Default Giant World = Giant Living Creature

Along time ago I have this thought.

After finding/looking at the comparison of the size of a different stars it seems like VY Canis Majoris is a really really big star. So big that our star is just like a tiny little pixel in the huge star.

My question is what if there is a solar system 100x in size, distance, mass and everything. Will there be a giant creature that could/will exist?

Example set up of that solar system is:
    Sun x 100 of everything = VY Canis Majoris
    Earth x 100 of everything = (Whatever planet name) which revolves around VY Canis Majoris with x100 of everything(how it spins, the distance from its Sun, gravity) it also have moon, high tide lowtide, day and night basically its just like earth but x100 bigger with water, gravity blah blah blah you know what i mean.

Will there be like live creature that could exist (like human/animals) but just x100 bigger than all of us?
    Or the law of physics will limit and dictate its size of that living thing.
    Last edited by loucellmar; 02-25-2014 at 05:38 AM.

nc thought tho , pero sa ako lng ,.

the atom is the same in size . so as its electron etch .

so , in a world where 100x ang gravity. tendency creatures would have to be sturdy huge , if you've seen natgeo or science vid about this

like the "alien planet" Here's how these creatures might look like .

you can fast forward at min. 3:00

but other than the problem with living creatures, a solar system 100x is pretty possible.
    Last edited by cromagnon; 02-25-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loucellmar View Post
    My question is what if there is a solar system 100x in size, distance, mass and everything. Will there be a giant creature that could/will exist?
    No. On the contrary, creatures that would live in a planet 100x the mass of our own world be shorter, have much stronger muscles, stronger joints, and thicker bones to support their bodies. Their feet would be short and thick and it might resemble an elephant's because of the increased mass and gravity. If a human from that world would come to our own, they'd be superhuman.

But I doubt there would be developed life if a planet like that would exist orbiting a hypergiant star. Why? because hypergiants have relatively short lifetimes. It took Earth about 500 million years to develop life. Hypergiants don't live that long. Stellar winds from a sun that big would also be strong enough to knock the atmosphere off the planet even though it is 100 AUs far.

Quote Originally Posted by cromagnon View Post
    nc thought tho , pero sa ako lng ,.

the atom is the same in size . so as its electron etch .
    I see i was also considering this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by igibouy View Post
    No. On the contrary, creatures that would live in a planet 100x the mass of our own world be shorter, have much stronger muscles, stronger joints, and thicker bones to support their bodies. Their feet would be short and thick and it might resemble an elephant's because of the increased mass and gravity. If a human from that world would come to our own, they'd be superhuman.

But I doubt there would be developed life if a planet like that would exist orbiting a hypergiant star. Why? because hypergiants have relatively short lifetimes. It took Earth about 500 million years to develop life. Hypergiants don't live that long. Stellar winds from a sun that big would also be strong enough to knock the atmosphere off the planet even though it is 100 AUs far.
    If thats true then how about not that really big stars? Would it still be possible that a living creature would exist that will be just like ants to them in size.

Quote Originally Posted by loucellmar View Post
    I see i was also considering this.

- - - Updated - - -

If thats true then how about not that really big stars? Would it still be possible that a living creature would exist that will be just like ants to them in size.
    Not possible according to the biology we're currently familiar with

Possible gyud ni cya bro. Possible pud gani ang miniature solar system

Astronomers spot fun-sized solar system

Quote Originally Posted by igibouy View Post

very well said.

8.    Advertisement