Page 224 of 302 FirstFirst ... 214221222223224225226227234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3011

Default Re: Who are those living in U.S.A. Please post here!!

Btw, who among here has share-rooms or know someone for a room for rent maybe for minimum for 2 months onwards near or within at New York and or New Jersey area.. may ta to naa mo ma refer pinoy. I was looking around the web way klaro ang uban.. if NY akong budget is pwede 1k per month maayo pa gyud lesser than than that basta near upper west side of Manhattan ok ra or if sa NJ bound ok ra between 500-800 per month it mustbe accessible by train and ot by bus kay kapoy na kaayo. I hope you can help me. Thanks

Btw, who among here has share-rooms or know someone for a room for rent maybe for minimum for 2 months onwards near or within at New York and or New Jersey area.. may ta to naa mo ma refer pinoy. I was looking around the web way klaro ang uban.. if NY akong budget is pwede 1k per month maayo pa gyud lesser than than that basta near upper west side of Manhattan ok ra or if sa NJ bound ok ra between 500-800 per month it mustbe accessible by train and ot by bus kay kapoy na kaayo. I hope you can help me. Thanks I'm sure you're very familiar with CraigsList but I know that you would want Pinoys to be your housemates too.

There's a Filipino Store in Woodside, NY named PHIL-AM FOODS which is located on Roosevelt Ave and 70 St. which has a lot of "For Rent" posters right outside the store. $1K budget in this part of NY is already twice the average if we're talking about room rentals, it's just between $300-$500 and much lesser for shared rooms.

Upper-West side would be a single train transfer from that area. You can take the 7 train on 69 St. going to Manhattan, transfer to either 1, 2 or 3 train going to the Bronx in Times Square and take off to your nearest stop in the upper-west side. OR you can walk a couple of blocks to Jackson Heights Terminal where E,F,G,R,V and 7 trains are available with E and F as your express trains. But either way, it would only take you less than 30 minutes to get to Manhattan (upper-west side).

One of the best part of living in that area of Queens aside from transportation accessibility is that a lot of Filipino Restaurants abound on 69th St. I know how difficult it is to work all day long and then come home with an empty stomach BUT without food waiting for you on your table. That's where Krystal's, Perlas ng Silangan, Tipanan, Renee's Restaurant, Bahay Kubo and Ihawan would come in handy. Less than $6 for a Filipino dish served with rice in any of these fine Filipino establishments. There are also a lot of Chinese Restaurants in the area that would serve 3 viands with rice plus soup and would only cost you from $3.50 to $4.75. Imagine the savings.

Just PM me if you decide to visit the area on a weekend and I'll drive you to those boarding houses.

vern, just give me a holler when you pass by this part of town in your future work assignments.
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

Thanks omad for the information, I'm planning to move in NY by second week of April I just got a project there last week located 63rd & broadway Ave. that's why I wanna stay closer kay kapuyan ko sig train (1,2 or 3) and njtransit to port authority (about 1 an hour on express train) plus transfer pa hassle kaayo everyday from my location right now.. I'm spending for a round trip train $20 daan if on way $11.75 + bus $8.80 round trip (45mins byahi one way) plus food pa daily I will PM you if ready na ko actually planning pa ni akoa if maka save ba gyud ko so that I can also arrange to see the place.. we can exchange numbers just in case. It sounds like nindot ang Filipino neighborhood diha basta for me naa lang ko ka ilisan, tulog wa man sad kaayo koy mga gamit gamay ra during the day work man. Thanks

Thanks omad for the information, I'm planning to move in NY by second week of April I just got a project there last week located 63rd & broadway Ave. that's why I wanna stay closer kay kapuyan ko sig train (1,2 or 3) and njtransit to port authority (about 1 an hour on express train) plus transfer pa hassle kaayo everyday from my location right now.. I'm spending for a round trip train $20 daan if on way $11.75 + bus $8.80 round trip (45mins byahi one way) plus food pa daily I will PM you if ready na ko actually planning pa ni akoa if maka save ba gyud ko so that I can also arrange to see the place.. we can exchange numbers just in case. It sounds like nindot ang Filipino neighborhood diha basta for me naa lang ko ka ilisan, tulog wa man sad kaayo koy mga gamit gamay ra during the day work man. Thanks So 66 St. on the 1 train is your stop in Manhattan, walk a couple of blocks then you're at your work site.

If you pay $30 per day for 20 days coming all the way from NJ that's $600 per month but with the MTA monthly unlimited pass it's only $81 or $519 monthly savings on transpo alone. That is already your monthly room rental in Queens plus the cost of dinner for 30 days. All your train rides and bus rides every single day of the month including weekends is covered by your MTA unli-pass so no other transportation expenses at all aside from the $81 initial cash-out. Imagine all the time and money wasted on the subway if you're living in NJ, 2-3 hours average daily commute compared to less than an hour if you're living in Queens.

Think about it.

Thanks for the breakdown omad I appreciate it. I'm trying my best to get around by bus & train to get familiar with the area its just a matter of time and patience picture2x lang usa ko whatever ako ma agi-an di na man sad kaayo tugnaw kay sometimes mo agi kos times square before ko mo adtos penn station but kadugayan sumo na sad mau ra gyud na akong route kay di pa sa ko dugay dre I'm currently living with my sister but I'm planning to move soon kay dugay2x na sad ko dre.. but lahi ra kaayo didto compared to a bigger city like NY pas2x kaayo mga taw didto so padu-ol nalang ko para way hassle plus maka save pa kog travel time and money.

mas nice gyud sa Queens puy-an. my mom used to live in Queens sa may Elmhurst St. and i've been there so many times pud.

i'd say it's personal preference kung asa ka ganahan mu puyo. if you like a "not-so-crowded" place then i'd consider NJ, especially if you have a car... mada raman ug mu drive ka from NJ to Manhattan, half an hour ra. depende pud kung asa ka sa NJ mu puyo.

but kung mag subway ka, mas feasible gyud kung sa Queens, like omad said daghan pud Filipino restaurants.

@omad: asa ka dapit sa Queens bro? daghan man mi family friends sa Queens.

ello ppl

Yeah I'll figure that out soon.. I'm just gathering more information here in istorya.net like omad shared a helpful information. If I have a car I would rather stay here in NJ but since I just borrow it if my sister if she's not using it but evetually I will soon buy my own car maski 2nd hand lang but if I will relocate in NY blema na sad parking didto so for now it's not my priority anyway I already have my NJ DL.

mas nice gyud sa Queens puy-an. my mom used to live in Queens sa may Elmhurst St. and i've been there so many times pud.
    i'd say it's personal preference kung asa ka ganahan mu puyo. if you like a "not-so-crowded" place then i'd consider NJ, especially if you have a car... mada raman ug mu drive ka from NJ to Manhattan, half an hour ra. depende pud kung asa ka sa NJ mu puyo.
    but kung mag subway ka, mas feasible gyud kung sa Queens, like omad said daghan pud Filipino restaurants.
    @omad: asa ka dapit sa Queens bro? daghan man mi family friends sa Queens.I used to live in Belleville, NJ for almost 3 months but the travel time to and from the big city sucks. I have to wake up real early, drive to Secaucus, NJ (park the car at the plaza) and take the express 190 bus to Port Authority. From there I have to make a couple of train transfers. Taking my car to NY from NJ is expensive, $6 on the Lincoln Tunnel another $6 on the Midtown Tunnel plus the monthly garage parking fee in Queens which ranges from $150-$300 and that would drastically increase if you park anywhere in Manhattan. And oh I forgot to tell you that there's a looming toll payment this year that covers the Upper-West side area down to the business district / seaport area in Manhattan.

So if you bring your car to NY from NJ on a daily basis let's say 20 days a month, $6 toll on the tunnel either Holland or Lincoln (cheaper if you have EZ Pass) and the same cost on the GW Bridge would be $120 plus $300 monthly parking. We're not even talking about gas and the city toll yet and we're already racking-up almost $500 easy. The city toll is expected to be between $6 - $8 so another $160 plus a couple of full tanks ($30 per FT) every week depending on your location in NJ would roughly be around $240. That's almost $900 just by bringing your car into the big city on a daily basis. Not a wise move.

I am in Elmhurst but really close to Jackson Heights. Street parking is crazy but you don't really need to have a car here. Subways and Buses are the mode of transportation in this part of New York. It would take you anywhere you go in the 5 boroughs.

Yeah I'll figure that out soon.. I'm just gathering more information here in istorya.net like omad shared a helpful information. If I have a car I would rather stay here in NJ but since I just borrow it if my sister if she's not using it but evetually I will soon buy my own car maski 2nd hand lang but if I will relocate in NY blema na sad parking didto so for now it's not my priority anyway I already have my NJ DL.Owning a car in New York is not really advisable unless you need it to complement your work ie home care nurse, on-site tech, doing sales-call etc etc.. But if you have a 9-5 job in the big city then subways are the best way to go. Ever wonder who those people are wearing those fancy suits you get to ride on the subways with every morning? Some of those are the big shots in the business district but they prefer to ride the train: 1) traffic is bad going to the city 2) expensive parking 3) expensive toll 4) taking the subway is the fastest means of transpo in NY and 5) less hassle and no worries.

Mayor Bloomberg takes the train to and from the City Hall everyday because of one of the reasons above.

11.    Advertisement