Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Should newbies be disallowed to post under buy/sell and pm access?

In view of the recent spammings, not so reliable transactions, bogus offers, etc. I am comtemplating of removing posting rights under Buy / Sell / Trade / Classifieds forums for people with the "Newbie Member" rank... aside from that, I am also considering removing their PM privilege due to the surge of spamming incidents. Should this plan push thru, the number of posts to get the "Junior Member" rank will be lowered to 30 from 50. This will be, for now, a subject for discussion and deliberation.

Any post that doesn't relate to the subject will automatically get a warning. Post your thoughts.

Default Re: Should newbies be disallowed to post under buy/sell and pm access?

i must say there are members who basically concentrate on doing business.. some of them are not that much of a poster, there are one time membersÂ* and newbies registering basically for the sole purpose of posting what they have to offer (generally sellers of high value items like vehicles) , after which, i'm not sure it they will still get to join in the forums as much as they do.. i guess this would perhaps discourage, not just spammers, but even new comers with an intention of making transactions in good faith..

though it's no doubt that this would indeed curtail instances of the section being flooded by senseless postings, but i'm afraid it will just prompt these people at diverting their pesky doings to other forums..

i donnu sir, but if i'm not mistaken, your advice basicallyÂ* implies newbies need to get to "junior member" status as prerequisite for having posting rights over buy and sell forums, and if were in their shoes, and knowing of my obvious predicament, then apparently my first move would be to get those first 30 post over other section.. "general chitchat" would be a good avenue for those people.. (diverting one problem to another.. err.. i guess)

i think it's also better if you would consider providing after transaction feedback on users participating in that section.. hopefully by then, admins might pinpoint who are those who needs to restricted and members get to have an idea beforehand of who they are dealing with.. (if i remember there is a thread about buyer/seller feedback before... it was really handy)

add: (after few mins) opps.. my bad, i thought the thread i was talking about was no longer existing (lately i tend to go straight to the subsection.. anyway, how about making a sub section - buyer/seller feedback? (just to make it more visible perhaps)Â*

I'm a newbie...matter of fact, this is my first post....im not a businessman and I don't have any intention of posting at buy and sell section, neither I am eager to pm anybody(no person in a right mind will pm an "amaw" ), but then you deprive a member's privelege by not allowing us the newbies to post and pm somebody....how about limiting the number of pm's to 5 or 10, by that no newbie can pm everybody for business purpose.

..... just my 2 cents.

Deprive of privilege? Hehehe... Para naku... it needs more than that pa gani. Dapat ang naay privilege to sell in buyÂ* & sell kana gyung mga C.I.A na, part of the family, mga certified istorya addict. Pwede man gani kinahanglan gyud kaattend ug meeting even just once para siguradong makakita ta sa nawng. Kayahay na aning mga tawhana makabaligya diri LIBRE, asa mo ngita ug libre?

Wala mi makwarta ani mga bai thus, giving Istorya admins and moderators to make their rules without worrying offensive ba sa mga sellers or not. Righteously, this site has a right to require membership to be sellers in the forum, at least yearly membership, dapat apply gyud ang mga sellers ug form (with all details) naa pa mi income to help pay for maintenance and upkeep of this site and bisan lang gamay, naa sad mo.

Quote Originally Posted by amaw
    I'm a newbie...matter of fact, this is my first post....im not a businessman and I don't have any intention of posting at buy and sell section, neither I am eager to pm anybody(no person in a right mind will pm an "amaw" ), but then you deprive a member's privelege by not allowing us the newbies to post and pm somebody....how about limiting the number of pm's to 5 or 10, by that no newbie can pm everybody for business purpose.

..... just my 2 cents.
    @amaw, n' gel is right, if you only knew the victims of buy and sell forums sa mga defective items you will understand why admins came with this idea. Not only that, this idea prevent thiefs from intruding here for their purposes.
    What if naa kay gustong paliton sa seller that you didn't know and you're very interested sa item nga iya gi sell, unya pag meet ninyo tulison diay ka....Wala kay mahims kundi ang pagsisisi na lang... diba makaingon jud ka nga this is the right action to prevent those intruders which has bad intentions to us....

Mods I support this idea...

i somewhat agree with the administrator because there are some members here that sells things and when many people get interested on the ones they are selling they just dont reply anymore.it defeats the purpose of posting.

ok ko anang naay membership para sa mga sellers para pud makaincome ang istorya. nya at least mailhan na ang mga sellers, para safe ang mga buyers sa mga ilad.

yup, absolutely, we can't neglect the fact that almost everywhere in the net, there are persons who are trying to "one-up" another. I guess that would be a reasonable idea and the membership fee, i'd go for it... it proves that that person is really, really, really, serious about doing business here in istorya..

Woops sorry to mislead you guys, medyo kinahanglan pa ni well-thought about the membership, the last time I checked when I suggested they were against it kay basin kuno tungod sa kay member lagi ang seller, kung duna man gani problems ang buyer sa seller, ma blame kuno ang Istorya. However, if indeed naa man gani membership, dili liable ang Istorya between transactions. Ang purpose lang sa membership is to have legit record of full name, (required ang ID sa membership) contact numbers, and address sa seller, or kaha vouch ba ron from a moderator or administrator. Kung naa man gani problema ma encounter ba ron ang buyer sa usa ka seller, Istorya will provide him with legit info about the seller (kay wala man mi labot sa ilang gisabutan, or sa product ba ron sa seller), at least naay habul ang buyer. Pero, dili mi pwede liable sa mga transactions, wa mi labot kung magkaproblema ang mga buyers sa sellers kay medium raman ang Istorya for the trade.

Let's focus on BeoR's condition usa. I agree rald, it doesn't matter upgrading certain requirements for sellers kay mga negosyante gyud moagwanta na sila basta lang mahalinan.

pero ang mupalit dili nlng magpa membership?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast