Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genies

Default Genies

'Aladdin' Live-Action Prequel in the Works at Disney (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

If you've ever wondered how the Genie got into that lamp in the first place ...
    Disney is going back to the world of Aladdin, its 1992 animated classic, with a live-action prequel.

The studio is developing Genies, a live-action comedy adventure that is being written by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift. Tripp Vinson is on board to produce via his Vinson Films banner.

Aladdin is a centuries-old Arabic folk tale that got the animated Disney treatment in 1992 in a film featuring Robin Williams as the voice of the blue-skinned Genie.

The movie tells the story of Aladdin, a street urchin who finds a lamp that unleashes a Genie who grants him three wishes. A love interest and a sorcerer also figure into the proceedings.

The new project would focus on the realm of the Genies and reveal how Aladdin's Genie ended up enslaved in the lamp.

genie's story. about time they told it on the big screen. i'll make sure to watch this jud.

So, Disney was testing the waters on Genies with OUaT in Wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by geo25 View Post
    So, Disney was testing the waters on Genies with OUaT in Wonderland.
    i didn't know they had genies in there. does this mean testing had + results?

Multiple genies. But the origins need a tweak. Looks to me, that every new character introduced in OUaT is getting a live-action film. Like Disney is using OUaT to raise interests to the projects. But it's mutually beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by geo25 View Post
    Multiple genies. But the origins need a tweak. Looks to me, that every new character introduced in OUaT is getting a live-action film. Like Disney is using OUaT to raise interests to the projects. But it's mutually beneficial.
    multiple? i know only one. tweaking shouldn't be so hard for them, if it comes to that. they can tweak things in their sleep... a series is often a good way to gauge imho... go for equality? hehehe

i think i'll go take a look sa genie. make that multiple genies.

For Equalité?!

Supposedly there are genies everywhere. There was the Genie of Agrabah/Magic Mirror, the 3 cursed brothers above and Will Scarlett.

i just thought mutually beneficial and equality can go hand in hand.

i have no idea ana nila. off to google i go. haha

unsa may color sa genie?? blue??

Quote Originally Posted by makal34 View Post
    unsa may color sa genie?? blue??
    naay morag brown, kanang 3 diha babaw ai. hahaha

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast