theists.
    wa koy lain ikasulti kundi same ra gihapon ni brod..unsay kapuslanan.? kadakong binuang..tel me TS kung motuo ka sa bible og motoo ka sa among giialang Ginoo nga si Jesus Christ..ayaw pag minaayo.ana ra simple as that..gets?

Quote Originally Posted by WengIA View Post
    wa koy lain ikasulti kundi same ra gihapon ni brod..unsay kapuslanan.? kadakong binuang..tel me TS kung motuo ka sa bible og motoo ka sa among giialang Ginoo nga si Jesus Christ..ayaw pag minaayo.ana ra simple as that..gets?
    This is not your thread, gets? I have my reasons why I'm doing this and you can't order me what to do. Just read other threads that's unlike this. May your holy spirit make you a decent person.

ang purp0se ni TS for creating this thread is just simple self-justification, self reassurance and nangita cyag somebody na mo agree niya...that's it..hehe.

paday0 lg ni-agi ra ko kay top1 sa new posts...hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    This is not your thread, gets? I have my reasons why I'm doing this and you can't order me what to do. Just read other threads that's unlike this. May your holy spirit make you a decent person.
    unya ngano mag quote2x man sad ka sa among bible nga holy scripture man na? kay sa aning thread nga imong gibuhat ha? paila lang jdu ka nga nagpinamaayo ka..mura pod kag maayo nga bunulok ra man ning imong syle..

Quote Originally Posted by silentnuker View Post
    ang purp0se ni TS for creating this thread is just simple self-justification, self reassurance and nangita cyag somebody na mo agree niya...that's it..hehe.

paday0 lg ni-agi ra ko kay top1 sa new posts...hahaha.
    ..right....

4. PSALM 137:9 NIV

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

Interpretation/Comments: Brutal. Just brutal. The reading is from a context on a spirit of revenge towards Babylon. But still, smashing babies is just next level brutality. Let's consider that Babylon has wronged them, but the infants are surely innocent of the wrongs of their fathers, right? Reading this just makes me puke.

I wonder how any sane person would respond to this.

The first reading is taken from Psalm 137:9, "happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks..." The word of the Lord, respond?

Praise..be..to...god?

if I search google for counter enterpretations TS, I'd find tons of them. I'm pretty sure any religious here would be able to give any sort of interpretation that would challenge yours..examples would be reading in context, executing justice, blah blah blah..
    question is, why should I take your interpretation as Truth?
    and what is your purpose in creating this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    if I search google for counter enterpretations TS, I'd find tons of them. I'm pretty sure any religious here would be able to give any sort of interpretation that would challenge yours..examples would be reading in context, executing justice, blah blah blah..
    question is, why should I take your interpretation as Truth?
    and what is your purpose in creating this thread?
    Google away. I dont intend to engage in any arguments with theists, because things tend to become personal. The primary intention is just presenting biblical verses that are often unfamiliar with theists and non theists alike. I dont think anyone should take my interpretations as truth, its my opinion afterall. What is its true interpretation? Multiple sects of christianity have their respective takes on the Bible. So the interpretation of these theists are as invalid as mine, if that is what you want to imply. Or as valid as mine. I was a theist by the way. I defended the bible here in istorya.net ages ago.. Maybe my "conscience" is trying to make amends of the wrongs I did in the past...defending the Bible. If you are a theist, then just read the postings and do not engage in arguments or ignore the thread.

I know there are people with doubts growing inside them and just need some push to finally decide enough is enough with the Bible bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    Google away. I dont intend to engage in any arguments with theists, because things tend to become personal.
    The primary intention is just presenting biblical verses that are often unfamiliar with theists and non theists alike.
    i don't think that people who believe in the bible are unfamiliar with the verses you posted but they rather have a different understanding than yours..di diay na pwede ug lahi2x lang tag pagtuo?
    I dont think anyone should take my interpretations as truth, its my opinion afterall. What is its true interpretation? Multiple sects of christianity have their respective takes on the Bible. So the interpretation of these theists are as invalid as mine, if that is what you want to imply. Or as valid as mine. I was a theist by the way. I defended the bible here in istorya.net ages ago.. Maybe my "conscience" is trying to make amends of the wrongs I did in the past...defending the Bible. If you are a theist, then just read the postings and do not engage in arguments or ignore the thread.

I know there are people with doubts growing inside them and just need some push to finally decide enough is enough with the Bible bullshit.
    yep i googled and found lots of counter interpretations..though i don't agree and believe in some if not most of them as well but they are far more better and logical(no pun intended, just my opinion) than yours. you're interpreting the verses out of context which then makes them misleading and shallow. i'm not arguing with you TS ha, i'm just giving my opinion.
    and also if you're really not trying to engage in arguments from theists or win over agnostics and struggling theists, you may wanna loose the asshole attitude..
    as a self-professed former bible apologetic, for sure you know that faith is personal. so god, the bible and the whole parade is personal for theists and you're trashing it right in their faces. now does your conscience permit that too?
    'cause if you turn out to become an asshole after you've embraced atheism then with all due resepect let me tell you right now TS, atheism doesn't suit you.
    Last edited by noy; 01-11-2018 at 02:24 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast