Lightbulb Getting Along and Managing the Boss

Sa tanan nga employed, we all have this person sa office whom we report to. As every individual is unique, so is our boss. They can be a great mentor for others and a nightmare for some.

Let's take a look at the person you call your "direct superior", share some of his/her unique character and how you get along with him/her. No names please. You may be able to help others how to improve their dealings with their own bosses.

Let me start.

Ako boss karon is my 4th and is a fan of micro-management. Down to the photo in a presentation slide, it has to conform with his liking. Choice of fonts in the office poster, he has the say. On the brighter side, he is able to keep track of almost everything in our big department.

Its quite stressful at times and time consuming revising things out from some minor and insignificant changes that he wants to get done. Lisod timplahon iya ganahan as his mind is so dynamic. Kagahapon lahi iya gusto, today lahi na pud and expect tomorrow, it will change again. Deadline is the only thing that puts an end to the changes and revisions.

How I handle it? I keep soliciting his opinions and suggestions every time he requests for revision. That way, I am able to understand how he wants things to be done.

3.    Advertisement