Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation a group that would "at least" make stray dogs feel they are important.

Hi guys,

Ive been contemplating on helping those stray dogs i always see on cebu streets everywhere.

It may not sound so appealing to everyone but I think this is the only way we could let them feel

that beyond the streets and the people walking, there are still those people who can give importance to them.

i was thinking that as soon as i get back to cebu this march, i would drive all around the city streets and give the stray

dogs some food (ill insert vitamins inside) which at least could help ease the hunger. i know it wont help them for a long way but i couldnt stand seeing them scavenge for food or water.

Im just tired of thinking how we pamper so much our own pets and call ourselves animal lovers but when we are out in the streets and see animals (dogs in particular) we try to shoo them off because they dont look so appealing and cute. so,im taking my stand now I HOPE YOU ALL DO YOURS.

If you can read this and somehow thought of helping me then that would be great.

PM ME.

Best Regards,

King1 (animal lover)

Ipadakop sa city pound ra jud ang solution ana kay ila manang ispay/neuter ang dog and if okay2 na ila manang ipa adopt. Donate nalang ug dog food sa city pound.

Quote Originally Posted by king1 View Post
    Hi guys,

Ive been contemplating on helping those stray dogs i always see on cebu streets everywhere.

It may not sound so appealing to everyone but I think this is the only way we could let them feel

that beyond the streets and the people walking, there are still those people who can give importance to them.

i was thinking that as soon as i get back to cebu this march, i would drive all around the city streets and give the stray

dogs some food (ill insert vitamins inside) which at least could help ease the hunger. i know it wont help them for a long way but i couldnt stand seeing them scavenge for food or water.

Im just tired of thinking how we pamper so much our own pets and call ourselves animal lovers but when we are out in the streets and see animals (dogs in particular) we try to shoo them off because they dont look so appealing and cute. so,im taking my stand now I HOPE YOU ALL DO YOURS.

If you can read this and somehow thought of helping me then that would be great.

PM ME.

Best Regards,

King1 (animal lover)

im with you on this. I can offer my personal time para tabang ug maybe a descent amount of money.

city pound is not the ONLY SOLUTION.it should be to educate the owners of there responsibility to their dogs.

ANIMAL LOVERS/PET LOVERS is a not just merely a word but a responsibility.a responsibility that should be taken seriously.

There should be more "rescue centers" for stray dogs and cats apart from IRO and city pound. Shihpomapoo is offering P200 Aspin Wash Day for all Aspin dogs (just enough to cover basic cost of water, electricity, shampoo, soap, labor) in grooming an Aspin Dog - as most of them are medium to large sized. If other grooming salons would join Shihpomapoo and offer a spot a day for this type of services for Aspins, I think we may be able to make a bit of difference. We will need of course the recommendation of City Pound or IRO and other dog/cat rescue centers as we would require all dogs groomed in our salon to be safe from rabies, and all other diseases. Not all grooming salons have full days - it would be great to fill our empty hours grooming Aspins.

When I say more rescue centers, that would mean there are people willing to do the dirty work, paid staff, etc. It's hard to rely on volunteers as even paid workers are even hard to manage, more so for volunteers.

Is there a directory of all "rescue centers" for stray dogs and cats in Cebu?

Also, how ironic is it that we feel more for dogs than for those homeless people on the streets noh? Being a dog-owner now, we can see that dogs are more helpless than those homeless people.

I have an idea - what if we work with City Pound or IRO, to incentivize people from squatters area to earn a living by saving stray dogs. For every stray dog referred to City Pound or rescue centers like IRO, and committing to care for that dog for at least 3 months or more, they get paid 100/day. Where to get the pay salary? My suggestion would be, city pound and rescue centers keep a roster of willing donors that will be rotated to donate 5-day worth salary (only 500 pesos). These volunteers from slum areas will be taught how to care for dogs i.e. bathing, grooming, cleaning, walking, playing, etc. If they decide to quit in between, it is still a win-win situation - a stray dog gets saved anyways and could possibly give a positive impact on the psyche of the slum dweller.

Overtime, if this job/paid volunteer opportunity gets known, homeless, opportunistic slum dwellers will always have a back up job option should they grow very hungry or desperate - they only need to volunteer, find a stray dog to save and they earn 100 pesos per day.

The good thing with City Pound or Rescue Centers, they will know if the dogs are stolen and owners who lost their dogs can always search for these dogs there if ever.

Any thoughts? comments? ideas?

buhat nalang tag atoang private group para rescue og mga askal or not just askal apil na tanan pinasagdang hayop....

Quote Originally Posted by king1 View Post
    Hi guys,Ive been contemplating on helping those stray dogs i always see on cebu streets everywhere.It may not sound so appealing to everyone but I think this is the only way we could let them feelthat beyond the streets and the people walking, there are still those people who can give importance to them.i was thinking that as soon as i get back to cebu this march, i would drive all around the city streets and give the stray dogs some food (ill insert vitamins inside) which at least could help ease the hunger. i know it wont help them for a long way but i couldnt stand seeing them scavenge for food or water.Im just tired of thinking how we pamper so much our own pets and call ourselves animal lovers but when we are out in the streets and see animals (dogs in particular) we try to shoo them off because they dont look so appealing and cute. so,im taking my stand now I HOPE YOU ALL DO YOURS.If you can read this and somehow thought of helping me then that would be great.PM ME.Best Regards,King1 (animal lover)
    Hi!I'm actually doing exactly what you are doing. I don't get funding from outside and I am not rich either. I'm doing what I can to feed stray and neglected dogs in my area. Sometimes I "steal" canned goods from the pantry since some dogs don't eat dogfood. It may not help them long term, that's true but I feel happy if I could provide them at least a moment of relief or make their tummy full. We call this random acts of kindness. I don't only feed dogs, but cats and birds as well, sometimes even rats and small children who really are hungry and not just begging out of habit or part of an organized begging business.Feel free to message me. If you want to talk about your activity or project to form a group to give some relief to unwanted or neglected pets. I feel obliged to help animals, because they don't have civil rights unlike humans. Besides, I'm fed up helping humans who are ungrateful and undeserving. All the problems in the world are caused by humans. Animals at least know how to show love and appreciation and will never betray you, yet they are the ones who are often victims of abuse.Hope to hear from you.

Our very own Island Rescue Organization or IRO is actively involved in rescuing stray and abused animals.

try to look for CSDC group in facebook

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast