Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

now watching se7en.....

@silogan_ni_siomai nndot pod na boss, a david fincher movie.

bitina sa ako weekend oi hahaha.... nindot ang seven pero murag wa ayo ko ma mindf*ck hehehe.... up next vanilla sky na pd.... ug the usual suspects

Quote Originally Posted by silogan_ni_siomai View Post
    Just got hooked up with mindfu*ck movies. Unsai inu masuggest nga ambiguous movies?
    so far ako mga na kit-an are these

american psycho - i love this movie as it brings conflict of understanding as to wether all the killing spree are true or all just in Bateman's head

shutter island - another great movie to debate. As to wether teddy/andrew is insane or is shutter island just covering up their lobotomy operations. along with all the anagrams, cigarettes, lighthouse location etc.

the machinist - same questions sa american psycho if all we're based on true events or just in trevor's mind.

memento - just watched it the first time and i was like "what the hell?" in the ending. will have to review it 2 or 3 times to picture out the puzzle. =)

Inception - saw it once pero di pa ko hooked up ug mga psycho thriller movies. Will spare some time to review this film.

The shining - absolutely a cult classic. So much theories online. Naglibog ko which one im to settle with. hehe.

suggest mo mga similar movies ani beh... share pud mo sa mga insights ani nga mga salida. I would love to have a friendly debate. ehehehe
    THE SHINING... one of my top 5 best movies of all time. add Clockwork Orange and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind sa imo watch list sir..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BertR View Post
    In my opinion this quote means differently. I'm remembering from when I last saw it more than 3 years ago.

He was insane at the start of the movie, the role play-slash-treatment was effective, so he was cured. However, because he was cured he also remembered what happened to his family which was mainly his fault.

So he decided to pretend he wasn't cured in order to be lobotomized so he can forget. If he showed them the truth that he was cured, he will continue to live, but as a monster for killing his family. Choosing lobotomy will make him die a good man because he won't remember what he did.

But of course, I always believed movies are meant to be interpreted differently. I see you have a long list to go, so di nalang sa ko mag-add kay daghan gyud kaayo nindot mga movies nga imong gitawag og ambiguous. I'll suggest you start with "2001" and watch it with a good mental condition para ma-absorb nimo. haha. Charlie Kaufman-written films are also pretty good (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine) but Synecdoche, New York takes his ideas to a whole new level. Though it wasn't as well directed as his other films (he directed his own script), it is superbly written.

Charlie Kaufman, Spike Jonze, and Michel Gondry..

apila nalang pud diay ang A Serbian Film, although it's not for the faint of heart...

just found a "seven" fan theory online from username paulie:

"The fundamental tenet of the theory is that Kevin Spacey is not the killer at all, but just a psycho used as a pawn in the real killer's master scheme. So who is the real killer, you say?

Good question. It's Morgan Freeman.

Random list of reasons why:
    - I started thinking it was him when he was making so many non-intuitive leaps of logic to track the killer.
    - His reaction to finding the "killer"s headquarters was also odd. He didn't want Brad Pitt to go in there right away without reinforcements because he wasn't sure he hadn't left anything incriminating out there.
    - Don't you think Spacey turning himself in was too easy? It was part of the plan. The ultimate final victim (and the final sin) was Brad Pitt himself, who Morgan Freeman thought represented the new breed of hotshot, self-absorbed cops.
    - Freeman's bored and retiring. Time to put all his training to use for one final perfect crime.
    - When the car arrives with the box, Freeman BUSTS ASS to be the first to get the box. Can't remember if Pitt actually looks in the box, but even if he does, it's just a glimpse. It's Freeman's reaction that tells him what he thinks he needs to know, and he's already in an agitated mental state from the buttons Spacey has pushed (according to the script laid out by Freeman).

Seriously, watch the movie again with this idea in mind and see how many things seem to back up what I'm saying. I developed the idea very early on, and I was 100% convinced by the end. I even wonder if there was an original script that revealed Freeman as the killer that got booted for being too depressing for American audiences.

this theory alone F8cks my mind heheheh

Kini, wal jud ko kasabot ato!

- - - Updated - - -

Cloud Atlas. Haha

This is the most thought provoking movie i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianna View Post
    apila nalang pud diay ang A Serbian Film, although it's not for the faint of heart...
    noted

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger Lady View Post
    Kini, wal jud ko kasabot ato!

- - - Updated - - -

Cloud Atlas. Haha
    try daw ko ni.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUp View Post

This is the most thought provoking movie i've ever seen.
    ang unsa boss?

Quote Originally Posted by silogan_ni_siomai View Post
    noted

try daw ko ni.

ang unsa boss?
    Past. Present. Future. Nya ang mga actors recycled, multiple characters ilang g.play. Nya murag good vs. evil, echoes throughout time.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast