Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Church and the Drug Problem

Church offers drug rehab for ‘healing, justice’

[QUOTE]

Set up in all the parishes under the Manila Archdiocese, the program offers drug users from the cities of Pasay, Mandaluyong, Makati, San Juan and Manila and their families spiritual formation, counseling, sports, cultural and livelihood training to help in their healing and restoration.
    Economic empowerment

Under the Sanlakbay program, drug surrenderrees and their families can
    undergo three to six months’ counseling and two to three months’ economic empowerment programs to make them financially able.

They will also participate in weekly and monthly sports and cultural programs in their parishes for their physical and creative development. Those requiring six-month to year-long intensive intervention will be given the necessary care in a private pastoral rehabilitation center.
    The Center for Family Ministries, University of Santo Tomas Graduate School Psycho-Trauma, Department of Interior and Local Government, and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency have been tapped to be part of the
    program.

“We seek healing justice, not revenge, because only justice heals. Revenge wounds all the more,” said Tagle in his homily during the Mass at the Manila Cathedral that kicked off the “Sanlakbay para sa Pagbabagong Buhay Program.
    Cities under archdiocese

Police said more than 730,000 drug pushers and users had surrendered under the Oplan Tokhang campaign as of early October. At least 29,000 of these surrenderees were from the cities in the Manila Archdiocese.
    “Are we going to just let them die? Leave them sprawled [on the street]? If we don’t do anything, we will have blood on our hands. So the response of the Church is to help them and be part of their sufferings,” said Fr. Roberto de la Cruz of the Manila Archdiocese Restorative Justice Ministry.
    Giving details of the program at the launch yesterday, De la Cruz said Sanlakbay was a collaborative effort of the Catholic Church, the government and the private sector.
    Restore the sinner

In his homily, Tagle said wrongdoings must be discouraged and eradicated from society but through restorative justice. “When justice is restored, it brings healing not destruction. We restore the sinner, we restore the family and the society by giving the repentant sinners hope,” said the archbishop.
    “In the eyes of the Church, drug addiction and all other forms of addiction are also a spiritual concern… so the response is not giving judgment but helping victims of addiction to know God and surrender to him,” he added.
    Warfare in the heart

“This spiritual warfare within the heart of an addicted person and the relational dimension in the family and community we hope to address through our collaborative efforts so the victims find
    healing and restoration,” Tagle said.

The Catholic Church was one of the first institutions and individuals to raise a voice against the killing of suspected drug users and pushers by the Duterte administration. Over 3,000 suspects have been killed in barely four months.
    [/FONT][/LEFT]
    [/FONT]

url=http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/830185/church-offers-drug-rehab-for-healing-justice#ixzz4NxQ2RaN2]Church offers drug rehab for ‘healing, justice’ | INQUIRER.net[/url]
    URL="http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bSAw-mF-0r4Q-4acwqm_6r&u=inquirerdotnet"]@inquirerdotnet on Twitter[/URL] | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

i hope the church will help the government in its war on drugs. i mean duterte admin is building large rehab centers i hope they contribute. not only the catholic church but also other sects. im sure drug addicts have their own religion to follow too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i hope the church will help the government in its war on drugs. i mean duterte admin is building large rehab centers i hope they contribute. not only the catholic church but also other sects. im sure drug addicts have their own religion to follow too.
    Maayo unta iban-ibanan nila ang ilang Billions nga investments sa dagkong companya bro nga mga listed sa Philippine Stocks Exchange, para i amot pagpahimo ug mga structures para sa mga drug rehabilitation.

Dili kay puro ra misa kahuman panguy0-an na pud ug collection. hehehe

asa na kaha to ang pari karon nga kusog mo latay.....

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    well said.

Maypa dinhi nalang ang Church manghilabot, sa rehab ug healing sa mga adik. Imbes mag sigi sila og panghimantay sa administrasyon.

Naay mansions and nice cars bitaw ning uban pari. Pwde sila mu donate ana para rehab.

Blog Entries
    mura pareha sa bangkok nga naay temple didto na para rehab ra jud mga monks pud ang nag atiman unya naa pa sila detoxication treatment naay ipainum nimo para mosuka ka ang dakong pangutana ana d ba jud kaha na sila mobalik sa bisyo pagkahuman ? ky naa koy kaila nga mao ra man gihapon mura rag gihimong bahay bakasyonan ang rehab unya inig gawas balik nasab hehehehehhe look at mark anthony gikan man jud nag rehab awwww nag adik2x ra ghapon ending result PRISO!

ang maayo ana siguro anang gikan nag rehab inig gawas e relocate na jud na sila sa lugar na wala kaayoy ma kita2x, ky kung mobalik nas lugar kung asa nagsugod awwwww mobalik ra ghapon na e labina masurrounded cya sa environment nga ang mga barkada kusog kaayo molatay my 2 cent lang
    Last edited by DEMONOCIETY; 10-25-2016 at 06:45 AM.

personal choice jud na sa adik ang mag bag o....kai ug mapugos lang na siya pa rehab unya inig gawas niya... makakita japon siya ug bangag.... mas mo grabe na nuon na ka adik.. ako batch sa elem and hi skol.... gi pugos siya ug pa rehab...cge siya ikyas sa rehab center... before makit an nako siya sa eskina.... ako siya ingnon... "Doh ni ikyas napud ka?" mo ingon dayon siya "ayaw saba diha... naa ba ron imo ig agaw sa ilaha? kai mamisita ko" mo sutoy rako og lakaw...hehehe..kai ka dumdum raba ang kahanan sa amu.a... 2 years na karon gikan sa iyang pagkamatay.... ila ingon na overdose sa nubain.... pero ang ingon sa mga adik nga kaila jud niya gi poison siya...kai grabe na daw iyang panghasul sa mga pushers.... RIP doh

Blog Entries
    ^IN diay tirada kung mao na gihatagan tog tambal para lethal IN ky hilo man hahahahaha

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast