Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MeMing View Post
    Same with regular 40 hour jobs really.

Basta if you want to go into this, please take note to include calculating your gov't required benefits and pension/retirement funds that you would be getting if you are a professional working for a reliable industry because all of this is not covered in online freelancing
    I have to agree with you again. Ugh. Decisions, decions.

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama92 View Post
    local clients or international?
    Both. And what would you suggest sa payout? Yung less hassle? Thanks!~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellodani View Post
    Connections is one way to start in freelancing. I suggest you join groups in Facebook. There are a lot.
    hellodani, can you suggest groups in Facebook to which I could join? Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aquinoelliot91 View Post
    Di mo naman kailangan ng malaking projects agad. Start small. Build your reputation. Create connections. Hone your skills. Let your work speak for you. Lastly, and more importantly, choose the best card to get your payout. Naks! Hope this helps!
    Thank you for your tips, @aquinoelliot91 What card are you using to get your payout though? And why is it that important? Thank you!

I used to recommend online freelancing to everybody since 2008. After nearly a decade, I won't anymore. Unless you can play this game at a level beyond yourself (create your own agency, make it a business).

If you are a professional, say an engineer, stay with 1 company for say 10 years and go for early retirement and you get paid at least 1M to stop working. As a freelancer, when you stop working, you start dying.

As a professional employee, the longer you stay in 1 company, generally, the harder it will be for that company to get rid of you. The more indispensable you will become. As a freelancer, your just like a sl*t who keeps grinding your way to the next project regardless if your a newbie, or a veteran. If your grind isn't what your customers are looking for anymore, you are disposed of accordingly in a heartbeat.

Sure being an online freelancer can start you off on a higher pay faster than a regular full time work but it won't last. There are billions in India that you are going to compete after no matter how good you are, your rate will stop at a certain price point. Doesn't work like that when you are on a regular professional work although for sure the latter also has its own challenges.
    Hi, Meming! Thank you for sharing your tips and insights! It has made sense to me. I think freelancing is a good choice if you're the type of person that wants control over your time and is not comfortable enough to have a boss. I know a few friends who are like that.

The time of work reason is what I find the most valid. Especially for stay at home moms this is definitely something for them.

Mag-umpisa muna sa maliit na projects. Build your reputation sa freelancing world. Importante din yung hassle-free na payout transaction. Actually yun yung una kong tinatanong whenever I have a project dati when I was freelancing pa.

I used to recommend online freelancing to everybody since 2008. After nearly a decade, I won't anymore. Unless you can play this game at a level beyond yourself (create your own agency, make it a business).

If you are a professional, say an engineer, stay with 1 company for say 10 years and go for early retirement and you get paid at least 1M to stop working. As a freelancer, when you stop working, you start dying.

As a professional employee, the longer you stay in 1 company, generally, the harder it will be for that company to get rid of you. The more indispensable you will become. As a freelancer, your just like a sl*t who keeps grinding your way to the next project regardless if your a newbie, or a veteran. If your grind isn't what your customers are looking for anymore, you are disposed of accordingly in a heartbeat.

Sure being an online freelancer can start you off on a higher pay faster than a regular full time work but it won't last. There are billions in India that you are going to compete after no matter how good you are, your rate will stop at a certain price point. Doesn't work like that when you are on a regular professional work although for sure the latter also has its own challenges.
    I partially agree. Freelancing here in the Philippines usually means going through third party sites like Upwork etc. But if you get past through these third party folks and be a true freelancer (i say true freelancer when you manage to get these clients yourself, do project management, marketing etc), I think you don't have to go back to the usual 9-5 job. The takeaway here is to invest in yourself by learning new skills, try to productize your service, and like you said, build an agency. More people are now learning how to market/brand themselves (thanks to the Internet); this has fueled the booming gig (freelancing) economy. But yeah, freelancing isn't for everyone. Like @MeMing mentioned, you have to think of it as a business. Plus, you need tons of self-discipline particularly if you're still starting.
    Last edited by chinamorena; 02-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.

sa akoa kay don't stick with one client. naa jud client nga "work for me, only me" unya kung ifire ka niya? unsaon nalang ka? always have a backup client. 2 clients is great kung kaya pa nimo ug di ma affected imong quality sa work.

next, have a back up fund. especially bag-o pa ka. at least kung mawad-an ka client, naa ka money, di ka ma butlog.

mao na ako priority tip. LOL.

Kini buhata bai ay mao ni ako g buhat sa ulitao pa ko. Sayon ra jud ky ni bai

Adto ka sa mga outsourcing na website

Human tan.awon nmu unsai g pangita na service dd2

For example naay company sa website X, na ngita ug graphic artist para sa ilang advertisement

Adto dayon ka sa website Y pangitaon nmu ang service nga ilang g pangita.

Kung available gani. Contaka dayon saboton nmu blah blah blah 😄

Human balik ka dd2 pikas site dawaton nmu ang service nga pangita. Ikaw nai bahalag patong sa presyo.

Mura siyag buy and sell ba 😉

Sa ako experience ky naay tag tag $5 nga service usahay maka genanxa ug $20-30 dpendi ra jud sa diskarti.

Awa ni oh
    A.

B.

P.S. kapoy ka au pangita kwarta sah?
    hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by tamse View Post
    sa akoa kay don't stick with one client. naa jud client nga "work for me, only me" unya kung ifire ka niya? unsaon nalang ka? always have a backup client. 2 clients is great kung kaya pa nimo ug di ma affected imong quality sa work. next, have a back up fund. especially bag-o pa ka. at least kung mawad-an ka client, naa ka money, di ka ma butlog. mao na ako priority tip. LOL.

Thank you for the tips!

10.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12