Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default University of San Carlos Law School - Juris Doctor Curriculum

Hi everyone,

I just took the USC law entrance exam last week and fortunately, I passed. When I checked USC curriculum, it offered two curricula namely: LLB and JD (Juris Doctor) for SY 2013-2014.

Further research, I realized that some of the top law schools in the PHilippines,like Ateneo and UP, are having JD curriculum as well. In Cebu, UC has just adopted this last year. Although I know this will be a more challenging curriculum, nevertheless, I'm interested to try it out to increase my chances of passing the bar and, hopefully, to equip me better as a practicing lawyer in the future.

Some differences I noticed between them is that, unlike LLB, JD has apprenticeship program, thesis submission and more variety of elective subjects.

Any opinion on this matter and maybe you can help me decide which curriculum to take?

(those planning to take usc law - asa inyoha nga curriculum ganahan??) =)

Boss unsa type ang entrance exam sa law school sa usc? (logic,math,english,etc..)

More on this thread please. thanks

More on analysis and math.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Boss unsa type ang entrance exam sa law school sa usc? (logic,math,english,etc..)
    verbal ability, reading comprehension, critical thinking, math (more on algebra) and abstract reasoning. time is only 2 hrs and 50 mins. tight kaayo cya so you really have to be fast. ahehehe

nice for my alma mater...Godspeed

Salamat mga Boss may God bless me

Verbal reasoning, critical thinking, quantitative ability, figural reasoning.

UP man ko .. so I go for the JD curriculum. one of our guys recently completed a doctorate at Stanford.

Quote Originally Posted by synmo morale View Post
    verbal ability, reading comprehension, critical thinking, math (more on algebra) and abstract reasoning. time is only 2 hrs and 50 mins. tight kaayo cya so you really have to be fast. ahehehe
    yep medyo tight dyud ang time... wala ko gaexpect pagtake kay relax ra kaau ko until nga nisulti "you have 50mins left". narattle ko kay wala pa ko kasugod sa math kay complacent ra kaau .. pas2x au ko nagsolve sa math and abstract reasoning. huhu

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast