Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by <SMILE> View Post
    You can ask the 12 million or so who votes,
    you 1 against 12 million, sounds sane enough.
    They voted for Binay too, so what's your point? Just because 12 million voters went for her doesn't mean she's not crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by monroy View Post
    They voted for Binay too, so what's your point? Just because 12 million voters went for her doesn't mean she's not crazy.
    The matter is I think out of the 12million and 1,
    you are the only one who branded her as crazy,
    meaning the 12 million is wrong and you are right,
    or is it the 12 million is right and you are wrong.

Elite Member
    The matter is I think out of the 12million and 1,
    you are the only one who branded her as crazy,
    meaning the 12 million is wrong and you are right,
    or is it the 12 million is right and you are wrong.
    Well this ignores the possibility that voters elected her despite knowing she's crazy. Would that be inconceivable? These are the same kind of voters who elected Estrada, despite knowing he's a convicted plunderer. I wouldn't put too much weight on the choices of voters here. If the voters here had a history of choosing well, then this country wouldn't be this screwed up.

And wasn't Miriam's whole point that getting voted into the Senate ain't enough to prove competence? I'm merely saying that being voted into the Senate doesn't prove sanity either. Why the double standard? Sorry if you're a fan of Miriam but I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrespook View Post
    Akung Idol nag sugod na pud oh!.. pro nawad.an kog gana tungod ani iyang statement..

"Competence does not simply mean being qualified. A senator has to have academic excellence and not be simply a graduate. A senator should have graduated with honors from a revered (“tinitingalang”) university known all over the world (and that would mean the University of the Philippines), Ateneo, or La Salle. Sana, nag-graduate sa anuman sa tatlong ito,” she explained."
    - Senators should have basic economics. Screw their passion and sincerity to serve, all their legislation will always have economic consequences almost always contrary to their intended goal. And it doesn't need an exceptional person to understand economics. Unfortunately, all our politicians are economically ignorant, convinced that their sincerity to serve, whether genuine or fake, is enough to qualify them to make rules on the lives of other people, afterall, they don't have a price to pay for being wrong.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    - Senators should have basic economics. Screw their passion and sincerity to serve, all their legislation will always have economic consequences almost always contrary to their intended goal. And it doesn't need an exceptional person to understand economics. Unfortunately, all our politicians are economically ignorant, convinced that their sincerity to serve, whether genuine or fake, is enough to qualify them to make rules on the lives of other people, afterall, they don't have a price to pay for being wrong.
    The sad reality is, they not only fail at economics they have no genuine passion or sincerity either. It's all for show, like the fake tears shed in the Senate, or the false display of intelligence by Senators who think they are smarter than they really are. As a country, we are run by fake, insincere people but who can blame them? If they get elected, it must mean the people admire political showmanship rather than genuine resolve.

Or maybe we're not really a democracy and the whole system is fake as well...

Well this ignores the possibility that voters elected her despite knowing she's crazy. Would that be inconceivable? These are the same kind of voters who elected Estrada, despite knowing he's a convicted plunderer. I wouldn't put too much weight on the choices of voters here. If the voters here had a history of choosing well, then this country wouldn't be this screwed up.

And wasn't Miriam's whole point that getting voted into the Senate ain't enough to prove competence? I'm merely saying that being voted into the Senate doesn't prove sanity either. Why the double standard? Sorry if you're a fan of Miriam but I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours.
    Well, actually I'm not a fanatic,
    I don't even like Miriam's personality, but I still voted for her,
    not because I like her, but know that she had the capacity to run the country
    as a senator. How come that you could say that she is crazy, do you have the medical
    proof to say so, is it just because she does not please you at all, be wary that she is a senator
    for the country and not only for you. You may have an opinion but I'm sure it varies with the opinion
    of the filipino people that voted for her. Then now could you consider Meriam as a source of the
    dire sitauation of the country as you tried to emphasize?

Elite Member
    Well, actually I'm not a fanatic,
    I don't even like Miriam's personality, but I still voted for her,
    not because I like her, but know that she had the capacity to run the country
    as a senator. How come that you could say that she is crazy, do you have the medical
    proof to say so, is it just because she does not please you at all, be wary that she is a senator
    for the country and not only for you. You may have an opinion but I'm sure it varies with the opinion
    of the filipino people that voted for her. Then now could you consider Meriam as a source of the
    dire sitauation of the country as you tried to emphasize?
    Well like I said it's my opinion, based on her mannerism during the impeachment trial and the way she conducts herself in general, she doesn't appear to me to be a sane person, or at the very least is on the gray area between normal and crazy. I wouldn't say its an expert opinion, but I wouldn't call it baseless either. There are many people who think she's crazy, even people who vote for her. If you don't know these people, then I guess you don't know enough people. But I digress and we're going around in circles. I'm also sure her opinion on Binay varies with the opinion of the filipino people that voted for her too. What's the relevance of voters to the discussion. Voters vote for people for a variety of reasons. Voters can be very dumb as well. In fact most of the time voters vote for no reason at all other than name-recall. There's nothing new here, it's the plain truth about our democratic system.

As I said, her premise was that getting voted into office is not enough to prove competence. I agree, it's not enough to prove someone ain't crazy either. The proof is in the person's conduct and mannerism, and in my opinioin as I've said many times she fails this test. I don't wanna waste any more time on this, I get it, you voted for her and find her behavior normal. I think she's crazy. I won't change your opinion, and you won't change mine.
    Last edited by monroy; 05-21-2013 at 11:42 AM.

It's a classic case of "vote for me and i give you these" and "give me these and i will vote for you" mentality that pervades through our politicians and citizens alike. I am quite certain, for every legislation that our leaders make, it is primarily to secure his status, his wealth, his influence, and his family in the name of the good of our country. It is the most easiest of tasks to label something as good without analyzing in depth the consequences that are often not too apparent initially. Labeling black as white doesn't make black white. Therefore, our leaders must have the capability of seeing more than their good intentions. They should have the KNOWLEDGE to see the consequences of their innocent intentions. Intentions cannot bend the laws of economy. We need politicians grounded on economics and never on emotion.

Well like I said it's my opinion, based on her mannerism during the impeachment trial and the way she conducts herself in general, she doesn't appear to me to be a sane person, or at the very least is on the gray area between normal and crazy. I wouldn't say its an expert opinion, but I wouldn't call it baseless either. There are many people who think she's crazy, even people who vote for her. If you don't know these people, then I guess you don't know enough people. But I digress and we're going around in circles. I'm also sure her opinion on Binay varies with the opinion of the filipino people that voted for her too. What's the relevance of voters to the discussion. Voters vote for people for a variety of reasons. Voters can be very dumb as well. There's nothing new here, it's the plain truth about our democratic system.
    Voters vote for people for a variety of reasons
    Here is your answer,
    before making any statement we should ask first the 12 million why they voted,
    not making any conclusion that they are dumb, for you are not that superior
    making the 12 million inferior of your supposedly intellect to choose. Are you that brilliant?

Being couragoeus facing the inefficacy and destortness of the political figures is not really
    an insane gesture, but nationalistic, I could say I may even give credit to what she did.
    We do not know yet, if the people who voted for Binay is for partisanship, I could even assume
    that they voted Nancy for they found honesty in her the most common virtue needed by the
    people for the selected politicians. On this regard I think they will ammend that Nancy still
    needs the technical skills to be senator, but the trust not to plunder is layed upon her by the people.IMO

Elite Member
    Here is your answer,
    before making any statement we should ask first the 12 million why they voted,
    not making any conclusion that they are dumb, for you are not that superior
    making the 12 million inferior of your supposedly intellect to choose. Are you that brilliant?

Being couragoeus facing the inefficacy and destortness of the political figures is not really
    an insane gesture, but nationalistic, I could say I may even give credit to what she did.
    We do not know yet, if the people who voted for Binay is for partisanship, I could even assume
    that they voted Nancy for they found honesty in her the most common virtue needed by the
    people for the selected politicians. On this regard I think they will ammend that Nancy still
    needs the technical skills to be senator, but the trust not to plunder is layed upon her by the people.IMO
    OK, whatever... like I said to you your opinion, to me mine. By the way, never said voters are dumb. I said they can be very dumb, which isn't the same.

I never made any assumptions on why voters vote for her, that's why I said voters vote for many reasons. You don't speak for the 12 million voters, and neither do I. What I can say though is that voters can be dumb, that's why convicted plunderer can get elected in this country. In that sense, it doesn't really matter why they vote for these people, what matters is that they did and now must suffer the consequences of their decisions. And again my point is, getting elected to office neither proves nor disproves competence or sanity. What about this do you find disagreeable?

Also you're making a big deal about the 12 million voters. What about the millions who did not vote for her? Are you sure I'm the only one who thinks she's crazy?
    Last edited by monroy; 05-21-2013 at 12:16 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast