Default globe broadband wifi router

Hi Istoryans,

Good Day.

I've observed that when I'm at the second floor of our house, the strength of my globe broadband wifi router is on 2nd bar only. I'm planning to replace my existing globe broadband wifi router to any commercially available routers in the market such as netgear or linksys to extend the distance of my wifi coverage in the house. Do you have any recommendations? Thank you and have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by j2shoppesweet View Post
    Hi Istoryans,

Good Day.

I've observed that when I'm at the second floor of our house, the strength of my globe broadband wifi router is on 2nd bar only. I'm planning to replace my existing globe broadband wifi router to any commercially available routers in the market such as netgear or linksys to extend the distance of my wifi coverage in the house. Do you have any recommendations? Thank you and have a great day.
    If you really want to extend your signal throughout your house, I would recommend repeating your wireless signal BUT DEFINITELY not by the use of WIRELESS REPEATERS, what I mean is putting multiple wireless routers on different parts of the house and then connect them via ethernet cables, (you can do this via Seamless WiFi Roaming)
    -> detailed way on how you can do this: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/1ekq6g/seamless_wifi_over_multiple_routers/ca17bek/

I would advice against buying a highend router (imo) since it wouldn't really help if you have many obstructions in your house, like thick walls or limited placement of the router.

This is noted. Thank you so much!

depende sa imo purpose ug materials sa inyo balay
    1. kung hilig ka realtime nga online games.. dili advisable ang repeater
    2. suwayi nang mga directional AP(kasasgaran ani kai kusog ug signal), imo ra i connect sa LAN port sa imo router

gamiti lang na ug broadpand power line bai. naa to sauna namaligya diri...

Quote Originally Posted by masakiton View Post
    depende sa imo purpose ug materials sa inyo balay
    2. suwayi nang mga directional AP(kasasgaran ani kai kusog ug signal), imo ra i connect sa LAN port sa imo router
    ing ani sir? https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WA...00E8BWQPE?th=1

Quote Originally Posted by j2shoppesweet View Post
    yes.. ingon ana

actually overall WiFi (or any wireless tech like LTE/3G/WiMax) is never advisable for gaming due to interference and other physical obstructions that could cause a spike in latency 5Ghz Wifi will help on interference but not so much (or it may not even improve at all) on physical obstructions like walls, Wired connection is always the best option for latency.

salamat kau sa inyo mga feedback mga sir. All noted inyo mga feedback. I'll let you know how it goes. Happy New Year.

10.    Advertisement