Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Letter to the president

Dear Sir,
    With due respect, Sir, I am writing to you about the Mamasapano encounter.
    That unfortunate incident, called variously by others as a massacre, a debacle, or a slaughter, is without a doubt a major event not only in our military or police history but in our country’s history. This may define your presidency and dictate your place in history.
    It’s been several weeks now after the January 25 encounter between the police SAF forces and Muslim fighters. And yet your critics haven’t let up on their attacks against you.
    As you know, these critics comprise a strange mix of leftist party-list congresspeople and political has-beens and clerical critics (critical clergy?) on the opposite side of the ideological spectrum.
    They’ve been able to roil the emotions and anger of the families of the SAF forces killed in Mamasapano. The possibility is not remote that the stirred-up feelings will increase among the populace and get out of hand.
    Things don’t have to get that worse. Things shouldn’t be allowed to get worse.
    I happen to think, Sir, that your people have not been up to the task of preventing things to boil over into a serious situation where more and more of our fellow citizens may come around to the idea that heads, including yours, should roll over the deaths of the 44 gallant SAF operatives.
    Forgive my impertinence, Sir, but the overall response of Malacañang to the crisis has been inadequate. One or two of your information people have risen to defend you but, sorry to say, they’ve been outnumbered and out- “noised” by your detractors.
    Altogether, the efforts from your side, including your allies in the legislature, of the controversy have been weak. And, I might as well be blunt and put my neck on the line, you haven’t helped yourself in explaining your role in the Mamasapano police mission.
    You have done good things in your presidency, which I have noted in past columns. You have taken unprecedented bold moves to make former officials pay for alleged wrongdoing. You’ve put good people in key departments, like DPWH, DOJ, DSWD, and others.
    But, as you know, the people whose toes you’ve trodden on are fighting back, they want to get back at you. And they’re using Mamasapano to exact their revenge. No doubt you know they’re moving, even as (I hope) you’re briefed on this letter of mine, to make you pay for making their lives miserable.
    Your credibility is eroding because of the way the Mamasapano encounter is being handled. It may not be too late for you to save the day.
    Blaming the whole incident on Gen. Getulio Napenas isn’t working. Your explanation may be truthful, but many people aren’t buying it. The public’s mind has been poisoned enough to make people doubt the official explanation.
    And I realize that, by your statements, you are protecting yourself from future legal action. But the people are waiting for a simple, categorical statement from you taking full responsibility, as Commander-in-Chief, for Mamasapano.
    If you’re unwilling to do this because of legal reasons, you should stop making further statements on the matter. The results or reports from the various bodies probing the incident will answer the people’s questions. Let those reports do the talking.
    Sir, you’ve been taking a beating, primarily because there are people out there whose main mission is to make life hard for you. But you’re taking a beating also because the response from your side on Mamasapano has been inadequate and unconvincing so far.
    Gallant Ergo. I’m happy to note that the PNP, particularly OIC Gen. Leo Espina and others, have started to say “Gallant 44” instead of “Fallen 44.” As far as I know, I was the first to use “Gallant 44” (“Stop dishonoring the Gallant 44,” Ergo, 2/16/15), “Fallen” is a negative word, I don’t know who came up with it.
    Also, according to the news, the President has recently called some of his detractors “KSP,” or kulang sa pansin. Last Feb. 26, Ergo’s headline was “KSP adventurism.”

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/letter-pre...160423896.html

Unsa kahay ikatubag sa atong presidenti ane?

kana kung motubag pud si mr pres. mahilig baya siya mang-deadma.

Quote Originally Posted by keyuki View Post
    Busy kaayo to cgeg duwa og PSP boss

mo reply mn ng presidente. ang reply ana nya ingani..."naglalaro ka ba ng kompyuter?"

haha mao na diha. nag-effort pa ang letter writer.

May nlng pa puno neg hapak sa iyang nawng.

Quote Originally Posted by pepponeskie View Post
    mo reply mn ng presidente. ang reply ana nya ingani..."naglalaro ka ba ng kompyuter?"
    or basin gani “But you did not die, right?”

Quote Originally Posted by æRLO View Post
    or basin gani “But you did not die, right?”
    Naa pa boss "Binaril din ang Ama ko kaya patas na tayo"

Quote Originally Posted by 30121895 View Post
    May nlng pa puno neg hapak sa iyang nawng.
    hinuon, ubay-ubay na ng hapaka. syaro di madutlan kadugayan.

hinuon, ubay-ubay na ng hapaka. syaro di madutlan kadugayan.
    Murag dili pani siya madutlan ane bosss.. maski og steelplate pay ihapak sa nawng ane malumping pang steelplate nawng ane dili pa ma unsa

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast