Blog Entries

Default The Crown (Netflix)

The Crown is a biographical drama television series, created and written by Peter Morgan and produced by Left Bank Pictures and Sony Pictures Television for Netflix. The show is a biographical story about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. The first season covers the period from her marriage to Philip, Duke of Edinburgh in 1947 to the disintegration of her sister Princess Margaret's engagement to Peter Townsend in 1955. A second season has been commissioned, which is intended to cover the Suez Crisis in 1956 through the retirement of the Queen's third Prime Minister, Harold Macmillan, in 1963 following the Profumo affair political scandal.

The Crown evolved out of Morgan's 2006 film The Queen and 2013 stage play The Audience. The series is intended to last 60 episodes over six seasons, with 10 one-hour episodes per season, covering the Queen's entire life, and with new actors being cast every two seasons. Claire Foy portrays the Queen in the first two seasons, alongside Matt Smith as Prince Philip and Vanessa Kirby as Princess Margaret. Filming for the series takes place at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, with location shooting at various locations throughout the United Kingdom.

The entire first season was released on Netflix on November 4, 2016, with the second scheduled to be released on December 8, 2017. The Crown has received overwhelmingly positive reception, with critics praising cast performances, direction, writing, cinematography, production values, and the relatively accurate historical accounts of Queen Elizabeth's reign.

Update for season2: 'The Crown' Season 2 Plot News, Release Date: Creator Peter Morgan Previews Struggles in Elizabeth and Philip's Marriage

Watched the first season. Good cast, good writing but Elizabeth is not as interesting as Victoria.

Wa kaayoy focus ni Elizabeth sa first few episodes sa season 2. Mas interesting pa ang ubang tawo kay sa ni Elizabeth.

Adjust napud ta ani kay next season lain nag nawong si Elizabeth.

I watched the first two seasons and Claire Foy is indeed amazing!!! Looking forward to the next. Although, Claire, Matt and Vanessa won't be there - the show goes on!

True! I want them to stay but I appreciate the series trying to be as “authentic” as possible. At the very least, Claire’s performance didn’t go unnoticed, I’m glad she won Best Actress sa recent Golden Globe Awards. Love her!

"The crown must always win."

8.    Advertisement