Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ReikoChan View Post
    I LOL'd. It feels like something that would come from a Marvel movie.
    no one's powerful enough in the MCU to chuck a car to the moon lol. well, Thanos probably.

besides, Superman has a history of doing physical damage to people's rides.

remember the lorry/truck driver in Man of Steel? Clark coulda just let it be, but no he pretty much cost that man his job when he impaled the fellas truck(Superdouchebag). Superman also wrecked Zod's spaceship and the space craft that held the birth codex he was driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    remember the lorry/truck driver in Man of Steel? Clark coulda just let it be, but no he pretty much cost that man his job when he impaled the fellas truck(Superdouchebag).
    I think this is just one of Zack Snyder's attempt at exaggerated humor lol. For me, what happened to that truck somehow served as a reminder that although he's trying to be reserved and human as much as possible, but that doesnt mean he can just let some people mess with him and in this case, that girl too. Hell, I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. Or prolly worse. Hahaha

no one's powerful enough in the MCU to chuck a car to the moon lol. well, Thanos probably.

besides, Superman has a history of doing physical damage to people's rides.

remember the lorry/truck driver in Man of Steel? Clark coulda just let it be, but no he pretty much cost that man his job when he impaled the fellas truck(Superdouchebag). Superman also wrecked Zod's spaceship and the space craft that held the birth codex he was driving.
    Don't forget about the Hulk. Perhaps with the right amount of rage, there's no knowing what he can't do yet.

I actually liked that lorry/truck driver scene. It shows how immature and inexperienced this version of Clark Kent is. It's a great start for a potential trilogy where we get to see him grow and learn how to handle his future battles and enemies better than how he did with General Zod. We'll see him learn from his mistakes, and I think (okay, I HOPE) that it'll be great.

And besides. Standing up for a lady being disrespected is always cute.

nice ni nga movie...superman and batman..

Quote Originally Posted by themoviejunkie View Post

I think this is just one of Zack Snyder's attempt at exaggerated humor lol. For me, what happened to that truck somehow served as a reminder that although he's trying to be reserved and human as much as possible, but that doesnt mean he can just let some people mess with him and in this case, that girl too. Hell, I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. Or prolly worse. Hahaha
    I don't think it's good to destroy other people's property/livelihood just because you're upset with them, Superman or not. I'm no medical expert, but that's just psycho.

"WRAAA this guy pissed me off! Imma wreck his propertaaaay!!!!!111"

Don't forget about the Hulk. Perhaps with the right amount of rage, there's no knowing what he can't do yet.

I actually liked that lorry/truck driver scene. It shows how immature and inexperienced this version of Clark Kent is. It's a great start for a potential trilogy where we get to see him grow and learn how to handle his future battles and enemies better than how he did with General Zod. We'll see him learn from his mistakes, and I think (okay, I HOPE) that it'll be great.

And besides. Standing up for a lady being disrespected is always cute.
    it just shows what a shoddy job Martha and Jonathan did of raising Clark. of course I'm not really surprised, this is the same Jonathan Kent that wanted Clark to let all his little classmates DROWN just for the sake of hiding his powers. Pa's rationale makes sense from a "greater good" standpoint, but it doesn't mean it's right.

you're supposed to defend a friend being harassed, but he went over the top with that. that scene with the driver could have been handled in a much more charming and civilized way. sure, Clark is immature, but he's not an uneducated punk who destroys other people's belongings. good grief he even stole clothes. what did his foster parents teach him?!

and you're expecting too much from Snyder and Goyer. Superman will continue to destroy. lol he even destroyed one of the US government's spy planes at the end. really? this Superman is perhaps the least charming, least inspiring, gung ho, solve-my-problems-with-my-fist Superman of all time.

you're supposed to defend a friend being harassed, but he went over the top with that. that scene with the driver could have been handled in a much more charming and civilized way. sure, Clark is immature, but he's not an uneducated punk who destroys other people's belongings. good grief he even stole clothes. what did his foster parents teach him?!

and you're expecting too much from Snyder and Goyer. Superman will continue to destroy. lol he even destroyed one of the US government's spy planes at the end. really? this Superman is perhaps the least charming, least inspiring, gung ho, solve-my-problems-with-my-fist Superman of all time.
    Yeah, he did go over the top with that. But I dont think that situation at the bar can be handled in a "charming and civilized way." That drunk guy is already asking for trouble the moment he disrespected the girl.

And just because he stole those clothes doesnt mean his foster parents arent raising him right.

And "expecting too much" has always been my association with Snyder whenever I hear the director's name. I mean, he is undoubtedly a brilliant film auteur for his unique visual style that he puts in his movies. So for the upcoming Man of Steel sequel, I agree with you that Supes will continue to destroy.

I don't think it's good to destroy other people's property/livelihood just because you're upset with them, Superman or not. I'm no medical expert, but that's just psycho.

"WRAAA this guy pissed me off! Imma wreck his propertaaaay!!!!!111"

it just shows what a shoddy job Martha and Jonathan did of raising Clark. of course I'm not really surprised, this is the same Jonathan Kent that wanted Clark to let all his little classmates DROWN just for the sake of hiding his powers. Pa's rationale makes sense from a "greater good" standpoint, but it doesn't mean it's right.

This is also the same Jonathan Kent who DIED to keep his son hidden from authorities who might try to take him away or use him or condemn him for being a freak. Who knows what would have happened if Clark had been discovered before his prime. As a parent, human instinct drove Jon to think of his son's welfare first above anyone else's. It may not be the right thing to do but it did showcase how freakin' hard it was to decide between what was morally RIGHT and what was BEST.

He's not an uneducated punk. His mindset is probably "Hey, I go around town saving your mortal as*es from burning oil rigs, the least you could do for me is lend me a shirt that you have worn already and can easily replace." I wouldn't mind if Clark walked all the way home shirtless anyway (/grin). He's like a dull rock that needs to be shined. There's so much room for improvement that it would be SO EPIC to finally see him come around as the Superman we all know in the succeeding movies. Wait for iiiiiiiiit.

Quote Originally Posted by themoviejunkie View Post

Yeah, he did go over the top with that. But I dont think that situation at the bar can be handled in a "charming and civilized way." That drunk guy is already asking for trouble the moment he disrespected the girl.

And just because he stole those clothes doesnt mean his foster parents arent raising him right.

And "expecting too much" has always been my association with Snyder whenever I hear the director's name. I mean, he is undoubtedly a brilliant film auteur for his unique visual style that he puts in his movies. So for the upcoming Man of Steel sequel, I agree with you that Supes will continue to destroy.
    then you're not thinking outside the box like Goyer and Snyder. there's so many ways to handle that scene. but hey, it's easier to just let Clark be a criminal and INTENTIONALLY destroy somebody elses property and ruin their lives.

he stole clothes. Ma and Pa Kent raised a thief.

so Snyder continues to make a popcorn movie, but not a Superman movie. that's just great.

This is also the same Jonathan Kent who DIED to keep his son hidden from authorities who might try to take him away or use him or condemn him for being a freak. Who knows what would have happened if Clark had been discovered before his prime. As a parent, human instinct drove Jon to think of his son's welfare first above anyone else's. It may not be the right thing to do but it did showcase how freakin' hard it was to decide between what was morally RIGHT and what was BEST.

He's not an uneducated punk. His mindset is probably "Hey, I go around town saving your mortal as*es from burning oil rigs, the least you could do for me is lend me a shirt that you have worn already and can easily replace." I wouldn't mind if Clark walked all the way home shirtless anyway (/grin). He's like a dull rock that needs to be shined. There's so much room for improvement that it would be SO EPIC to finally see him come around as the Superman we all know in the succeeding movies. Wait for iiiiiiiiit.
    Jonathan was messed up in the head lol. instead of teaching Clark about how he might use his powers for the good of mankind, he instead taught him to be paranoid and be a loner and let children die.

would it hurt for Clark to ASK for the t-shirt? come on. even a 12 year old knows how to ask for things he doesn't own, unless they were not raised right and just took things away without permission. and just because Clark is a "hero" doesn't give him the right to do stuff like that.

then you're not thinking outside the box like Goyer and Snyder. there's so many ways to handle that scene. but hey, it's easier to just let Clark be a criminal and INTENTIONALLY destroy somebody elses property and ruin their lives.

he stole clothes. Ma and Pa Kent raised a thief.

so Snyder continues to make a popcorn movie, but not a Superman movie. that's just great.

Jonathan was messed up in the head lol. instead of teaching Clark about how he might use his powers for the good of mankind, he instead taught him to be paranoid and be a loner and let children die.

would it hurt for Clark to ASK for the t-shirt? come on. even a 12 year old knows how to ask for things he doesn't own, unless they were not raised right and just took things away without permission. and just because Clark is a "hero" doesn't give him the right to do stuff like that.
    OH COME ON, Blackie. Really? Screen time for that? That's a horrible gay joke - guy stares at Clark's bod, swallows, looks up in his face and say "Sure, man."
    Last edited by ReikoChan; 07-27-2013 at 07:14 PM.

MOS has officially green-lit for a sequel -- a sequel co-starring Gotham's Caped Crusader...Batman is joining forces... awesome!!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast