Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: NY Rap Beat influenced HC/Punk Bands

Crazy... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Truth
    hehehe.. wa ta magkatugma, when im talking about NY rap beats im pointing out to brooklyn /ny style / east coast beats .
    If you listen closely to west coast and east coast style hiphop, naa sila kalahian.. im not pointing out to the whole NYHC Bands like agn front, badbrains, the germs, black flag etc and their scene...hehe. Im Talking about bands who have the elements of hardcore, punk and hiphop in it.
    Thats why ang title is NY RAP BEATS influenced HC OR PUNK BANDS. hehe. And what i meant about the hc/punk is actually hardcore OR punk bands who have HIPHOP influence in it like Hazen Street, Subhoodz have the punk like approach on their songs pero naay elements of both hardcore and BROOKLYN / NY / EAST COAST BEATS..

Madball has no elements of hiphop in it IMHO, though raplike ang vocals but the instrumentals strongly point out to hardcore. Dont you think? Skarhead on the other hand (frontman: LORD EZEC aka DANNY DIABLO - DMS Dirty Money Syndicate Forerunner) mixed brooklyn /ny/ east coast beats and hardcore.

Try to compare, paminawa closely ang Madball and Skarhead and you'll get my point.. Though ang vocalist sa madball naanapud sa Hazen Street Freddy Cricien i think ang ngalan pero giklaro najud nila ug mix ang HARDCORE and HIPHOP sa iyang current na banda..

Examples:

Here is DANNY DIABLO (FORMER SKARHEAD FRONTMAN)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zPWxuI4DftU
    Notice the HARDCORE APPROACH and EASTCOAST / NY Influence or elements on the track?

Here is HAZEN STREET (WITH FREDDY FORMERLY MADBALL)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GXS8fQubQJE
    Notice the punk, hardcore and East coast / NY beat influence and elements on the track?
    Look at this track closely naa tanan superstars sa NYHC dira like danny diablo, Roger Miret of Agnostic front (half brother na sila ni Freddy cricien) etc..hehe

Here is SUBHOODZ Feat. Danny Diablo
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GXS8fQubQJE

And they call their APPROACH of hardcore and rap THUGCORE....Though odd paminawn pero waman ta mahimo sila man mismo nitawag ana nga genre..hehehe. Did i clear things out or napalibog nako samot?hehe

One thing i could say about this "slapshock, cheese, glitch, deftones, capsule as hardcore".. Hardcore bands never sell out.

I mean, They never aim to step on other bands to boost themselves. They have a scene with functional members on it who organize, help, communicate and act to boost bands under their scene and put up a show of collaborated bands under their scene [mao makabantay ka sige lang sila mag-guest ug members from other bands who is also part of their scene] "makasuya ilang eksena kay naglihuk tanan, dili lang usa ka tao", Those above mentioned bands(slapshock, deftones etc) on the other hand have their MANAGER / SPONSORS to organize for them...

HARDCORE IS FRIENDS [scene] SUPPORTING FRIENDS [bands] while ROCKSTARS IS FANS SUPPORTING BANDS.

And, Im done talking about the emo stuff bai. No one will ever listen who's who and who's not.. Just let them believe what they want to believe. They think emo is coheed and one sided haircuts then so be it. Pinoy man ta gud, Pinoys love stereotyping, They love idols and actors and stuff like that. What they see on their screen is what they apply or follow to the point that they lose track of reality [ they walk the walk or talk the talk ]. "knoww what im sayin mayyn?" - Like this one..hehe

"Dont believe everything the media or mtv is telling you, they don't even know the origin and history of what they are talking about. Its all research and smart talks, they were never part of it or experienced what its like."

Accept it or not, we are all growing old , soon enough we'll have kids and stuff. Isn't it the time we should think about the reality of things happening and stop living fantasies of our heroes?. Like cmon man we cant wear horror make-ups when we're going to attend parent counciling or beat up hardcore style a 21 yr old kid who talks sh-it when we're 60 or wear mohawks and boots going to our son's first communion or slash our wrists when our wives have to go away from the city for a business meeting. right?
    "They are just genres man, get it off your skin before it affects your head"
    - Tha Truth -
    point taken bai. thanks for clarifying. lisud lang nowadays nga naa napud nya mo misinterpret ug information.

and oh yeah, i totally salute you for your statement about "HARDCORE IS FRIENDS [scene] SUPPORTING FRIENDS [bands] while ROCKSTARS IS FANS SUPPORTING BANDS". this says it all about the underground and the mainstream scene. kung naa man gani ganahan makahibaw sa difference between the two can now be discussed in just 11 words.

hardcore still lives!

YEADUDE!

kuyaw2x.........

though un-seen the genre is learking beneath nyc's undergroundz. nice to hear cebuanos appreciating the movement of the genre. its been decades since the movement launched before today's " mashed up" genre's emerged elements of hip hop & hardcore metal already existed why bacc. CROWN OF THORNS , SKARHEAD , HOUSE OF PAIN, MADBALL etc. oh reminsicng cbgb days? he he..

though im more inclined to WESTCOAST rap-metal scene i never seize to be amazed with the strong after effect of two great genre's mixed all in one sound of revenge, political angst, depression, agony, ***, drugs , violence & sumtimeS celebration of life in general.peaz & love for hiphop & hardcore rock...

ROCK RHYMES.

Quote Originally Posted by marsonfire
    point taken bai. thanks for clarifying. lisud lang nowadays nga naa napud nya mo misinterpret ug information.

and oh yeah, i totally salute you for your statement about "HARDCORE IS FRIENDS [scene] SUPPORTING FRIENDS [bands] while ROCKSTARS IS FANS SUPPORTING BANDS". this says it all about the underground and the mainstream scene. kung naa man gani ganahan makahibaw sa difference between the two can now be discussed in just 11 words.

hardcore still lives!
    tinuod bai.. open-minded critcism is okay but lisod lagi jud na karun panahona kay if you speak your mind out nahulog nga nanaut or nangbash naka, literal ra kaayu ilang pagsabot.. salamat sa pagtan-aw sa akong main point.. kudos to you and sa tanan nakasabot..hehe.

"I am the lone dawg, no crew or scene attached but i have definitely have true friends on my back and that's all i need"
    - Tha truth -

Quote Originally Posted by CORNBREAD
    kuyaw2x.........

though un-seen the genre is learking beneath nyc's undergroundz. nice to hear cebuanos appreciating the movement of the genre. its been decades since the movement launched before today's " mashed up" genre's emerged elements of hip hop & hardcore metal already existed why bacc. CROWN OF THORNS , SKARHEAD , HOUSE OF PAIN, MADBALL etc. oh reminsicng cbgb days? he he..

though im more inclined to WESTCOAST rap-metal scene i never seize to be amazed with the strong after effect of two great genre's mixed all in one sound of revenge, political angst, depression, agony, ***, drugs , violence & sumtimeS celebration of life in general.peaz & love for hiphop & hardcore rock...

ROCK RHYMES.
    cbgb... rip.
    East cost - West coast, i have respect for both musical approach..That's what music should be, diversed. No hate, no genre clash or whatsoever..YEAH DUDE

you can fool the world but you can't fool me! haha

paytera hazen st. oi.

apil bah dire ang beastie boys? naka read ko somewhere sa internet sauna elementary pako na... gikan na punk ang beastie boys then pag balhin nila sa new york nag hip hop sila

Mrg pwd ang Beastie Boys. Punk-hardcore mnjd tingai na sila k kita pd ko ug New York Hardcore documentary then gi-mention sila ddto. Murag bugal2x rmn tung hiphop2x nila nya mrg mas na-notice mn tngai sila ato - gipadayun nlng.. Not really sure kung mao jd na ang sakto details...

The Truth - tag NY ka?

Kanang Beatie Boys may lagpas gyud. Di nimo ma kit-an sa ilang roots nganong ingon ana ilang tirada. Jewish sila to start with then nagsugod sa Brooklyn nya Punk ug Hip Hop ilang style.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Quote Originally Posted by EZRA
    The Truth - tag NY ka?
    dili homz.. nagkadebate naman ta sa una sa one the threads diri sa una (die_trying) remember? hehe.. so whaddup EZRA??hows it goin.

LA COKA NOSTRA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQn7WATXmQA

Listen to every line carefully.. its the gruesome reality, street smart yo!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast