Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: NY Rap Beat influenced HC/Punk Bands

OT: ikaw diay si die-trying .. .. everything's good. Doing music again after a year lay-off. Nag balik mi sa akong kauban.. we were together about 7 yrs ago, then ni disband. Karon sugod sugod lang mi, playing the same materials..
    Kahinumdom ka atung ingon nako nimo sa una nga naay mi project ni Chris Riot (from URBAN RIOT) .. wala ni materialize, wa gyud mi oras mo jam and we were having a hard time looking for a decent bass player.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

ayus bai! good to hear you are still in the game..hehe
    naka mga tracks sa banda nimo diha bai? minaw unta ko unsa tirada ninyu..

Yes, got some La Coka Nostra... Hiphop Hardcore it is...

Quote Originally Posted by 0.5331534
    Yes, got some La Coka Nostra... Hiphop Hardcore it is...
    straight up street smart! yeayeah!...

In this hateful world, Niggas act like they've murderous intentions but all they do is front, they play who has the most numbers in their crew and taunt. Well f*ck that, if you disrepect me or my fam ima run to yo crib shoot you mom in the back f*ck her bullethole until she dies of heartattack.. - La Coka Nostra

Tha Truth - that's not really street smart. That's simply being pretentious. He's not shooting someone's mom in the back or whatever. This is simply gangsta rap talking smack. Anybody can write these types of verses but do they really practice what they preach? It would be really sad if they do, right? That's why gangster rap doesn't appeal to me in any way - they all talk about guns, crimes, etc... it's just a front - but there's only a few who's really living the gangster life, others just watch too much SCARFACE.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Raps are about metaphors and such, they dont mean it literally. Thats why its street smart (metaphors), you need to be smart enough and familiar with street talks, in rap you must understand and digest what you are listening to because i think its part of the genre itself to use those type of metaphors to put a bit of spice on it and really tell the listener they mean what they wanna do but its expressed in metaphors.. Its another way of saying if you disrespect me and ill disrepect you too. This is the main part of it "In this hateful world, Niggas act like they've murderous intentions but all they do is front, they play who has the most numbers in their crew and taunt." < now tell me that aint true?

I'm familiar with the streets - don't get me wrong, I'm far from being a catholic school boy -- but look, gangster rap is always like that. Talking about their guns, popping caps, girls, smoking weed, gang banging, etc... but the reality of it, they just watched too much gangster movies. I know some of them are true to what they say but most are just fronting. Funny fact - all of them have at least 1 copy of Scarface in their DVD collection and a poster of Al Capone in their rooms. Anyhow - these guys ain't tellin how it is. They're just trying to front themselves on how tough they really are. In reality, Bob Dylan got more balls than these guys do. But hey, gansta rap sells.. and if it puts food on the table, pay your Escalade's monthly bill .. then you gotta do what you gotta do.

As far as using metaphors in songs, yes it's a common practice amongst song writers ... but does it have to be that graphic?
    --

lol.. its true about them owning a copy of the scarface movie.
    My definition of street smarts might be different from yours but im pretty sure they live the street life (crime, poverty, authority abuse etc) and survived to tell the story. Its just like telling in a "humor to piss you off kind of way" what it's like living life in the gutter survivin, using brains and philosophies...Im not here to preach nor protect what they really are, im just listening what they have to say so there's no point arguing who's real gangsta or not homz..hehe.

ps. If you think la coka has crazy lyrics, read the one's from immortal technique (he is a certified revolutionist btw)
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/immor...lutionary.html

Metaphors man, you have to love them. It pisses off yo enemies but gives a good laugh to friends...haha

Some of them live the street life... while some grew up normal - Not living in the projects and surviving while taking advantage of welfare and foodstamps. It's different when real gangbangers preach about these things because they have first hand experience.. while others, who grew up with their parents having 9-5 jobs, those people can't say anything of value. They're just being pretentious. It's like Michael Jackson talking about doing it with a girl, you just can't take his word for it.

Thats the good thing about music, you must always keep an open mind and its just a matter who you listening to because tis true there are a lot of frontin' cats out there..
    Nabasa nimo kang immortal technique? Its like reading a comic book regarding reality with a lot of twists and turns..haha

you might wanna to check this docu out, its stuff from the udg talking about their view on the whole industry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrZ9pP7zxXE

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast