Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Romeojin View Post
    Buang man ka dong....

Misleading lagi ang title, it doesnt mean top sa overall education but rather the article tells about the Philippines being a good ground for foreigners to study and our BPO are booming.

Unsa tan-aw nimo sa ako mother language ? English ?
    unsa man message nimo dire ? Pinoy shouldnt speak english ? ?
    LOLO, relax lng ayawg ka HB dha kay atakehon nya kas atubangan sa keyboard. ug usa pa dili q buang. ang buang naa sa kalsada naglakaw lakaw. hehehe

wala q muingong bay na di ta mag ininglis... well we are grateful na kabaw ta muenglis, pero di na nimu ipanghambog kay it doesnt make any change sa kahimtang sa atong nasud?

kundi dili gani otherwise mura rakag BATANG gamay ana nga nanghambog sa iyang Bag.ong T-SHIRT, but that T-SHIRT doesnt do anything about HIM being a PERSON!

mao na aqong point bay.

Why Brag, when it doesnt make any sense at all?

Kalooy intawn sa na quoatan. Reply na dha hahahaha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timoyans View Post
    Mao ni ininglis! Hahaha. Seriously, naa kay punto. 3rd place or not, nanghinambug or not, basta walay direct impact sa atoa wa gihapoy sense.

"Tops" in what aspect? Basin sa gidaghanon nga international students moari....but are we "top" in quality....dili pa siguro, although makaingon ta ug COMPARABLE

Quote Originally Posted by cliff_drew View Post
    So you mean there's no criteria with regards to the survey, as long as one will be able to speak, it will be counted as one English speaker? And how will a Filipino teacher teach his foreign students when he is not proficient to the language? Unsa may itudlo niya, carabao english? Naa patay guts mo invite... LOL
    speaking rudimentary english is still speaking english to the point you can understand english... dili pila lang ka words ha.
    Sa imo man gud dapat, someone should speak like the way american/british speak to be considered english speaker, then I ask you..
    Do you speak english ?

Im pretty sure naay criteria/qualification for teaching English duh.. patudloon ba diay ang english teacher kung di kamao/proficient ug english ?

But older English is non-existent as of today
    Thats why English is a mess up language, american messed it up, rapper, jejemon, taglish. I dont really care kanang proficiency.

Accepted fact naman gud na "3rd largest English speaker" ang Philippines.

Sunod India # 2 you agree they are better speaker than us ? kanang ranking was based on the population of english speaker di na about proficiency.

Funny you cite twitter and forums. Do you think they will be mindful on grammar and spelling? It ain't a formal writing to them. Since English is the universal language thus any people who knows English can understand even if it has grammatical or spelling errors. Even below can be read without the vowels:
    kung Pinoy whether speaking proficiency, writing, grammar error di pwede.

kung american/brits pwede any error.

i rest my case

you do know, grammar can be oral and written.

On the other hand, Pinoys are mostly mindful of grammar and spelling in order not to feel like a dumb in the internet especially we have the most grammar police/nazis here. Makakita ra ganig wrong spelling or wrong grammar, manaway dayon. Look what happened recently to Vilma Santos.
    You speak as Pinoy are different kind of human. Naa pud grammar police/nazis from other country... google it.
    Para nimo man gud... they(american/brits) are excuse from any error

Quote Originally Posted by timoyans View Post
    LOLO, relax lng ayawg ka HB dha kay atakehon nya kas atubangan sa keyboard. ug usa pa dili q buang. ang buang naa sa kalsada naglakaw lakaw. hehehe

wala q muingong bay na di ta mag ininglis... well we are grateful na kabaw ta muenglis, pero di na nimu ipanghambog kay it doesnt make any change sa kahimtang sa atong nasud?

kundi dili gani otherwise mura rakag BATANG gamay ana nga nanghambog sa iyang Bag.ong T-SHIRT, but that T-SHIRT doesnt do anything about HIM being a PERSON!

mao na aqong point bay.

gi bait lang ko nimo noh, unsa imo other account. banned user guro ka.
    stick to topic... ayaw ko nimo i-quote on something layo na sa topic and expect me to respond.

to answer you... asa bragging ana ?

1. i told you many times i said. accepted fact na "3rd, 4th, 5th" ang philippines in english speaking population the author was just relaying.

2. kinsa man naghimo anang ranking ? foreigners man.

3. bragging diay ang "3rd place" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solderingiron View Post
    Kalooy intawn sa na quoatan. Reply na dha hahahaha
    replied na... pa paging pud sila or

why dont you join sa discussion ?

Mao ni ininglis! Hahaha. Seriously, naa kay punto. 3rd place or not, nanghinambug or not, basta walay direct impact sa atoa wa gihapoy sense.
    kamo ra man making a big fuzz about anang "3rd place". kung di mo kadawat make your own ranking

I was just answering @marius
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/politi...l#post16583976

Blog Entries
    speaking rudimentary english is still speaking english to the point you can understand english... dili pila lang ka words ha.
    Sa imo man gud dapat, someone should speak like the way american/british speak to be considered english speaker, then I ask you..
    Do you speak english ?

Im pretty sure naay criteria/qualification for teaching English duh.. patudloon ba diay ang english teacher kung di kamao/proficient ug english ?
    I'm not talking about speaking in american/british accent (if this is what you mean) to be considered as english speaker, but I pertain to proficiency. Currently, we encourage everyone to come over and study here in PH since we have the most english speakers (according to survey) yet of low teaching cost. If these people then are not proficient, how will they able to teach? That's my point. Proficient english speakers like ESL teachers, call-center agents, lawyers, judges, educators, trainers and many others are among the list. ESL teacher position, for example, has a required criteria/qualification before one can start to teach. Me, I can speak in English but I'm not proficient. I'm not counted.

Bottomline, the main purpose of the figures is to represent the country being in rank # 3 so as to encourage non-english speakers to go over here and study english.

Thats why English is a mess up language, american messed it up, rapper, jejemon, taglish. I dont really care kanang proficiency.

Accepted fact naman gud na "3rd largest English speaker" ang Philippines.

Sunod India # 2 you agree they are better speaker than us ? kanang ranking was based on the population of english speaker di na about proficiency.
    I already mentioned that I don't believe in the survey.

kung Pinoy whether speaking proficiency, writing, grammar error di pwede.

kung american/brits pwede any error.

i rest my case

you do know, grammar can be oral and written.

You speak as Pinoy are different kind of human. Naa pud grammar police/nazis from other country... google it.
    Para nimo man gud... they(american/brits) are excuse from any error
    Murag man kag just now anang wrong grammar and spelling sa mga americans/brits pero not all ha. Niingon pa man gani ka why ma error pa sila nga sila jud ang native english speakers. Ang tubag ana lagi kay wala na nila gi mind kay bisan naa silay sayop ang readers makasabot man gud gihapon labina kita ang nagkat-on sa ilang language. Usa pa, wa sad ko gaingon nga Pinoy ra ang grammar police/nazis, kita nuoy pinakadaghan.
    Last edited by cliff_drew; 07-12-2014 at 12:39 PM.

I'm not talking about speaking in american/british accent (if this is what you mean) to be considered as english speaker, but I pertain to proficiency. Currently, we encourage everyone to come over and study here in PH since we have the most english speakers (according to survey) yet of low teaching cost. If these people then are not proficient, how will they able to teach? That's my point. Proficient english speakers like ESL teachers, call-center agents, lawyers, judges, educators, trainers and many others are among the list. ESL teacher position, for example, has a required criteria/qualification before one can start to teach. Me, I can speak in English but I'm not proficient. I'm not counted.
    im not referring to accent but rather kanang imong view that people who speak English are speaking it like what Brits/american does (proficient as them).

You see "I can speak in english" thats 1 count, the ranking doesnt distinguish proficiency; thats another ranking. And proficiency is a matter of percentage, what % should one be to proficient? 100% ?
    You are just saying "not counted" so that you can get away from this argument

why not you make your own ranking, like US #1 , UK #2 , Australia #3
    How do you know they are not proficient ? whats the % of their proficiency ?

naka minus naman gud ka sa mga pinoy teacher, agents etc .. you are talking as if you know these people.
    Like I said certain job has its own criteria/qualifications.. they wont be doing that job if they are not good for it.

Bottomline, the main purpose of the figures is to represent the country being in rank # 3 so as to encourage non-english speakers to go over here and study english.
    yeah... that just confirm it. karon pa ka kadungong ana "3rd largest english speaking" ang philippines

way back 2002 pa ko kadungog ana. even the United Nations will confirm that.

like i said accepted fact na ni. kapila na ni gibalik2x sa news. OLD NEWS na ni, the author of this article was just relaying that fact.

Wa pa cguro ta gipanganak naa na data on largest english population. ngano lalison pa mani ni ?

I already mentioned that I don't believe in the survey.

you dont believe in the "3rd largest" result ? or just any survey ?

Murag man kag just now anang wrong grammar and spelling sa mga americans/brits pero not all ha. Niingon pa man gani ka why ma error pa sila nga sila jud ang native english speakers. Ang tubag ana lagi kay wala na nila gi mind kay bisan naa silay sayop ang readers makasabot man gud gihapon labina kita ang nagkat-on sa ilang language. Usa pa, wa sad ko gaingon nga Pinoy ra ang grammar police/nazis, kita nuoy pinakadaghan.
    ang ako pud punto when i said it to timoy na its common to make mistake on spelling and grammar esp secondary language lang ang english. By saying it, di ta magbantay sa mistake, like what you are saying that foreigners they dont mind it.

Ikaw hinuon moingon magbantay ta sa mga mistake kay para di ingnan bogo. so whats the point of this argument? like i said nga even mga native english speaker made mistakes; people like george washington, Churchill, Einstein cant spell well.

so you saying.. kita ka nasayop ang Pinoy .. correction nan nato, make fun of them ?

prove.. mas daghan grammar police na pinoy. kutob lang gani ta forum, tweeter, FB... sa US gani naay mga website. US had more population and more netizens.

Blog Entries
    im not referring to accent but rather kanang imong view that people who speak English are speaking it like what Brits/american does (proficient as them).

You see "I can speak in english" thats 1 count, the ranking doesnt distinguish proficiency; thats another ranking. And proficiency is a matter of percentage, what % should one be to proficient? 100% ?
    You are just saying "not counted" so that you can get away from this argument

why not you make your own ranking, like US #1 , UK #2 , Australia #3
    How do you know they are not proficient ? whats the % of their proficiency ?

naka minus naman gud ka sa mga pinoy teacher, agents etc .. you are talking as if you know these people.
    Like I said certain job has its own criteria/qualifications.. they wont be doing that job if they are not good for it.
    Na naunsa naman intawon ni. Asa man sa akong statement nga naka minus ko sa mga Pinoy teachers or call-center agents? Sila gani akong gi consider nga mga English speakers kay dili sila madawat sa ilang positions kung dili sila proficient sa english. Palihug lang daw ko basag balik sa akong posts.

yeah... that just confirm it. karon pa ka kadungong ana "3rd largest english speaking" ang philippines

way back 2002 pa ko kadungog ana. even the United Nations will confirm that.

like i said accepted fact na ni. kapila na ni gibalik2x sa news. OLD NEWS na ni, the author of this article was just relaying that fact.

Wa pa cguro ta gipanganak naa na data on largest english population. ngano lalison pa mani ni ?

you dont believe in the "3rd largest" result ? or just any survey ?
    Yes, I admit karon pa ko kadungog ana. Like I said, its music to my ears kay nindot paminawon nga # 3 pero dili man ko motoo ana nga survey. Ang gi insist man gud nimo maong # 3 tungod kay daghan tag English speakers apil na ang mga dili proficient.

ang ako pud punto when i said it to timoy na its common to make mistake on spelling and grammar esp secondary language lang ang english. By saying it, di ta magbantay sa mistake, like what you are saying that foreigners they dont mind it.

Ikaw hinuon moingon magbantay ta sa mga mistake kay para di ingnan bogo. so whats the point of this argument? like i said nga even mga native english speaker made mistakes; people like george washington, Churchill, Einstein cant spell well.

so you saying.. kita ka nasayop ang Pinoy .. correction nan nato, make fun of them ?

prove.. mas daghan grammar police na pinoy. kutob lang gani ta forum, tweeter, FB... sa US gani naay mga website. US had more population and more netizens.
    Kanang naka bold mao na ako gi emphasize ug gi balik2 nga kita ang pinaka daghan. Kani gani nga thread usa na sa example kay gisaway ang "is tops". Si Vilma Santos kay bag-ohay lang gitirahan online ug gisaway iyang grammar. Mao gani tungod aning mga manawayay, mas careful pa ta sa grammar ug spelling unlike sa mga americans/brits. Gets na?
    Last edited by cliff_drew; 07-12-2014 at 03:15 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast