Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: Porgatory

asa na link
    Last edited by geremarv; 03-10-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    Yes of course. Salvation has been purchased by God through Christ's death on the cross but that fact doesn't really conclude the question on how salvation can be applied to us? surely it starts with a declaration of Faith but does it end there?
    now, when we say saved, it means we have been sanctified. yes?
    scripture shows that sanctification involves many things..following what Christ has commanded, choosing right over wrong, righteous judgment, having a clear conscience, blah blah blah..fruits of Faith so to speak..
    these things can never be attained without suffering..the mere fact that we have to choose the ways of God over the pleasures of this world is already suffering in itself.
    therefore a Christian is sanctified through suffering..ingun pa sa bible, suffering produces perseverance.perseverance to character and character to hope. (Romans 5:3-5) and in Hebrew 12:11, righteousness and peace through painful process of discipline.
    purgatory is simply the final stage of that sanctifying suffering, the final phase of how Christ's redemption through His death on the cross being applied to us.
    kanang gimention nimo nga righteous judgment, fruits of the spirit, or even suffering etc., mga results na nga expected sa imoha after you declared your faith, kay dili man gud na ang basis sa imong salvation kundi ang imo faith, though kana sila fruits/evidences na siya nga you heartily have faith in Jesus and living with it,

Ephesians 2:8-9
    New International Version (NIV)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
    we are saved by grace through faith, mao nga ang good works dili na counted kay pwede man gud na ipanghambog unya unsaon na lang to di kahimo ug good works kay walay kwarta o disabled, etc., gift na ni God sa atoa tanan, so ang sumpay ana

Ephesians 2:10

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
    so mao na ni ang expected nga fruits sa atoa ang good works, pero dili na ang basis salvation

Philippians 2:12

12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to WORK OUT your salvation with fear and trembling,
    so ang giiingon diri nga work OUT, dili work FOR kay you dont have to earn because you already earned but must have to grow it

so to summarize, faith and works cannot save but a faith that works can save, kay naa may unworking faith which a dead faith kay di ba

James 2:17

17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
    so kadtong mga hypocrites nga dead faith lang ilang destiny jud dili sa heaven

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
    ug kung ang mga requirements nga imo gimention ang makasave sa taw, gibalewala ra nato ang gihimo ang ni Jesus sa atoa

Galatians 2:21

21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”[a]
    and lastly you are not condemened na if you are in Christ Jesus

Romans 8:1

Life Through the Spirit
    Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
    questions:

1. by 1 John 1:7 and Revelation 1:5, are you suggesting that the sins we commint through our thoughts,words, things we do and failed to do even after we accepted Christ as Lord and Savior will have no longer have an account whatsoever?(meaning, wa nay kaso kay luwas na?)
    first of all, if you truly accept Jesus as your Lord and his grace, di naman pud ka makasala na pirmi labi na di na nimo tuyoon sad

1 John 3:6

6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
    pero kay taw ra man ta, mafall ta sometimes pero we are sinning less and less ug mao na ang sanctification, so the more grace ang ihatag kung ma fall ka

Romans 5:20

The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,
    pero kung giaccept jud nimo heartily si Jesus by faith di na nimo iabuse ang grace

Romans 6:15

Slaves to Righteousness
    15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!
    ug assured si Jesus ang advocate or defender nimo kung by faith giaccept nimo siya as your Savior sa Father everytime we sin

1 John 2:1

2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
    2. Do you believe that nothing defiled shall enter heaven?
    i know you are referring to this verse, kay mao ni banner verse sa mga motoo ug purgatory

Revelation 21:27

27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
    kung tan-awon nato ni, mao ni ang dili makainherit sa kingdom of heaven kay mao ni ang mga impure jud

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have *** with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
    pero mao ni ang sumpay

1 Corinthians 6:11

11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
    nalimpyo na ta ug gipakasanctified na through Jesus

3. Do you believe that God is absolutely just and merciful at the same time?
    yes
    Last edited by rics zalved; 03-10-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notouch View Post
    how about kanang mga babies or mga bata, wala paman jud na silay mga sala. unsaun mana sila pagjudge?
    exempted mn cguro na sila,mrg naa na sa juvenile law

Quote Originally Posted by rics zalved View Post
    about the Trinity bay, it is a description na sa tri-unity of God the Father, Son, ug Holy Spirit, though wala na sa bible pero description na sa unity sa 3 ka persons ni God, usa sa evidence nga three in one sila kay sa creation sa earth ug universe, ug sa kadtong Tower of Babel

take note ang gamit diri kay Let us, so more than 1 ang nagstoryhanay diri.....using the word "Then God said", actually sa original translation sa Hebrew ani is "Elohim", "then Elohim said........", Elohim is a plural word for God

pero it is not 3 Gods but 1 God in 3 persons

same ra na sa mag-asawa 2 persons pero 1 couple, or 1 flesh

same concept sa the "Great Commission", walay mabasa nga Great Commission sa Bible pero nagdescribe siya ni nga verse, unya universally accepted ang "Great Commission" nga phrase

mas nareveal na diri gani sa Great Commission ang trinity nga composed siya sa Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

even Jesus claimed nga they are united with the Father as one God
    kinsa man sad naguna-una ug pasiugda anang trinity nga wala man tay mabasa ana nga Pulong diha sa Bibliya?

kanang gimention nimo nga righteous judgment, fruits of the spirit, or even suffering etc., mga results na nga expected sa imoha after you declared your faith, kay dili man gud na ang basis sa imong salvation kundi ang imo faith, though kana sila fruits/evidences na siya nga you heartily have faith in Jesus and living with it,
    we are saved by grace through faith, mao nga ang good works dili na counted kay pwede man gud na ipanghambog unya unsaon na lang to di kahimo ug good works kay walay kwarta o disabled, etc., gift na ni God sa atoa tanan, so ang sumpay ana
    so mao na ni ang expected nga fruits sa atoa ang good works, pero dili na ang basis salvation
    so ang giiingon diri nga work OUT, dili work FOR kay you dont have to earn because you already earned but must have to grow it
    so to summarize, faith and works cannot save but a faith that works can save, kay naa may unworking faith which a dead faith kay di ba
    so kadtong mga hypocrites nga dead faith lang ilang destiny jud dili sa heaven
    ug kung ang mga requirements nga imo gimention ang makasave sa taw, gibalewala ra nato ang gihimo ang ni Jesus sa atoa
    and lastly you are not condemened na if you are in Christ Jesus
    i'm afraid you are in an entirely different page bro..
    not questioning about the fruits of Faith nor God's salvation by His grace through Christ's sacrifice..again, purgatory is for SAVED yet imperfect souls..not for a second chance..hehehe
    also i am not saying that good works can save our souls..hehehehe...in fact, Good work is God's grace, nor did i mention about boasting for them...hehehe
    i never said that Christ's sacrifice is not enough to wash our sins..

point is, sactification has been freely given through Christ's sacrifice on the cross along with our acceptance of it. but sanctification is to be worked out through indulgence which is any suffering we go through for doing the will of God..though we delight in doing so, our flesh makes it a suffering anyway. Only through the grace of God that we can follow the righteous path and endure our suffering.. but endurance doesn't necessarily mean perfection does it?..surely NO MAN except for Jesus nor FAITHFUL among ourselves is able to execute righteousness FULLY and PERFECTLY..
    and when we die, most of us die in that state of imperfection BUT under God's grace.... can we go to heaven diretly? what happens with our imperfections then? ok na to kay papas na ni Kristo? in other words, ok ra ug makasala kay saved na?
    i thought we ought to be perfect just as our Father in Heaven is?

first of all, if you truly accept Jesus as your Lord and his grace, di naman pud ka makasala na pirmi labi na di na nimo tuyoon sad
    pero kay taw ra man ta, mafall ta sometimes pero we are sinning less and less ug mao na ang sanctification, so the more grace ang ihatag kung ma fall ka
    pero kung giaccept jud nimo heartily si Jesus by faith di na nimo iabuse ang grace
    ug assured si Jesus ang advocate or defender nimo kung by faith giaccept nimo siya as your Savior sa Father everytime we sin
    in other words, maski pag usaon nato ug bali2x ning istoryaha bro, makasala ug makasala gihapun ta.

i'm afraid wala nimu natubag akong question which was
    are the sins we commint through our thoughts,words, things we do and failed to do even after we accepted Christ as Lord and Savior will no longer have an account whatsoever?(meaning, wa nay kaso kay luwas na?) --this actually is just a YES/NO question bro..hehehe

i know you are referring to this verse, kay mao ni banner verse sa mga motoo ug purgatory
    kung tan-awon nato ni, mao ni ang dili makainherit sa kingdom of heaven kay mao ni ang mga impure jud
    pero mao ni ang sumpay
    nalimpyo na ta ug gipakasanctified na through Jesus
    All merciful God of course.. but what happened to the Just side of God?
    Maniac sa una pero ningdawat ni Kristo, nausab..pero kay tao ra..usahay ang pagkamaniac mu manifest jud hehehe...pero mu repent ra pud dayun kay aware naman sya sa iyang sayop, mangayo ug grasya sa Ginoo adlaw2x kay gusto jud siya mausab fully..duna juy improvement, dako kaayo pero of course..dili perfect, struggling or a work in progress so to speak...nya kay namatay ug kalit naligsan...
    *impure?check
    *repentant?check
    *still sins after repentance? check
    *pero naningkamut taman sa ginhawa nga mukab-ot sa grasya sa Ginoo para malayo sa sala? Check again humble pa jud...di magduha2x ug angkon sa kahuyang ug sige ug pa ampo hinlabi na ug makasala na pud..
    pangutana run, LANGIT DRITSO gihapun bro?

OT: i like the term "banner verse" though Lol

yes
    i see. i know someone who is very kind hearted, pinaka matinabangon nga tao nga akong nailhan first hand..righteous sa trabaho ug sa ubang bahin sa kinabuhi kutob lang sa akong nahibaw-an.. dili manikas..wa pa ko kasugat nga namakak ni siya nako..thinks of others before sa iyang kaugalingon..as in total package of an ideal Christian..BUT! atheist ni siya..NOTE: dili ni siya ang tipo nga atheist nga manghilabut sa mga theist..mu respeto pud ni siya ug laing2x pagtuo..question is asa ni siya padung nig ka tigbak niya... langit? or impierno?

Quote Originally Posted by geremarv View Post
    asa na link
    tua ra..

Palihug ko ug click ani nga mga link sa ubos bro:

Purgatory | Catholic Answers

and

Scripture Catholic - PURGATORY

Blog Entries

paspasa naka-saka ani nga thread uy.. mura mn ug katong linog sa bohol nga thread sauna

ma-naa or wala ang purgatoryo, maka-sala jd ta.

mo-tuo mn or dili, dapat mag-binuotan. bow!

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    tua ra..

Palihug ko ug click ani nga mga link sa ubos bro:

Purgatory | Catholic Answers

and

Scripture Catholic - PURGATORY
    sa aq na sabtan ky porgatory ky where we live karon mentras buhi pa nai chance to change....☺

Quote Originally Posted by geremarv View Post
    sa aq na sabtan ky porgatory ky where we live karon mentras buhi pa nai chance to change....☺
    hehehe imo na gibasa ang diha link boss? dah oi sure bah...

11.    Advertisement

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast