Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: the end of the world...... really.

i think Al Gore is just exaggerating because he lost the Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by abuot
    i think Al Gore is just exaggerating because he lost the Presidency
    no he is not. he was just telling the truth.

i can even feel the difference from now......

before, i can sustain staying in my non-airconditioned room for hours with shirt and short but now, im almost nude here and wet(all girls are welcome)^^

and can only sustain between 3-4 hours baked inside.

if mu end na ang earth, wala tay ma hims. pusta anay pa ta, dugay pa mu end ang earth, not in our lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by erwin_rommel
    if mu end na ang earth, wala tay ma hims. pusta anay pa ta, dugay pa mu end ang earth, not in our lifetime
    Based sa science, 7 billion years pa. But before it happens, human race will find places all over the galaxy kung asa ra sila ka survive.

bsag unsaon ampo na dili mahitabo ... mahitabo japon anana

Quote Originally Posted by cebu-future
    Based sa science, 7 billion years pa. But before it happens, human race will find places all over the galaxy kung asa ra sila ka survive.
    kanindot naa na tay ka chat from mars, jupiter, uranus...ug from other galaxies...wow exciting!

I got what youre saying... its about the environment and how it will effect us... and how will destroy us... same thing, your basically using fear of death as ur motivator... BIG DEAL!

all death are certain... and that includes not only the death of you but also the death of the planet... get over it and enjoy life...

^ i think it's not the fear of our own death. personally i fear for the death of the generation when that happens. like, what if it will happen in your granchildren's time? as in they are tots that time...ma worried sad ka oi. ka luoy sad sa mga bata maabtan ug massive heat wave or flooding ug unsa ba diha.

if the world will end sometime soon, i suggest nobody bear any more children.

nah dont worry... if that ever happens people would die by the thousands or even millions...

and remember...

"one death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic"

HAHAHA...

but even then... what can you do?... worrying about something thats enivatable to happen is useless...

Years back, I have been monitoring the tides that is stated in those calendars we get during year end for the following year. I highlight those days that have 1.8M tide or higher. In 2005, there were only 4 months that had those 1.8 and above, with only 3 months reaching 2M tides. In 2006, that number jumped to 6 months with 1.8M tides, and 4 months reaching 2Meter. This year, there are now official high tide OVER 2 meters.

This means that low lying areas that are prone to flooding are expected to be flooded some more. No amount of dredging, drainage rehabilitation/improvement, is going to minimize flooding in such areas. Commercial fishponds are forced to increase the height of their dikes from fear of overflowing.

All these are alarmingly similar to what Al Gore was talking about. Caring about the present and future should be the concern of everyone. Live life to the fullest doesn't mean you can throw your garbage left and right, or burn fossil fuels without the least concern for environmental conservation, or a devil may care attitude that I want to be happy today and not worry about tomorrow.

What is inevitable? Death, yes. The question here is not death, but the quality of life. We, by doing something now, may be able to alter that "inevitability", by minimizing the effects of global warming, somehow, someway. What if you live on the one remaining island and have only one remaining coconut tree. If you really think death will be inevitable, you will get all the coconuts and eat them, cut up the tree to use it into housing, use the leaves for roofing, and the branches for firewood. And then what? No more future. But if you get some of the coconuts and plant them, use the leaves and branches to slowly make some shade or lean to structure, soon you have several trees. From these trees, you may be able to survive the future. You have effectively altered what is "inevitable". Just like the ads in Ayala about smoking: We are not asking you to stop. We are just asking you to care.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast