Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

if she was an atheist, i don't think she'd be writing vampire novels.

she would have been writing science fiction stories, since most science fiction writers are atheists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grovestreet View Post

she would have been writing science fiction stories, since most science fiction writers are atheists.
    OT

dude, regarding the vampire models, she just did.
    if im not mistaken she just made thirteen of em.
    Last edited by makatasawi; 10-21-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: to satisfy houndedbyheaven i place a red OT

Quote Originally Posted by grovestreet View Post

Here's a page in Wikipedia listing atheist authors that include those who do not delve in science fiction. In this list, check out the entry on Pär Lagerkvist, a Swedish author who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1951 and who used religious motifs and figures from the Christian tradition without following the doctrines of the church.

Or check out the entry on the better known Salman Rushdie, an Indian-born British essayist and author of fiction known for his frequent criticism of Islam.

One can be an atheist and write works involving religious themes like in vampire novels.

A few convert or revert to agnosticism, deism or theism though.

Peace.
    Last edited by HoundedbyHeaven; 10-21-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Expanded content.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoundedbyHeaven View Post
    Here's a page in Wikipedia listing atheist authors that include those who do not delve in science fiction. In this list, check out the entry on Pär Lagerkvist, a Swedish author who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1951 and who used religious motifs and figures from the Christian tradition without following the doctrines of the church.

Or check out the entry on the better known Salman Rushdie, an Indian-born British essayist and author of fiction known for his frequent criticism of Islam.

One can be an atheist and write works involving religious themes like in vampire novels.

Peace.
    bai this post is abt anne rice and her book "out of egypt".
    u might want to stay on the topic and not on other authors.theres
    a diffrent thread for that.

om shanti

Quote Originally Posted by makatasawi View Post
    bai this post is abt anne rice and her book "out of egypt".
    u might want to stay on the topic and not on other authors.theres
    a diffrent thread for that.

om shanti
    I think it's still on topic. I am after all defending Rice's choice of writing vampiric novels despite being an atheist back then, as well as defending her conversion now in the last two sentences of my post.

If we restrict ourselves to the topic of the book "Out of Egypt", your post announcing the release of "Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana" is out of topic and grovestreet mentioning the vampire novels would be out of topic too.

Thank you.

Peace.
    Last edited by HoundedbyHeaven; 10-21-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Blog Entries

dude, its the sequel of the first book.its not out of topic. theres even a big possibility
    that it will end up in a trilogy. “The Road to Cana” actually sets itself on the road to Cana, the place where Jesus first miracle is performed, as described in the Gospel of John.

and grovestreet mentioning the vampire novels would be out of topic too.
    -i believe this was a reply to previous post,information handed to a person who doesnt bliv the author has a novel of that kind.i was merely pointing out to the fact that she did.to satisfy you i place myself corrected and place a little red O and T in that post.simple ra kaayu.no need to post any authors, cause again its out of topic.

anne rice an atheist?how can u really tell?nakigsturya mu?
    go ahead and point out her self confessed book.try not reading
    wikipedia mate,not all information there are true.the internet
    and the media just made all these blown out of proportion.
    too much iscm schism mao ni maending.

om shanti

Last edited by makatasawi; 10-21-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by makatasawi View Post
    [color=steelblue] dude, its the sequel of the first book.its not out of topic. theres even a big possibility that it will end up in a trilogy. “The Road to Cana” actually sets itself on the road to Cana, the place where Jesus first miracle is performed, as described in the Gospel of John.
    If we restricted the topic to the book "Out of Egypt" as you've suggested, "The Road to Cana" is out of topic.

-i believe this was a reply to previous post,information handed to a person who doesnt bliv the author has a novel of that kind.i was merely pointing out to the fact that she did.to satisfy you i place myself corrected and place a little red O and T in that post.simple ra kaayu.no need to post any authors, cause again its out of topic.
    I don't think you need to make your corrections, because I believe your responses are still on topic, even more close to the topic than mine, because you did after all mention the name of the author and her works.

anne rice an atheist?how can u really tell?nakigsturya mu?
    Interesting. What was she then if not a former atheist? And how can you really tell she was anything but a former atheist? Nakig-istorya siya nimo?

go ahead and point out her self confessed book.try not reading wikipedia mate,not all information there are true.the internet and the media just made all these blown out of proportion. too much iscm schism mao ni maending.
    She was quoted as saying the following in a report posted in www.kansascity.com | 10/11/2008 | Anne Rice returns to the religion she knew as a child :
    “I stopped talking to God,” Rice recalls. “I went into atheism with almost a religious passion. I believed it was reality; it had to be faced. The church couldn’t have been correct.”
    If you want to prove that this particular report deliberately misquoted her, present evidence to prove that this is indeed another example of "the internet and the media..." having "...blown..." this "...out of proportion...."

Thank you.

Peace.
    Last edited by HoundedbyHeaven; 10-22-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Default now im afraid this conversation is really getting off topic...

If we restricted the topic to the book "Out of Egypt" as you've suggested, "The Road to Cana" is out of topic.
    I don't think you need to make your corrections, because I believe your responses are still on topic, even more close to the topic than mine, because you did after all mention the name of the author and her works.
    Interesting. What was she then if not a former atheist? And how can you really tell she was anything but a former atheist? Nakig-istorya siya nimo?
    She was quoted as saying the following in a report posted in www.kansascity.com | 10/11/2008 | Anne Rice returns to the religion she knew as a child :
    If you want to prove that this particular report deliberately misquoted her, present evidence to prove that this is indeed another example of "the internet and the media..." having "...blown..." this "...out of proportion...."
    Thank you.
    Peace.
    If we restricted the topic to the book "Out of Egypt" as you've suggested,
    "The Road to Cana" is out of topic.
    dude,dnt you know what a trilogy is?

Interesting. What was she then if not a former atheist?And how can you really tell she was anything but a former atheist?Nakig-istorya siya nimo?
    much interesting are the things that you just found online(that was when, oct22 of THIS year).she can say anything that she wants! this is the fun part in what she usually claims as preternatural vagueness..her thoughts re her claimed atheism are backed up by what?

“I stopped talking to God,” Rice recalls.
    “When you lose a child, you’re telling yourself as an atheist, I’m never going to see that child again in any form.”
    tell me, is this a person influenced with theoretical atheism?with the advent of broader philosophies of the 20th century i beg to disagree with u sir, respectfully beg to disagree that she never really was an atheist.a pure, explicit atheist has got the strongest conviction of God's or of any gods nonexistence.

Nonexistence, sir. now she just said she just stopped talking to Him.

What was she then if not a former atheist?
    i honestly dont know, maybe rembrandt reincarnated? thats why i asked u in my last post if u really can tell. again,preternatural vagueness.

actually its not misquoted.u just simply copied, and pasted the information from the another website. which can be so easy.but then again, if u want to have an example of:

evidence to prove that this is indeed another example of "the internet and the media..." having "...blown..." this "...out of proportion...."
    simple. just try to look at yourself at the mirror.

as much as id really would want to expound this i believe it'll be a fascinating crusade for u on your end to create a new thread regarding this topic. because again, im sick and tired of all this ism schism.

om shanti.
    Last edited by makatasawi; 10-22-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Peace.
    OT: i see, sorry for my ignorant comment hehe.
    maybe i generalized it too much since I'm only familiar with the mainstream writers hehe.

peace.

i think i forgot what i was going to post after reading all the argle-bargle.. hehehe. hmmmm... so i guess to not sway from the topic, i'll just say that i want to read the book and i'm hoping to very soon. hopefully sad dili disappointing.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast