Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well, I live in the city but hoping I'd live in a provincial place instead but with a bit more commercialized plaza. Would love to have fresh and clean air instead of pollution.

i live in the city. jones avenue area to be specific. no complaints here. born and raised in this place since the 70s. rarely have traffic. only in the afternoon but for a short time only near fuente circle. i can't imagine myself living far from the city. everytime i go to mandaue all the way to north area for a site inspection is a torture. grabe traffic. so to answer the question, no, i will not be happy living outside cebu city. bintaha pa sa south area kay naay srp. traffic lang ni karun coz of the underpass. after that, ok na south. but north area, forget about it. irony is, traffic going out of the city is worse than the city center itself. especially mandaue going to north area.

Blog Entries
    ..i miss the pollution..

Quote Originally Posted by reminok View Post
    In practice, this means that you already have a home in which you can live completely free and have your own family. Those who decide to live separately from their parents or move to a new place after receiving an invitation to work are faced with the problem of the high cost of housing in the city. This applies to both rental and purchase. This is one of the reasons why I chose life outside the city.

I have a small garden and this is something that I could never have in the city, right?)) The next bonus is the ability to change the house as you wish. I like to do something with my own hands or find interesting options on the Internet like this - https://glassartstories.com/ By the way, life in the country provides more opportunities for a hobby. As I said, I like to create something with my own hands - drawing, glass, wood products. My past neighbors would complain about the noise or the smell of paint - it's 100%

There are downsides to this too. This is the road to work. Here I can only advise you to optimize your work day. I personally reduced my presence in the office to 3 days a week, for two more days I work remotely.
    fyi:
    1. i do not live with my parents anymore. the house where i grew up and where i currently reside is under my name already. i bought this property from my parents and sister out from my own pocket para di sila maka ingon "dawat kog limpyo".

2. if you think country life for you is good, then so be it. good luck.

depende. if you're a country mouse, especially one who loves gardening, then getting a home far from the city is a good choice. buno-on lang jud nimo ang traffic if sige ka city-bound. but if you can avoid constant traveling to the city, better. if you're someone who is used to the city din, then being in a quieter place will be a major adjustment.

i'm a nature person, so having a place far from the city is a bliss.

i have a coworker who lives in Brgy. Bonbon, Cebu City, mountain barangay na siya on the transcentral highway di pa ka kaabot sa sirao

pros - free aircon, grabe ka bugnaw, peaceful, one with nature, very green, kalma kaau imong pamuyo didto pwede pa ka maka garden2x

cons - distance from city (around 30 minutes motor to JY), pero if you have your own car or motor no problem ra man kay way traffic sa transcentral since it's a mountain highway

Born and raised in Cebu sad ko. AKung family are all fro the city since my great great grand parents. Old family of Cebu.
    I never tried living in the country side. Pero ganahan ko mo try. And also, I have a reason to own a car and drive it for work going to city.
    So i guess mag dependi ra gyud kn unsay reason ngano unsa maka happy living in the far far away sa city. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_kristy View Post
    i have a coworker who lives in Brgy. Bonbon, Cebu City, mountain barangay na siya on the transcentral highway di pa ka kaabot sa sirao

pros - free aircon, grabe ka bugnaw, peaceful, one with nature, very green, kalma kaau imong pamuyo didto pwede pa ka maka garden2x

cons - distance from city (around 30 minutes motor to JY), pero if you have your own car or motor no problem ra man kay way traffic sa transcentral since it's a mountain highway
    Question... dili ra kuyaw if ting uwan diha dapita? Never been there before but my wife is eyeing a lot there since dool ra sa ilang ancestral home diha Fiesta Maracas area. I mean mas bintaha sa ilaha padung Bonbon kaysa diri namo nga sa Liloan. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    depende. if you're a country mouse, especially one who loves gardening, then getting a home far from the city is a good choice. buno-on lang jud nimo ang traffic if sige ka city-bound. but if you can avoid constant traveling to the city, better. if you're someone who is used to the city din, then being in a quieter place will be a major adjustment.

i'm a nature person, so having a place far from the city is a bliss.
    both have it's positives and negatives.

in the city the girls are liberated, in the country side, there's a lot of innocent girls ................. ooooppss. lahi man naa sa akong utok hahahahahha.

seriously though. the city of cebu of the late 90s and early 2000s. that was the ideal set up for me. urbanized but not so much that we can still enjoy being in and around the city. but now, 2017 and upwards. cebu is dead. yes, we can see a lot of progress, high rises everywhere, but it's too crowded, traffic is hell, no need to smoke cigars coz ti's free with the pollution. all you can do nowadays is to fool yourself that cebu is still a wonderful place.

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Question... dili ra kuyaw if ting uwan diha dapita? Never been there before but my wife is eyeing a lot there since dool ra sa ilang ancestral home diha Fiesta Maracas area. I mean mas bintaha sa ilaha padung Bonbon kaysa diri namo nga sa Liloan. hehe
    depends where exactly kay taas man gud na nga area diha - Lahug - Busay - Malubog - Babag - Bonbon. Generally bakilid jud siya nga lugar, most houses nga naa kilid sa highway have very long foundation beneath them

from experience, most areas nga mag landslide kay didto na sa part sa Balamban like Gaas, pero next level naman pud gud ang ka habog dira nga area ui, you can literally touch the sky chos

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast