Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Is it worth moving here -- it depends.

If you have a safe job (also if same thing with your spouse/partner) then it shouldn't be worth it coming here, IMO. Let's say for example you're a nurse: you may have to go back to school for additional courses when you get here regardless of your previous work experience.

If you need more tips/advise, you can PM me.
    Does this mean that being a Registered Nurse in the PH, migrate to Canada and work with minimum wage on a job that isn't even close or related to Nursing may not be worth it?

NO WAY!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dignos_superstar View Post
    Does this mean that being a Registered Nurse in the PH, migrate to Canada and work with minimum wage on a job that isn't even close or related to Nursing may not be worth it?

NO WAY!!!
    In that context, after all the effort in college, working in health-care, and all the savings, the TS will be just ending up being a burger flipper or a general labourer at a minimum wage? The TS should really think carefully about the reasons of coming here before spending his/her savings, it may not be worth it in the end. Your suggested career move doesn't even make sense to begin with.

Your suggested career move doesn't even make sense to begin with.
    Not my career move.
    Did you read the whole thread?

Start here
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/overs...l#post18243097

Is it worth moving here -- it depends.

If you have a safe job (also if same thing with your spouse/partner) then it shouldn't be worth it coming here, IMO. Let's say for example you're a nurse: you may have to go back to school for additional courses when you get here regardless of your previous work experience.

I think the mindset you should have is that you WANT to immigrate to a foreign land not because it's the current trend. It will make you think of the reasons: financial, better life, the allure of "back to zero", and opportunities. If the reason of moving to Canada because of fad, you will not going to embrace the struggle and you won't find happiness and end up going back to the Philippines.

When you get here, try your best to get a UNIONIZED full-time job. They have a higher wage offer than non-unionized workplace and most of them have health, dental, and pension benefits. Plus, they can't simply fire you or lay you off without cause. It's fine to take various jobs from temporary agencies, but then again, it's should be taken for what it is ... temporary.

Get a car. It's a necessity here. You need it to get groceries, shopping, and to go to work. You don't want to do errands on weekends, if not going to work where busses run every 30-45 minutes if they're on time. So, my advice is to get a car as soon as possible.

If you live in a friend or relative's place, always aim to get the hell out after 6-12 months. No matter how great your relationship with this person and his/her family, at some point they'll realize they no longer wishes you (and your family) to stay. Get an apartment or a rent a house.

If you happen to live in a big city because your relative offered you to stay at their place, but when you decide to get out, consider moving out to a smaller city. Toronto and Vancouver have expensive rent and owning a house is close to being impossible.

If you need more tips/advise, you can PM me.
    kini nga post maayo ni mapanaminan sa gustong pang mo adtu ug canada.

walay sugar coating nga abiso.

Quote Originally Posted by adminroot View Post

dili man kay sa/to canada ra na applicable
    ang kamatuoran sa gibat-bat ni bro @FAQ is generally applicable jud sa mga gusto manglangyaw. i think, its a matter of identifying what we really want to achieve and the cost of achieving it

Boss, unsa na agency ni.help nimo to migrate in canada?

Or anyone here know what agency ang makahelp para migrate to canada?

Quote Originally Posted by FranZeno View Post
    When I said 100% coverage, it doesn't mean about the population, it meant the expenses

hhhmmmm..actually there are lots of opportunities here and abroad, it's up to you which one you choose or desire..you can't really compare opportunity and choice..with your examples, it still bolls down to your choice, not opportunity..if you still have the means in order to live then you wouldn't call going abroad and being an OFW an opportunity..

- - - Updated - - -

Agency..delikado kung dili ka mag-agency because anything can go wrong during the process and with the time limit maglisod ka og pangita og lusot or solution, unlike in the agency they can already tell you what to do in an instant if a problem arises

Migrated last 2015, if you're concerned about your savings that will get used up when you move to Canada, don't worry, once you find a good job, dali ra kau mabawi. To give you an idea, when I got a permanent job, tanan namo nagastu nabawi ra in just a few months.

Daghan man trabaho diri, again to give you an idea, up until now, I get 1-2 emails a week from companies, agents, etc. inquiring if I would be interested on their job openings.

But same bisan asa, dili sad tanan nalang sayon ug nindot diri. If your field of work is regulated like nurses, doctors, I think engineers sad, basically anything guro nga naay standard ug board exams, mejo lisud siya kay naa paka bridging studies nga dapat i-take. But they say worth it ra ang sweldo once mahuman nimo ang studies and naa naka work. I think nurses start at like 40-42CAD per hour ba, not 100% sure.

Aside ana, even though daghan kaau ug jobs, in my case, sa akong field of work which is in IT / web development, daghan sila skills needed. In my experience sad, dili same diha sa ato where you can get hired because "pwede na", usually ma-hire ka diri kung fully qualified jud ka.
    Last edited by basikoncept; 03-23-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adminroot View Post

Thanks bro/sis! I don't sugar coat when it comes to helping someone decide to immigrate in this country. This is a extremely serious matter that involves effort, and investment in time and money. I've seen a lot of Filipinos here both coming here by themselves and with their family, they get disappointed with their life here. It's because they were given a FALSE HOPE on what's life in another country.

If one wants to come here to start a new life by themselves or with their family ... CANADA IS THE PERFECT PLACE. If you're a single guy coming to Canada and wants to try dating a Croatian, you'll have a Croatian babe. Trust me, no kidding. If you're here with your wife and kids, and you want your kiddos to be fluent in French, you can put them in a FRENCH IMMERSION SCHOOL at the expense of the public and they'll be able to pretend as a Quebecois in no time.

But beyond the opportunities you can have here, people don't realize it won't come to you on a silver platter. You have to work for it! You WANT a decent apartment without worrying about bed bugs, and you want it close to work, malls, grocery, church, and etc. You WANT a decent car without worrying your engine will be acting up and eventually spend $2k at the repair shop. You WANT good nutrition because good health means not missing your work schedule. Your 8-12 hours work period + weekend OT is going to wear you out and good nutrition is the only way to fight against it. Then one day you'll realized ... your co-worker is paying his/her mortgage ($800-$1200) the same amount that you pay for your apartment, at that point forward, you'll start aiming on getting a house. That's when you're in for the staple of the Canadian dream.

Again, you have to WORK FOR IT. Never settle for less. Be an overachiever, you risked your money and almost everything, might as well be one. Don't stay long at a minimum wage job. IF you need a ball-park, get a job that pays starting at $16/hr. Be that guy I know here who used to work in the finance dept. of San Miguel, he said I worked my way up in that company, so now I'm not afraid on taking the challenge of doing it all over again here in Canada. 3 years later, he got a house with a pool.

Good luck with your immigration processing... if you need any advice or tips feel free to PM me.

Can help to suggest me what's the best agency that can help me migrate to canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonjuls View Post
    Can help to suggest me what's the best agency that can help me migrate to canada?

Can help to suggest you?

Yes

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast