Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulan

Default Mulan

On the heels of the magical success of Disney's live-action Cinderella, the studio is eyeing another live-action retelling: Mulan.

Disney bought a script by writing team Elizabeth Martin and Lauren Hynek that centers on the Chinese legend of Hua Mulan, the female warrior who was the main character in Disney's 1998 animated film.

Chris Bender and J.C. Spink (We're the Millers) are producing the new project vie their banner Benderspink with Jake Weiner.

Disney Developing Live-Action 'Mulan' (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

Chinese Stereotyping: The Movie

lels

Fan BingBing for Mulan doe. but they'll probably cast some meh Chinese/Asian American. topkek if they actually casts a White actress.

I need a Chinese actress from China for the lead and a Ming-Na Wen cameo.

Disney's Live-Action 'Mulan' Gets Winter 2018 Release Date | Hollywood Reporter

there's ming-na wen, nga morag dili na puwede kay 52 na.

i like celina jade. she's shado in arrow and she did the handstand.

martial artist na, singer pa. she wouldn't have to lipsynch, if ever. dainty pa jud ug beauty.

Mas maau tingali if dili american dyod or fluent sa english. There is something about the chinese accent when speaking in english na maka help dyod ani.

I'd go for Fan Bing Bing, loved her as Blink. Plus, she's Chinese not Chinese American.

Ming-Na is the original Mulan, @keen. She was the speaking voice.

Blog Entries
    Ghost in the Shell problems, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by geo25 View Post
    I'd go for Fan Bing Bing, loved her as Blink. Plus, she's Chinese not Chinese American.

Ming-Na is the original Mulan, @keen. She was the speaking voice.
    sources say that jade is hong kong-ese. about ming-na wen's mulan, i didn't know who she was at that time. all i could remember was that she had this big, bass-y kind of speaking voice that would then shift to a somewhat more soprano-y one whenever she sang.

there shouldn't be any whitewashing. fans have expressed their dismay when rumors surfaced that someone american would be given the mulan role. it's odd (remember the last airbender?) and really dumb (sorry).
    Last edited by keen; 02-28-2017 at 05:49 AM. Reason: two woulds in a sentence not allowed :D

How about the beautiful Shu Qi? She has this kinda angular face that could kinda manly edge than some chinese actresses. And she's bad-ass. She also looks more youthful than other actresses.

Plus she did 'The Assassin' which won Cannes Best Director 2015.

And can we get Jet Li as one of the generals and Chow Yun Fat as the emperor. Also have Michelle Yeoh and Ming-Na Wen.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast