Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default No renewal of contract, workers who didn’t support Rama to leave

CEBU, Philippines - It's time for casual employees who campaigned against reelected Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama to start thinking of another employment.

Rama yesterday confirmed reports that employment of co-terminus City Hall employees who did not support his reelection bid will not be renewed.

Rama will start his second term at noon on June 30.

But he explained that even if some workers who supported his candidacy but do not have good characters must also have to go.

"Even if they supported me (during the election) but they are lazy, and are accused of criminal charges, they will have to go," the mayor said.

Rama also clarified reports mentioned earlier by outgoing Vice Mayor Joy Young that about 2,000 contractual employees will be "fired."

"No, the word is not fired because they are contractual employees. More of their contracts not being renewed," Rama told reporters.

He revealed that those who will no longer be renewed could exceed the number initially reported.

"Two thousand? I don't know. It can even be more. I have formed a committee to examine the people's performances. I do not want to put deadline on them," the mayor said'

He stressed that the final say would have to come from him after the assessment of the committee.

When asked who the members of his committee are, Rama refused to reveal so that employees would not know.

He also reiterated that there is a revamp among department heads.

"I have already announced this. Those who did not support me would have to be replaced," Rama said.

Rama also confirmed reports that outgoing Councilors Joey Daluz and Edu Rama would be among his trusted officials in his second term whether as consultant or department heads.

"Si Daluz, I will have to talk to him about this. The most important thing is they will always be a part of the team. Even Edu Rama. Because they are the people who stood for me and I'm very pleased," he said.

Team Rama will hold its thanksgiving and victory party today at the Rama Compound in Barangay Basak.

Rama said he is thankful to be able to continue his public service, wanting to thank the community where he started his service in 1976.

The thanksgiving party, Rama said, is also a way of thanking God for giving him another chance to serve the public for another three years.

Rama said those people who supported him will attend like the Rama and Lopez families and his political leaders.

But he said he is not so sure if defeated north district congressional candidate Annabelle Rama will attend since she is now in Manila.

The mayor said he will not expect familiar faces from the other camp, the Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan, to be there.

"I wish they will not (come). But if media will be there I won't drive them out," he said.

Rama said he is not expecting a lot of people to attend the party since there are no invitations to public.

A thanksgiving mass will be held at 3 p.m. followed by a fiesta-themed celebration. -/LPM (FREEMAN)

Unsa may masulti ninyo ani?

for sure unahon nya ug tang2x ang mga osmena supporters, 2nd priority nalang nah nya ang dili maayo ug performance nga iyang supporters para ingnon fair cya. this is what u call politics, maamong intawn ang mga innocent civilian aning mga politiko. they are not really a public servant of the people, they run for the post just for the power.

This is common man jud..Samot na kung change of mayor jud ang nahitabo.

Men and their politics.

awww mao lagi ni daun..

trapo gihapon.....not the winning part...but the implementation part.....
    ambot if existent ba ang words nga Political Maturity...but mao tingali matawag nako ana...kanang maka-get over ka about politics when you win and forget about political rivalry when you are in seat...

mga qualified nga osmeña supporters ani, ma-tang2x...so much for job security...

same old story..................................

matud sa panultion weather weather lang

I hope that what he wanted is just a cohesive functional city government
    that he had full control of, not because of the absence of partisanship and fanaticism.

this is what we call political purge..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast