Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheaptech View Post
    Aside from pollution

Theft is a concern for these lobster huts.

People can swim underwater during the night and get all the lobsters once it becomes market size....
    That is why most actually live out over the water in their lobster huts as theft is the second biggest problem behind providing proper foods to the lobsters. When the average worth of a single lobster is 1,100php or more, it is a big temptation for thieves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ngitscarlo09 View Post
    good thing sir @jamesmusslewhite for sharing your lobsters.... my aunts business is also the same as yours in surigao del norte... they feed lobsters with sea urchins.. i think both of your set up are the same coz they also live near the sea...
    We have two small huts just outside of Cabunga-an, Dinagat Island and the lobster hatchery I am building is here in Day-asan, Surigao City so you aunt is surel a neighbor.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 10-28-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    That is why most actually live out over the water in their lobster huts as theft is the second biggest problem behind providing proper foods to the lobsters. When the average worth of a single lobster is 1,100php or more, it is a big temptation for thieves.

- - - Updated - - -

We have two small huts just outside of Cabunga-an, Dinagat Island and the lobster hatchery I am building is here in Day-asan, Surigao City so you aunt is surel a neighbor.
    yes they are from san pedro hanigad that's across cantyasay (not so sure bout the spellings tho)

This is video #13 of this series. This series is weekly video updates showing the progress of the facility over the last 7-10 days and serves as a video diary of the construction, procedures and concepts involved in building this project.

https://youtu.be/vygCcS36SGI
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 10-28-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Wow, this is very interesting. Keep posting, James.

what is that on the grill?

The project was put on hold for a couple of months due to the need for ordering materials and labor crew being needed elsewhere, but the rainy season here has been the biggest factor slowing everything to a crawl. The weather will be changing for the better in the weeks to come, all the needed materials are presently being staged over on the mainland and those other projects that has had the work crew occupied are all almost completes; so we should be kicking everything here back into high gear once again. It was nice to have the off-time to relax and do some needed research and catch up on some writing, but we're well rested and ready to seriously attack the remaining tile work needed to finish all the saltwater tanks. Once they are done then the real fun stuff can finally begin.

This is a video I have wanted to do and I finally got around to finishing it today. It is simply some of my rough sketches of the facility and equipment and the finished color drawings. I will be posting videos over the coming weeks that will begin to discuss the drawings shown in this video in more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrC5ciJoVrs&t=4s
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 01-29-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeMing View Post
    what is that on the grill?
    It is a split-pig that has been de-boned and laid out flat on the grill. This style of grill pig allows the meat to be seasoned on both sides and the meat is grilled on both side.

I am sorry that I have not posted to the thread for quite some time. The hatchery is still on hold as we wait for an approved grant to finish processing and funds allocated. I have spent the hatchery down time to work on a couple of small related projects associated to the lobster hatchery. I will be adding two new threads over the next couple of weeks, which I am sure many members will find interesting.

I also have been working on a 3-part Youtube video which covers the topic of Philippine lobster aquaculture in depth. It primarily focuses on the species Panulirus 'ornatus' commonly known as 'tiger lobster' or 'tropical rock lobster' which is perhaps the most prized within the lobster industry and is native to the Philippines. This 3-part video is intended to be a training video allowing those with an interested in in lobster aquaculture to have factual reference material need to gain a working knowledge on lobster aquaculture.

I am happy to announce that I finally completed video #1 of the 3-part series and it is now uploaded onto my Youtube channel. Please feel free to Subscribe, Like, Share or leave a comment. And I am presently working on the second video of this 3-part series and will be uploading soon. And if lobster aquaculture interest you than keep a eye on the forum board as I will be a adding two new threads this week.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast