Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tom Clancy Dies At Age 66

Isa jud ni sa nakabuangan nako ni iyang mga libro sauna sugod high school.

Pinakaunang libro niya na akong nabasa was "The Cardinal of the Kremlin". Then sunod-sunod na dayon ang ka-addict nako sa iyang mga libro. Though ang iyang newer books murag nawa ang timpla. Wa na ko ganahi.

I still have 4 of his books in a shelf just a few feet away: Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Without Remorse, and Debt of Honor. Some say the last book is where the 9/11 terrorists got the idea of hijacking a plane and ibangga siya sa target building.

Thanks for keeping me company on those long nights, Mr. Clancy. You will be missed.

================

'The Hunt for Red October' author Tom Clancy dies at age 66

Celebrated author Tom Clancy, who became famous for best-sellers like “The Hunt for Red October” and “Patriot Games,” died on Tuesday. He was 66.

Clancy died at Johns Hopkins Hospital after a brief illness, the Baltimore Sun reports.

David Shanks, an executive personally involved in publishing all of Clancy's books, released a statement saying: "I'm deeply saddened by Tom's passing. He was a consummate author, creating the modern-day thriller, and was one of the most visionary storytellers of our time. I will miss him dearly and he will be missed by tens of millions of readers worldwide."

Born in Baltimore, Md., Clancy first hit the best-seller lists in 1984 with "The Hunt for Red October." He sold the manuscript to the first publisher he tried, the Naval Institute Press, which had never bought original fiction.

By a stroke of luck, President Reagan got "Red October" as a Christmas gift and quipped at a dinner that he was losing sleep because he couldn't put the book down, a statement Clancy later said helped put him on the New York Times best-seller list.

A string of successful books followed, including "Red Storm Rising," "Patriot Games," "The Cardinal of the Kremlin," "Clear and Present Danger," "The Sum of All Fears," and "Without Remorse."

Many of Clancy's works were turned into blockbuster movies starring the likes of Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck. The latest, based on his desk-jockey CIA hero Jack Ryan, is set for release later this year. Directed by Kenneth Branagh and starring Chris Pine, "Jack Ryan: Shadow One" is set for release in the U.S. on Christmas Day.

In addition to motion pictures, Clancy even ventured into video games with the best-selling "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier," "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction" and "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent."

Outside of his creative work, Clancy was a supporter of the Republican Party and became a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association in 1978. Clancy was also a part owner of the Baltimore Orioles baseball team.

In 1999, Clancy married freelance journalist Alexandra Marie Llewellyn. He was previously married to his college sweetheart Wanda Thomas. They had four children together.

Clancy's latest novel, "Command Authority," is slated to be released in December 2013.

source
    Last edited by Sand Man; 10-03-2013 at 01:55 AM.

getting goosebumps...

sayoha pod namatay ani...active man ta nig lifestyle...

RIP sir tom clancy...

Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    getting goosebumps...

sayoha pod namatay ani...active man ta nig lifestyle...

RIP sir tom clancy...
    ot: master pag hinay2x na ug pasingot para dili ma goosebumps.. hehehe

RIP master storyteller... some of his yarns were so realistic, one would think he knew deeper..

wala pa gani ko kahuman duwa sa splinter cell: blacklist

RIP sir TOM

may you rest in peace Tom Clancy...

- - - Updated - - -

may you rest in peace Tom Clancy...

read some of his books...watched The Hunt for Red October/Patriot Games/The Sum of all Fears...
    maytag ipang-salida tanan oi...nindot gyud...

srly? whattttt..... i got hook sa iya mga ebooks before hasta mga game based sa iyaha book.... and also sa docu nga siya nag host..... dayum!!!!!

@kit_cebu have you tried playing clancy games?

for me he's one of the best Cold War storyteller ever.... beside chris ryan.... and the guy who wrote medal of honor...

dili kaayo ko swet ani niya pero...

may you rest in peace sir...

ghost recon,rainbow 6, sum of all fears are one of my favorite video games

also read patriot games, sum of all fears, clear and present danger, hunt for the red october and cardinal of the kremin.

a rare thing for me reading several books from a single author and Tom Clancy was one of them (aside from the bobbsey twins, nancy drew and the hardy boys way back in grade school and high school)
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast