Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 495657585960616269 ... LastLast

@miramax: I'm not so sure about the details about UITFs since I'm with a mutual fund company. However, I'll just answer your queries based on the things that I know:

Quote Originally Posted by miramax View Post
    1. I forgot which type of product I have chosen.
    Q: Unsaon man nako pagkahibaw, do I really have to email BDO Investments Dept.to get the details?
    Can you access it online? Or you do have some kind of statement after you invested? If its a yes to either of the two, you can check it there. If its equity, its in stocks, if its fixed income, its in bonds, bills, notes, etc.

2. I forgot the exact holding period that I've initially applied for.
    I think I've opt for the type of which the minimum placement amt. is Php10K , If we are to calculate from the first debit (May 2013) up to the current (Nov.30) mora man sobra na target amt. for me to get issued with a COP pertaining to my investment.
    Chances are, basin nisaka na ang amount sa imong portfolio mao naay difference sa deducted amount kaysa imong makita nga amount sa portfolio. If the discrepancy came from the ADA itself, best thing to do is to inform the bank ASAP.

Q: 2.1) If granted nga 3 years kunohay ako ge opt nga holding period, will the bank notify me that I have already been issued with COP or my COP is ready for pick-up kay I have met na the required minimum placement?

2.2) How about if it's in contrast; I mean I've selected for a shorter holding period/term like one year for instance. Do I have to notify the bank thru e-mail or by phone that they can auto renew my registration? If so, what will happen to the previous income/gains will it be credited to my account if I'll give them an instruction?
    UITF, just like a mutual fund, is an open ended investment which means, any time pwede ka moredeem sa imong investments. Just be sure lang nga lapas sa holding period to avoid additional charges.

@miramax,

2.2 Holding period, Redemption and Reinvestment
    sakto si sir makie, hehe...

Holding period= 30 days after it has been spinned-off to regular UITF.

Redemption = anytime. if you wish to pre-terminate, with charges.
    = if after holding period, ditso na multiply the COP's participation units to the day's navpu pag-redeem

Reinvestment
    = you have the option to invest 10k only or iapil ang gains.

Note:
    Whenever it has been spinned-off na, regular UITF terms and conditions apply na dayon.

So both EIP and the regular UITF imo i-keep track ani. Recording and monitoring purposes lang.
    I think di ka kabuot when siya iinvest if naka-EIP but makabuot ka when i-redeem. When redeemed and you want to reinvest it again, makabuot naka when i-sud.

Blog Entries
    @ sir makie29 and Mam Cebu,

Mao ra neh ako na extract nga data from BDO online. refer to the attached images which are self explanatory.

************************************************** ****************************************

Account No: xxxx Generated By: xyz
    Account Name: xxxx Tran Type: Debits Only
    Account Type: SA Amount Range:
    Account Currency: PHP Period Covered: From 09/30/2013 To 12/03/2013
    Posting Date Description Branch Debit Amount Credit Amount Running Balance Currency Check Number

29-Nov-13 ADA TRUST UITF & REFNUM RECON UNIT 2,000.00
    30-Oct-13 ADA TRUST UITF & REFNUM RECON UNIT 2,000.00
    30-Sep-13 ADA TRUST UITF & REFNUM RECON UNIT 2,000.00
    Page 1 of 1
    ** End of Report **

************************************************** ****************************************

Last edited by miramax; 12-03-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Hello, I'm not sure if this is off topic, hope it's not since my question is still regarding Mutual funds.
    So here it is... I found these figures online, but I don't understand what is meant by Return ?

Let's take for example "First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund 7.94% October 2013 YTD Return" , what is meant by 7.94% ? and 1-year Return, 3-year Return, 5-year Return ? Are this projections?

I copied this from the site i found:
    October 2013 - Equity Mutual Funds Performance
    EQUITY FUNDS October 2013 YTD Return 1-year Return 3-year Return 5-year Return
    PESO STOCK FUNDS
    Philippine Stock Index Fund 14.52% 22.69% 17.12% 28.12%
    Philequity PSE Index Fund Inc 14.13% 21.21% 17.11% 27.77%
    Philequity Fund 12.26% 20.36% 17.30% 31.00%
    ATRKE Equity Opportunity Fund 12.23% 19.11% 12.06% 24.03%
    ALFM Growth Fund 10.03% 16.30% 9.51% N.A.
    Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Equity Fund 8.03% 16.51% 14.20% 23.26%
    First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund 7.94% 12.75% 14.43% 30.71%
    ATRKE Alpha Opportunity Fund 6.60% N.A. N.A. N.A.
    Philam Strategic Growth Fund 3.09% 8.09% 11.36% 25.29%
    United Fund 1.78% 5.27% 5.99%

Thanks in advance for your responses.

@miramax,
    The data only shows the amount debited from September to November, 2013.
    Vague gihapon if when jud ang start sa pag debit since the Period Covered generated online is From 09/30/2013 To 12/03/2013 only.
    So far, la pako kadungog nga naay ihatag online notice ang BDO for UITFs and kana maka-invest ka via online lang.
    sa BPI, naa.

If you ought to know the type of UITF and to claim your COP, sa bank nlng jud ma'am.

@bishop_
    If I'm not mistaken, YTD means Year-To-Date or the period beginning January 1 of the current year until today's date.
    So, 7.94% YTD Return = the return so far this year is 7.94%. Why so far pmn ky the rate of return fluctuates depending on the market and sa pag-manage sa funds, where siya si-invest and the year didn't end yet.

1-year Return, 3-year Return, 5-year Return:
    1) 1-year Return
    While YTD means, Year-To-Date or From January 1, 2013 up to December 03, 2013
    Ang 1- year Return is the same as Year-to-Year Return. Bale, December 03, 2012 to December 03, 2013. aw, not sure if sakto na or December 04, 2012 to December 03, 2013.
    Bale, gi-average ang returns in a year.
    Di na sila projections pero ang history ky sort-of gihimo guide pra ma check ang performance but past performance is not indicative of future performance.

2) 3-year Return
    - return for 3 years time to this date and count 3 years back

so on and so forth...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cebu.opportunities View Post
    @miramax,
    The data only shows the amount debited from September to November, 2013.
    Vague gihapon if when jud ang start sa pag debit since the Period Covered generated online is From 09/30/2013 To 12/03/2013 only.
    So far, la pako kadungog nga naay ihatag online notice ang BDO for UITFs and kana maka-invest ka via online lang.
    sa BPI, naa.

If you ought to know the type of UITF and to claim your COP, sa bank nlng jud ma'am.
    mam,

If you are to review the attached image " My Transactions" palihug ko tan-aw anah naka red which says " Search dates cannot be greater than ninety days (90 days) from the current date. " that precisely is the reason why dili ko maka extract sa statement starting from the first debit sometime between April or May 30,2013.
    As to how I learned nga there was an amount debited from those mentioned months kay I was able to view it man 5 months ago and I am regularly monitoring my account via online banking.
    My only mistake is that I didn't compiled it in an excel sheet to keep a full track of the subject UITF transactions.

Another issue is that, although the UITF debit transactions were successful as reflected in my SOA however when I try to generate a report for UITF alone ( see attached image TRUST ACCOUNT)
    Pls. note again on the message highlighted in red it says " You don't have an existing Trust UITF account!"
    Mao neh nakalibog nako.
    I'm not sure whether it is some banking 101 language/terminology kinda thing that I'm not familiar of, hu, hu, hu.

BTW, I've applied for my UITF subscription at my BOA by visiting them in person as they don't have Investments Facilities available online unlike BPI and PNB.
    Last edited by miramax; 12-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.

@miramax,

I tried to view the image pero my poor eyes cannot read the fine letters bisan pa i-zoom in ky ma pixilated siya.
    Yes, aware ko nga mawala rpud ang uban transactions. Better gani imo ma'am ky 90 days. Sa amo ky mga 2 weeks ma wa na dayon.

I'm sorry, pero cannot answer your concerns gyud.
    Please address your concern to the BDO staff in-charge nlng ma'am. Maybe, makita nila sa ilang system or naa sila'y record.

Blog Entries
    @miramax,

I tried to view the image pero my poor eyes cannot read the fine letters bisan pa i-zoom in ky ma pixilated siya.
    Yes, aware ko nga mawala rpud ang uban transactions. Better gani imo ma'am ky 90 days. Sa amo ky mga 2 weeks ma wa na dayon.

I'm sorry, pero cannot answer your concerns gyud.
    Please address your concern to the BDO staff in-charge nlng ma'am. Maybe, makita nila sa ilang system or naa sila'y record.
    Hmmmnnn...morag ang ending aneh is mo long distance ko sa ako BOA, faets. Mayta naay uban istoryan naay experience similar aneh akoa para makakuha tag more inputs.

@ Cebu O,

Appreciate your help ma'am.

@miramax,

ahy, try call sa toll-free customer service ma'am if naa ka number basi pwede nila ma review or sila na mo connect didto.

@bishop_
    If I'm not mistaken, YTD means Year-To-Date or the period beginning January 1 of the current year until today's date.
    So, 7.94% YTD Return = the return so far this year is 7.94%. Why so far pmn ky the rate of return fluctuates depending on the market and sa pag-manage sa funds, where siya si-invest and the year didn't end yet.

1-year Return, 3-year Return, 5-year Return:
    1) 1-year Return
    While YTD means, Year-To-Date or From January 1, 2013 up to December 03, 2013
    Ang 1- year Return is the same as Year-to-Year Return. Bale, December 03, 2012 to December 03, 2013. aw, not sure if sakto na or December 04, 2012 to December 03, 2013.
    Bale, gi-average ang returns in a year.
    Di na sila projections pero ang history ky sort-of gihimo guide pra ma check ang performance but past performance is not indicative of future performance.

2) 3-year Return
    - return for 3 years time to this date and count 3 years back

so on and so forth...
    Thank you so much for the reply cebu.opportunities. Now I understand.

11.    Advertisement

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 495657585960616269 ... LastLast