Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Project: I Love To Read More!

Join the Basadours as we celebrate Project I Love to Read MORE (Moving Onward to Reading Empowerment)!

This is the second phase of our advocacy to promote reading through storytelling by reaching to more communities in Cebu and its neighboring provinces.

On June 28, be one with us by organizing your own storytelling session in your school, barangay or even at home! Upload photos of your storytelling/reading session with the following hashtags: #ilovetoreadmore and #thebasadours.

To help you in organizing your storytelling session, the Basadours is coming out with a storytelling guide complete with tips and how-tos in organizing, conducting and hosting creative and fun sessions.

To join, register via text to 09173278973, email thebasadours@gmail.com or register via
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n7A...?usp=send_form

Just leave your contact details, email address, name or org name and we'll email you a copy!

Let's read more, more, more! Be one with your fellow booklovers and storytellers as we empower more people and more communities to love reading…MORE!

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all!" - Jacqueline Kennedy

*** On June 20th, we will be hosting a storytelling guide walk through! For those who are interested, please feel free to text to 09173278973 or email thebasadours@gmail.com Keep on reading! ***

https://www.facebook.com/Basadours/p...type=1&theater

Blog Entries
    @den2x what time on the 20th?

@Galadriel Jan 1pm at the Cebu City Public Library karon June 20.

Blog Entries
    @den2x salamat

i regardz lang ko ni Bea maam..... from YOLI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE KID View Post
    i regardz lang ko ni Bea maam..... from YOLI

Thanks
    @THE KID Okies

(SUNSTAR CEBU)

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Basadours promotes love of reading, launches ‘Read More’ advocacy project

THE Basadours, a group of volunteer storytellers and reading advocates, recently launched “Project I Love to Read MORE (Moving Onward to Reading Empowerment)” in a bid to further spread the love of reading through storytelling in Cebu and neighboring Visayan provinces.

Basadours chairperson Cris Evert L. Ruffolo said this is to continue the I Love to Read Project, the group’s first step in reviving the love of reading in the form of storytelling sessions.

“Raising awareness about the importance of reading is an ongoing process. We should never stop. We continue to be outspoken about the relevance of building a reading culture because that’s a necessary step in making informed citizens,” said Ruffolo at the sidelines of the project launching last June 28.

Vice Mayor Edgardo Labella and Councilor Noel Wenceslao attended the launching who both expressed their support in the group and the reading/storytelling advocacy.

Organized in February 2012, the Basadours has organized and participated in more than 40 storytelling sessions around Cebu, Bohol, Negros and Iloilo.

With Project I Love to Read MORE, Ruffolo said they aim to double the number of these storytelling sessions by encouraging communities and villages to organize their own sessions.

To make this possible, the group crafted the Basadours’ Storytelling Guide, a comprehensive guide in organizing, hosting, and conducting storytelling sessions. It also contains a book directory that details children’s storybooks written by Filipino authors.

To support the project, storytelling sessions were also organized by Small Wonders Academic Center, San Antonio Learning Institute, University of San Carlos through its Library System, University of San Jose-Recoletos instructor/librarian John Louie Zabala and students, Calape Elementary School (Daanbantayan, Cebu), and Rhonette Abatayo of Discovery Camp (Toddler Circus Class).

Interested to organize your own storytelling session or partner with the Basadours? Visit Volunteer AmBASADOURS for Reading and Storytelling or www.facebook.com/Basadours. One may also reach the Basadours at 0917-3278973 or email at thebasadours@gmail.com.

Basadours promotes love of reading, launches

wala lagi c bea sa pic maam den?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast