Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Do u know the Halleluijah song of Bamboo, Blasphemy daw against God?

Just wanna know your opinion if u agree or not. is the song against God or not? My stand is that I'm in the middle. why? coz on one part as the line goes like this "ngaung gabi ako ang sundalo mo" it's like God does really watches over us like He is more than a guardian angel. But then using "Halleluijah" on other part is like why use that "Holy" word? But then my friends said and commenting on "sinong sawa sinong galit sumigaw nagung gabi 'halelu haleluijah"' they said if in times that your down it's better to praise God, so shouting halleluijah is okay. so what's your opinion guys?

Default Re: Do u know the Halleluijah song of Bamboo, Blasphemy daw against God?

GO TO HALE!!!

Default Re: Do u know the Halleluijah song of Bamboo, Blasphemy daw against God?

Here's the point of Nathan Azarcon in contrast with what you heard about the song! Freedom from those that are opressed!!

hallelujah
    by Nathan Azarcon

Hallelujah is a remarkable word. In the Bible, it appears only in the book of Psalms; yet this exuberant exclamation of joy and gratitude has survived the passage of centuries, transcending the barriers of language and culture. What exactly does it mean?

According to the Talmud, Hallelujah is the most sublime expression of God's praise, combining together in one word both praise ("hallel") and God's Name (the two-letter Name 'Ya-H'). Yet Hallelujah does not appear throughout the book of Psalms. It is only used in the last third of the book, starting with chapter 104.

"Let sin be finished from the earth, and evil be no more. My soul will bless God, Hallelujah!" [Ps. 104:35]

What is special about this particular verse, that it contains the very first usage of the word Hallelujah? The Sages noted that the theme of this verse is the destruction of evil. King David, they explained, only began employing this declaration of God's praise after he witnessed the downfall of the wicked.

In what way does Hallelujah relate to the downfall of the wicked?

Why does it contain the short, two-letter Name of God, and not the full Name of God (consisting of four letters), which is more commonly used?

We need first to determine the inner meaning of the Name 'Ya-H'. This Name for God appears in the Torah after Amalek's unprovoked attack on the Jews, as they left Egypt. God took an oath, as it were, "upon the throne of Ya-H, a war against Amalek throughout the generations." [Ex 17:16] The Sages explained that as long as evil exists in the world - as long as Amalek has not been destroyed - God's Name is incomplete, containing only two letters.
    Thus the Name 'Ya-H' refers to the state in which the world is not yet perfected. As long as there is room for evil and violence in the world, God's rule is incomplete. God's full Name belongs to the era in which the corrupted spirit will be destroyed, evil will dissipate like smoke, and all will acknowledge and praise God with His complete Name.

The most elevated praise, combining God's praise with His full Name, belongs to a future time. But the praise of Hallelujah reflects a sublime form of praise suitable for our days.

If we can raise our sights and understand the purpose of evil, if we can grasp that a world in which evil existed and was subsequently overcome is greater than one in which evil never played a part, then we can honestly combine God's praise with the Name 'Ya-H'. This combination indicates that we recognize the value of a world in which corruption is allowed to exist. Hallelujah is an expression of this lofty outlook, acknowledging God's praise in an incomplete world.

King David succeeded in reaching this level when he witnessed the fall of the wicked. "Let sin be finished and evil be no more." He understood the function of the wicked and their downfall, and at that point was able to call out: Hallelujah!

ray kook on psalms 104

hahahahaha! wla ko kasabot sa lyrics. pero nalingaw ko sa reply nga go to hale.

Bamboo also sings about God in other Bamboo songs- there's no doubt Bamboo is a devout catholic. In effect, that rumor would then just be a direct result of misinterpretation.

Here's the lyrics:

Anung balita sa radio at TV
    Ganun parin kumakapa sa dilim
    Minsa'y na isip ko ng umalis na lang dito
    Limutan ang lahat lumipad, lumayo

Bato bato sa langit
    Tamaan wag magalit
    Alam naman natin kung sino ang tuso

Sa bawat sumpang umiiyak singil ko ay piso
    Sa bawat lumuluhang dukha - alay ko'y dugo

[CHORUS]
    May kasama ka kapatid, Kaibigan
    Hangga't ako'y humuhinga may pag-asa pa

Oh......

Hallelu
    Hallelujah

Sinong sawa, Sinong galit
    Sumigaw ngayong gabi

Hallelu
    Hallelujah

Blinded by the light
    I could barely see the faces in front of me
    Asking me how do we begin
    Well for starters from within
    I'm ashamed of what I've become in the mirror
    The face of my one true enemy
    Hallelujah it's a new day
    Lets take control If I have to take this message door to door
    Save myself save every soul
    With permission I make this my personal mission
    Save me from the fire, from the fire

Save me from the fire

Ngayong gabi ako ang sundalo mo
    Habang ika'y tulog ako'y gising nakabantay sa iyo - e kasi mahal kita
    tingnan mo pag-ibig ko'y sa iyo lamang

[CHORUS]
    May kasama ka kapatid, Kaibigan
    Hanga't ako'y humuhinga may pag-asa pa
    In my opinion, I think the song is all about the gift of hope that God has given us:
    "Hangga't ako'y humihinga, may pag-asa pa..." ---> also delves into the gift of life
    "Sinong sawa, sinong galit- sumigaw ngayong gabi: 'Hallelujah'" ---> More like saying "When you're down and out, don't worry for God gives us hope."
    • Also note that the first stanza talks about emigration from the Phils, in search for a better life in other countries... but Bamboo clearly meant "There is still hope".

Bamboo is an artist and he is just expressing his feeling through music and that is art through music and literature. He has his own interpretation and you have your own but the message was clearly there it's just your point and his point doesn't meet.

Blasphemy is when you are telling hoax to someone while the truth is ethical.

If you don't like it, hate it
    If you can't appreciate it then don't comment
    if you don't want to hear it then don't listen

It's just that, same with visual art.

We don't need to argue about it because it was his feeling that was expressed.

Its the artist that make the art.

haha. mangutana nalang kaha ta inig ari nila? manukar man sila sa bright academy

ka karaan na ani na kanta oi. ngano karon paman ni na hisgotan. anyway, there is such a thing as poetic license right? i can say "kill god" in a lyric and mean it in a different way than what you guys are thinking ryt? so no body has the right to say that this song is this and that because music is free and in should be viewed upon as such. you can interpret it in a whole lotsa ways.

nop!!!! depends on you

its a matter of how we interpret the song. we have our own interpretation, Bamboo its a good composer and a singer, like fellow istoryans said he express his feeling through his songs. so what ever his interpretations its up to him and we have our own as well. For me its a good song, just a typical music of bamboo..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast