Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Default Mystery Billboard In CICC

Who owns 2nd tarp? Gov. Davide says it has his ‘approval’; Rep. Gwen Garcia hits use of CICC for ‘politcal sloganeering’

A huge yellow tarpaulin was added to the giant streamer “NEVER AGAIN…” draping the front of the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC).

This time it spells out the cost of the building and a scathing commentary: “P840,202, 438.05 MILLION OF PEOLE’S MONEY WASTED!!!” about the centerpiece project of former Cebu Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia built for the 2007 ASEAN Summit.

Who put it up?

Again, the origin and real actors behind the political statement remain a puzzle.

“The group that mounted it will meet me on Wednesday in my office. We’ll let them explain,” said Gov. Hilario Davide III last night by phone.

He admitted that he’s never met the group before but that the “Cebuanos for Good Governance and Development” had “my implicit approval” to modify the banner because they share the same anti-corruption advocacy.

“I told reporters last week when we toured the CICC that it would be good to mention how much was spent for the building. I guess they (the group) took my suggestion,” he told CDN.

Davide said he was told the private group was about to launch an anti-corruption campaign, but he didn’t have details.

Installation of the two-story-high tarps required special access in the CICC compound where guards are posted by the Cebu provincial government.

Cebu Daily News photo editor Tonee Despojo noticed the additional banner yesterday and took a photo.

The new tarp is neatly attached below the first yellow streamer.

Two local experts in the billboard industry told CDN the installation looked “professionally done”.

It would require scaffolds and a team of personnel to haul up very heavy tarps, and stretch it across the 60-foot-wide display with a height of 20 feet.

“Someone from the outdoor advertising industry or construction must have done that. That’s a billboard, not a streamer,” said the source, noting the extra large dimensions.

The business owner was exasperated to see the billboard, saying it raised “ethical questions” about the installation and its provocative political message.

Outdoor advertising is regulated, said the source, requiring permits from the Office of the Building Official and prior submission of designs to the Advertising Standards Council in Manila, including proper identification of the owner — that is, if you are a legitimate operator.

Two weeks earlier on October 26, when reporters asked Governor Davide about the first yellow billboard “NEVER AGAIN….” covering part of the facade of the CICC, he said, “We still don’t know who put it there. We are trying to find out.”

(“Never again” refers to the post-Edsa battlecry not to allow the Philippines to repeat its experience of dictatorship and human rights violations under President Marcos’ martial law regime. The slogan and the color yellow is also identified with the two Aquino administrations of Corazon and son Benigno III.)

Davide’s office later released a letter dated October 26 sent by a group called the Cebuanos for Good Governance and Development signed by Mariel Kay Estrada as lead convenor.

A closer look at the letter shows that it didn’t seek permission from the Capitol to install the billboard, but refers to it as already done.

“To dramatize our sentiments against corruption, we mounted a streamer in Cebu International Convention Center (CICC), an establishment that, as we know, is among the modern monument (sic) tainted with corruption allegations and other anomalies,” read the letter addressed to Provincial Administrator Mark Tolentino.

The organization’s name and that of Mariel Kay Estrada are not familiar to local media outlets, neither is the group an accredited NGO of the province.

Davide, who has called the CICC a “monument of corruption” since his 2013 campaign, said he would keep the tarp there as part of “freedom of speech” and because it jives with his campaign for good governance.

The CICC is the subject of an ongoing Ombudsman investigation.

In 2012, Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales upgraded the fact-finding to a formal investigation of Governor Garcia and six Capitol officials, not for overpricing, but for giving “undue advantage” to a private contractor, WT Construction, for undertaking extra work to finish the CICC without a public bidding.

SLOGANEERING

Rep. Garcia yesterday called the CICC banner “a malicious political ploy to exploit the historical building for their political sloganeering.”

In a statement, she called the governor several names: “Either bakakon , way kalibutan or inutil.” (a liar, clueless or useless.)

“And he said he had no idea who put that up. That new banner shows that the present administration has been lying all along, or is totally inept, or worse, a bunch of fools who are clueless about what’s going on,” she said.

She has repeatedly criticized Davide for “neglect” with his refusal to repair the CICC, after it was damaged during the 2013 Supertyphoon Yolanda and the Cebu earthquake.

“Is he gonna call for an investigation on the second banner, too? I wonder when he will call for an investigation of himself,” she added.

Garcia said the new banner was meant to divert attention from the Capitol’s plan to demolish a “heritage building”, the quake-damaged BAEX annex inside the Capitol compound and build a high-rise structure. (See related story:Gov says consultancy projects ‘above board’)

Her brother Winston, who is challenging Davide for the governorship in 2016, said he wasn’t too bothered about the yellow billboard, and would use the slogan “Never Again” in his own campaign to refer to Governor Davide being an official no Cebuano should vote for again because he hasn’t done much in infrastructure or programs to improve the lives of provincemates.

Source: inquirer.net

haha! si doling ni react kay guilty.

It is really true that the P840,202,438.05 is going to waste and never again should it happen. But the only reason that the P840,202,438.05 is going to waste is because Gov. Junjun Davide refuses to have the CICC fix and use it for the purpose it was intended. Granted that there is an ongoing investigation on whether or not the building is overpriced, nothing has been proven at the moment. All we have are allegations. Granting without, admitting that the building is indeed overpriced, naa guhapon nay value. The overprice, if true, would only be a fraction of the cost of the building so dili jud ang whole cost sa building ang ma waste kung gamiton lang ang building. Mao nay nakabuang sa atong mga politician karong examplified by Davide and Pnoy. davide blames everything on Gwen just like Pnoy blames everything on Pnoy. Gwen and GMA were by no means perfect. They made their mistakes and made their enemies just like any person in authority would. But not everything they did were bad. Why cant't Davide and Pnoy just change their mistakes but acknowledge and continue whatever they did that was good? Maybe because they would not compare well to their predecessors. Hehehe

Nalzaro: CICC should be fixed, maintained | Sun.Star

below is quoted from a certain guy with the alias of bisdak..
    na usab na jud ang tonada ni bobbys sa mga komentaryo sa mga Garcia, mahadlok na sad suspensohon. igo nalang siya pag ingong nga
    "Anyway, the corrupt people behind its construction will pay for their sins in due time. They will definitely be prosecuted because of their wrongdoing. So, we will just wait for judgment day. Magbayad ra gihapon na sila. Dili naman mauli tong kuwarta nga ilang gikawkaw."
    sa una..grabeh ni mo ataki..karon dili na kahimo sa mga Garcia. hahahah..katawa lang ta ani..
    " WALANG KINIKILINGAN, WALANG PINOPROTEKTAHAN" calling Mike Enriquez, please discipline Bobby in his radio program. Masyodang Bias si Bobby and even lahat nga mga anchor nila sa DYSS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yumi_yan View Post
    It is really true that the P840,202,438.05 is going to waste and never again should it happen. But the only reason that the P840,202,438.05 is going to waste is because Gov. Junjun Davide refuses to have the CICC fix and use it for the purpose it was intended. Granted that there is an ongoing investigation on whether or not the building is overpriced, nothing has been proven at the moment. All we have are allegations. Granting without, admitting that the building is indeed overpriced, naa guhapon nay value. The overprice, if true, would only be a fraction of the cost of the building so dili jud ang whole cost sa building ang ma waste kung gamiton lang ang building. Mao nay nakabuang sa atong mga politician karong examplified by Davide and Pnoy. davide blames everything on Gwen just like Pnoy blames everything on Pnoy. Gwen and GMA were by no means perfect. They made their mistakes and made their enemies just like any person in authority would. But not everything they did were bad. Why cant't Davide and Pnoy just change their mistakes but acknowledge and continue whatever they did that was good? Maybe because they would not compare well to their predecessors. Hehehe
    so you'll go for winston?

NEVER AGAIN TO GARCIAS
    Last edited by Synthetic; 11-10-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    Nalzaro: CICC should be fixed, maintained | Sun.Star

below is quoted from a certain guy with the alias of bisdak..
    na usab na jud ang tonada ni bobbys sa mga komentaryo sa mga Garcia, mahadlok na sad suspensohon. igo nalang siya pag ingong nga
    "Anyway, the corrupt people behind its construction will pay for their sins in due time. They will definitely be prosecuted because of their wrongdoing. So, we will just wait for judgment day. Magbayad ra gihapon na sila. Dili naman mauli tong kuwarta nga ilang gikawkaw."
    sa una..grabeh ni mo ataki..karon dili na kahimo sa mga Garcia. hahahah..katawa lang ta ani..
    " WALANG KINIKILINGAN, WALANG PINOPROTEKTAHAN" calling Mike Enriquez, please discipline Bobby in his radio program. Masyodang Bias si Bobby and even lahat nga mga anchor nila sa DYSS.

- - - Updated - - -

so you'll go for winston?

NEVER AGAIN TO GARCIAS
    Winston and Gwen are two different people. If Gwen committed some errors, she should be made accountable for them. No doubt about that. Winston has done nothing wrong in my book. Why be so judgemental of him? I would rather go for someone who has a wealth of ideas and vision because there is a chance he can make it happen. Davide has proven to be lethargic and not his own person. I definitely don't want any more of Davide's kind of leadership so yes, I would go for Winston. In the same way that I would never go for Mar Roxas, because he has proven to be incompetent. I would rather go with someone unproven because at least, there is a chance that he will do great things. I know a lot of people feel that way. Just saying!!!

And, now you are doubting Bobby Nalzaro? The most hard hitting and fearless columnist and radio commentator of this generation? I am sure he will gladly stake his reputation against yours. Just because he does not agree with your point of view, you now criticize him? Hahaha. Mao nay problema sa mga yellow minions. They are all right and the rest of the world is wrong. Davide is stupid for not fixing and utilizing the CICC. It does not matter now whether or not it was overpriced. The is a case pending with the ombudsman. It matters that since it already exists, it can be utilized to help promote Cebu but it has become a white elephant due to politics. That is the worst kinds of politics there is, and these kinds of politicians don't deserve our vote. Sa tinuod lang jud!

Blog Entries
    From what I read lang ha regarding the news reports about CICC and the investigation done with it, it would cost a lot more to fix it since rather than bring it down and build a new and more stable one. Kay currently gabok dyud daw kaau na nga building with substandard materials used. The design itself daw wasn't stable. So its quite confusing for me why they keep pushing to have it fixed. But what do I know right? I juz pay the taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by lstorya View Post
    From what I read lang ha regarding the news reports about CICC and the investigation done with it, it would cost a lot more to fix it since rather than bring it down and build a new and more stable one. Kay currently gabok dyud daw kaau na nga building with substandard materials used. The design itself daw wasn't stable. So its quite confusing for me why they keep pushing to have it fixed. But what do I know right? I juz pay the taxes.
    Murag dili na pud na katuohan imong gi sulti. More expensive to fix than to break down and build a new one? Where did here that story? Either you read wrong, you are not telling the truth or you believe yellow minion propaganda. Like you, i am a faithful taxpayer who is fed up with all the bullshit going on.

Murag dili na pud na katuohan imong gi sulti. More expensive to fix than to break down and build a new one? Where did here that story? Either you read wrong, you are not telling the truth or you believe yellow minion propaganda. Like you, i am a faithful taxpayer who is fed up with all the bullshit going on.
    heheeh.. kaela man kaha kag total loss bosss? ^_^

Kung ang repair cost is duol ra sa orig price di maypa magbuhat og bag o diba? ^_^,..

Winston and Gwen are two different people. If Gwen committed some errors, she should be made accountable for them. No doubt about that. Winston has done nothing wrong in my book. Why be so judgemental of him? I would rather go for someone who has a wealth of ideas and vision because there is a chance he can make it happen. Davide has proven to be lethargic and not his own person. I definitely don't want any more of Davide's kind of leadership so yes, I would go for Winston. In the same way that I would never go for Mar Roxas, because he has proven to be incompetent. I would rather go with someone unproven because at least, there is a chance that he will do great things. I know a lot of people feel that way. Just saying!!!

And, now you are doubting Bobby Nalzaro? The most hard hitting and fearless columnist and radio commentator of this generation? I am sure he will gladly stake his reputation against yours. Just because he does not agree with your point of view, you now criticize him? Hahaha. Mao nay problema sa mga yellow minions. They are all right and the rest of the world is wrong. Davide is stupid for not fixing and utilizing the CICC. It does not matter now whether or not it was overpriced. The is a case pending with the ombudsman. It matters that since it already exists, it can be utilized to help promote Cebu but it has become a white elephant due to politics. That is the worst kinds of politics there is, and these kinds of politicians don't deserve our vote. Sa tinuod lang jud!
    hard hitting? Bobby can't event name the Garcias, hadlok nasad ma suspenso Winston naay vision? Wa ka kahibaw g unsa na niya ang GSIS sa? GSIS pa gani na palpak na, unsa na kaha ug ang tibuok sugbo??

- - - Updated - - -

So you question his side of story? What about yours? is it even true?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30121895 View Post
    heheeh.. kaela man kaha kag total loss bosss? ^_^

Kung ang repair cost is duol ra sa orig price di maypa magbuhat og bag o diba? ^_^,..
    clearly this one doesn't know what that is..

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    Dli jud ni dapat tang-tangon ang Streamer diha hangtod sa election kay ang mga Pnoy ra ba limtanon... Dali kaayo malimot sa kagahapon...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast