Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BPO first timer and I need advice

Hi Istoryans, I'm new here. I'm from Mindanao and I'm planning to relocate to Cebu soon with my wife and kids. I'm looking for a job and I was advised to try out BPOs for a decent income and additional rewards. I'm planning to start as a chat support representative for experience. My average WPM typing speed is 85 and above with 99.9% accuracy. I do have some questions though, I hope anyone could give me a decent answer.

1. How much is the usual entry-level salary for a chat support representative?

2. Any outstanding BPO companies you guys can recommend (preferably the ones that keeps promises)?

3. What are the typical requirements needed? (Type of IDs, Clearance, etc)

4. Is it fine to apply online?

Daghan salamat sa tanan in advance (I'm not sure if I said it right, my Bisaya is a little rusty).

Quote Originally Posted by StarChild View Post
    Hi Istoryans, I'm new here. I'm from Mindanao and I'm planning to relocate to Cebu soon with my wife and kids. I'm looking for a job and I was advised to try out BPOs for a decent income and additional rewards. I'm planning to start as a chat support representative for experience. My average WPM typing speed is 85 and above with 99.9% accuracy. I do have some questions though, I hope anyone could give me a decent answer.

2. Any outstanding BPO companies you guys can recommend (preferably the ones that keeps promises)?

Daghan salamat sa tanan in advance (I'm not sure if I said it right, my Bisaya is a little rusty).
    You said that you have a family so you really need a salary that can provide for a family. My advise is J.P Morgan, the starting is 17k and above. They don't have chat support though but the banker I position as CSR, is really easy and also they give relocation allowance of 15k. Here is the link sa jp.morgan nga ka.istoryans forum there pwede ka mag.parefer so that additional income. https://www.istorya.net/forums/call-c...gan-chase.html

Thank you very much for the reply @sirspeak. I will research more about JP Morgan. Thanks for the link too.

Pakyawa ug apply tanan diha sa IT Park boss para ma weigh nimo asa ka mo fit in terms sa mga g-offer nga compensation. Good luck boss and welcome to Cebu =)

Agree ko sa JP Morgan, though they don't have chat support. If you want chat, there's 24/7 or qualfon but i'm not that familiar with their basic salary (what i know is there's a log of online supports from other centers with much higher pay and benifits).

Centers like JP Morgan, Convergys, Accenture, Telstra, ePerformax, tc.

I guess it's just 2 valid ID's.. then TOR, NBI clearance, SSS, TIN..

It's all about "english".. so if you're good with that and you have good comprehension, then there's nothing to be nervous.. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by fiero19 View Post
    Agree ko sa JP Morgan, though they don't have chat support. If you want chat, there's 24/7 or qualfon but i'm not that familiar with their basic salary (what i know is there's a log of online supports from other centers with much higher pay and benifits).

Centers like JP Morgan, Convergys, Accenture, Telstra, ePerformax, tc.

I guess it's just 2 valid ID's.. then TOR, NBI clearance, SSS, TIN..

It's all about "english".. so if you're good with that and you have good comprehension, then there's nothing to be nervous.. ^_^

Bro from wat i've heard and from wat i know, jp morgan,accenture and telstra are considered as captive sites just like lexmark,qbe insurance and teradyne...working in these companies means that ur directly connected to them so in terms of benefits and compensation, they have the better hand on that which is far more better than bpo companies

Qualfon og Convergys brad sa IT park. Hiring man daw sila ron.

anyone who works @telstra? I was called for the assessment tomorrow. advise pls

@avah wer ka nga telstra mam?sa teletech or sa tp?

Thanks for the replies, since I don't have no BPO / Call Center experience and typing is my strengths, I guess I'll start on the non-voice route and enhance myself first before actually applying on captive sites (or maybe not when satisfied already). I found two companies that I would be interested in applying, 24/7 and Teleperformance, I believe they both have non-voice jobs. I'm still researching online for more. Feel free to give more advice. Thanks in advance!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast