Page 69 of 427 FirstFirst ... 596667686970717279 ... LastLast

Default Re: MERGED: Hong Kong (w/ pics!)

July & August ang sale sa HK

Senior Member Platinum Member ckice168's Avatar

Posted by: Galadriel
    Insert Quote
    will december be a good time to go to hongkong?

--- december is a bit cold. if your used to the cold weather its a nice time to go. just remember if you intend to do some shopping expect lines at the major retail shops. The BIG BIG sales in hong kong are always in July to middle August. You can still catch some sales in end Aug to Mid Sept but not much on the signature brands. By that time, most of the better stuff and sizes have been taken by the local hong kong people.

July sale is called summer sale. The 2nd season sale is Feb. That is winter sale. Not very good for us pinoys because most of the clothing you can buy at that time are rather thick, since its for winter. They put winter clothes on sale to make room for the spring collection... there is no spring sale.

Worst time to go to hong kong is Chinese new year. Most shops are closed for about a week. Not all but a LOT of shops close during those times.

If your looking to buy electronics and gadgets then Hong Kong will fit you all year round. Its a gadget shoppers paradise 24/7/365!

For electronics:

Computers - Sham Shui Po - "Golden" of course
    Computers - Mongkok - "Mongkok Computer Center"
    Computers - Wanchai - "Wanchai Computer Center"
    Cameras and Video Cams - Mongkok - Ladies Night Market exit - road parallel to Nathan road (there's 2 good roads for that there)
    Cameras and Cellphones - Sham Shui Po - look for Ap Pliu Street complex exit

2nd Hand Gadgets - Yes there is a place for this still at - Sham Shui Po - look for Ap Pliu Street complex exit and a few shops inside Mongkok Computer Center

If your a frequent visitor to hong kong get an octopus subway card. its a cool card and you get to use it in a lot of shops all over hong kong - seven eleven, watsons, even the fastfood shops. Its a stored value card that re-loadable at the subway station. reload is per 100hkd for automachine. Load does not expire so you can keep your card for the next visit. I've had my card since 97 and i've been using the same card ever since I got the special seven eleven cellphone dangling thing...

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra
    hello... clarification lang... when you say ang city bus naa daghan every 30 minutes mo leave... do you mean that their buses run a 24-hour operation?... so anytime you arrive at the airport, naa ka bus jud masakyan? taking the perspective of those who will take the cebu pacific flight; --- naa pa masakyan when cp flight arrives?

yup! ng cebu pacific mn pd ko pg adtu! was alone gani... naabot ko from cebu to hongkong airport kai 1am na.. hulat lang ko sa gawas A21 naa kaau daghan every 30min ang interval muabot sa bus stop!

Hi , anyone interested in booking for a very affordable hotel in HOngkong let me know..

single occupancy kai 2450/night
    double room kai 3850/night

is you prize in HK dollar

dli oi! converted to peso nana!
    hehehe
    For hongkong dollar
    if you want in hkd 350 single room
    520 HKD double occupancy

Budget traveler Package 3D/2N
    package price : 17th (inclusive of tax)
    inclusions:
    airfare (via cebu pacific)
    hotel accomodation (tatami/panda hotel)
    ocean park/disneyland whole day pass
    breakfast outside hotel
    city tour

elite traveler package 3D/2N
    package price : 25th
    inslusions:
    airfare (via cathay pacific)
    hotel accomodation ( Ramada kowloon/ BP international )
    complementary hongkong city tour
    daily outside breakfast

premier traveler package 4D/3N
    package price : 28th
    inclusions:
    airfare ( via cathay pacific/PAL)
    hotel accomodation (BP int/ramada kowloon 2nts Hkg + 1 nt Disney)
    daily outside breakfast
    one day entrance ticket to Disneyland

*minimum of two pax per booking
    *PEAK SEASON RATES APPLY
    *contact 09176911842 for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by miavic
    dli oi! converted to peso nana!
    hehehe
    For hongkong dollar
    if you want in hkd 350 single room
    520 HKD double occupancy
    aw lagi kay 5 star accomodation nana if in HK dollar...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by carlomonic
    aw lagi kay 5 star accomodation nana if in HK dollar...hehehe
    ehehehehee
    joker sd ka da....

We stayed at the Tatami Hampton Hotel. We were lucky we got a VERY VERY VERY low rate of 500Php per room per night. Wala mi nag.package. We had a Standard Twin/Double room. My wife & I managed to request for a queen bed without any additional charge. The a/c works fine. We also had a direct-dial phone with complimentary local calls. But of course we were never able to use the TV because we were out the whole time. The handheld shower works fine. Although, if you read online reviews of this hotel, mag.duha² jud ka. I prepared for the worst. Turns out good ra man d i. It is clean... na lang! I got what I paid for. I think they have 100+ rooms. We requested for a room at the high floors. Buotan ra man ang uban nila staff. They told us, beforehand, that their rooms were very small. But we told them we're Filipinos & we're used to it. Ok ra man sila. Mao na n.mention ko na uban ra ang buotan kay some tend to avoid you. Especially those who does not know how to speak English. Quite rude if you must say. But I realized, maybe they find it intimidating - the language barrier.

11.    Advertisement